Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Unlike the RL Stine that I watched/read back in the day that were all PG rated, they gave this trilogy the Rated R treatment. (Makes sense bc as his targeted audience of teens back then, we’re all grown up now and if you were a horror fan in your youth, 99% chance that you still are)

Fear Street on Netflix: R.L. Stine gets rated R in new movie trilogy

The Fear Street books from horror author R.L. Stine are making a comeback as three Netflix movies being released back to back. The '90s series spanned more than 50 books, with the source material slightly scarier than Stine's other popular book series, Goosebumps -- and that's reflected in what Stine himself describes as R-rated horror.

Netflix dropped the Fear Street teaser trailer on Wednesday, showing a series of murders taking place in the town of Shadyside over a period of 300
years. Fear Street Part One: 1994 will debut July 2, followed by Fear Street Part Two: 1978 and Fear Street Part Three: 1666 on July 16.

We lucky we did not get a Ghost of Fear Street movie lol

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Exactly this!! That’s where The Walking Dead fell off for me- all of the infighting instead of the zombies; turned a series that began as a horror series with zombie attack apocalypse into a zombie soap opera with too much drama and no action.

Its like everyone is intent on copying Romero when it comes to zombie flicks. That take is fine but it seems to be the only take and I'd just like to see things changed up a bit.

I only went so far with Black Summer - Season 1 ep 5, because I forgot about it lol. Even though it’s been on my watch list forever. But you’re right- Black Winter is much more Foreboding and darker. Im re-interested. I’m going to rewatch season 1 and where I left off. Not like I can be too picky these days.
I remember I watched the whole first season one weekend but I honestly don't remember anything about it at all.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I will watch around 12AM ET.
Realistically I’ll start watching at 11pm. My 9:00-9:30 is 11 by the time I log off work, get dinner ready, watch a few eps of the new season of The Jurassic Park cartoon on Netflix with the kids and to avoid any interruptions. I was being hopeful with the 9:30 time slot and planning to ignore a few phone calls and/or texts to speed up my viewing. And I’m actually posting here procrastinating instead of working.
:francis:

Last edited:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Realistically I’ll start watching at 11pm. My 9:00-9:30 is 11 by the time I log off work, get dinner ready, watch a few eps of the new season of The Jurassic Park cartoon on Netflix with the kids and to avoid any interruptions. I was being hopeful with the 9:30 time slot and planning to ignore a few phone calls and/or texts to speed up my viewing.
:francis:

I dont get off work until 10PM and then I am going to watch the remainder of the NBA play in game first.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Its like everyone is intent on copying Romero when it comes to zombie flicks. That take is fine but it seems to be the only take and I'd just like to see things changed up a bit.

I remember I watched the whole first season one weekend but I honestly don't remember anything about it at all.
I don’t even remember the main character’s names. The most I remember is Jamie (im just calling her Jamie bc she looks like a Jamie and I think her irl name is that) having a member of the military evacuation unit snatch up her daughter while Jamie gets left bc she didn’t get in the truck fast enough. I forget what happened to her husband. Her neighbors start getting infected .....
You know what let me just stop there. That could literally be the beginning of any zombie movie/series in the past 5 years and I could be confusing it with a different one. I think that I have it confused with that other series starring Lori from The Walking Dead - The Colony
:deadmanny:

Summarizing These zombies movies/series are like the time all of those disaster earth Volcano, meteor movies were released at the same time -
-Volcano
-Dante’s Peak
-Armageddon
-Deep Impact
:skip:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Soon as work day is over - I’m so on this movie.
VssO.gif

@darealvelle @Flex Grossman @The axe murderer @Jello Biafra @storyteller “army of the dead”- Netflix .are y’all watching this tonight? what time is everybody watching? I’m starting at 9:30p (east coast time)
Unfortunately will be travelling for work so imma catch it on Sunday :francis:

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The pacing was weird as hell on this. There was one scene where dude was running for what felt like the whole episode
:laff:
I have to rewatch. I watched it in bits and pieces waiting for something better to get released. All I remember is the blasian military dude running around from room to room, I think they were in an abandoned hospital? I didn’t even know where they were running to or from.

Then they would sit there sharing life stories for a whole episode and I’m like, wait - weren’t y’all just running for your lives and trying to stay hidden.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I don’t even remember the main character’s names. The most I remember is Jamie (im just calling her Jamie bc she looks like a Jamie and I think her irl name is that) having a member of the military evacuation unit snatch up her daughter while Jamie gets left bc she didn’t get in the truck fast enough. I forget what happened to her husband. Her neighbors start getting infected .....
You know what let me just stop there. That could literally be the beginning of any zombie movie/series in the past 5 years and I could be confusing it with a different one. I think that I have it confused with that other series starring Lori from The Walking Dead - The Colony
:deadmanny:

Summarizing These zombies movies/series are like the time all of those disaster earth Volcano, meteor movies were released at the same time -
-Volcano
-Dante’s Peak
-Armageddon
-Deep Impact
:skip:

The actress is named Jaime King though.:mjlol:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
-From directors Roberto De Feo (The Nest) and Paolo Strippoli, a mysterious Italian horror film titled A Classic Horror Story has popped up this morning, teased by Netflixwith a first-look.

Think the Italian Midsommar meets Texas Chain Saw Massacre,” Netflix tweets.

In A Classic Horror Story, “Music for children, an abandoned house, five strangers: it looks like the classic horror movie and instead…”

A Classic Horror Story comes to Netflix July 14. Watch the first teaser trailer below, which promises brutal torture and some kind of twist on typical horror movie tropes and conventions.

You have our attention, Netflix”

MOVIES
‘A Classic Horror Story’: Netflix Says Upcoming Movie is ‘Midsommar’ Meets ‘Texas Chain Saw Massacre’ [Trailer]

:picard::picard:
I think that I have severely underrated Netflix- they were holding out on horror, for a reason. this might make up for all those garbage dubs they’ve been releasing

as follow up to my post. I also remember that @Jello Biafra has a disdain for Texas Chainsaw Massacre too. Jel’s two most hated movies. The odds that this happened - he put that energy out into the universe - all this needs is a Rob Zombie co-sign to complete the set.
:deadmanny::deadrose:
NeedyBigheartedBat-max-1mb.gif

2 for 1 payback
tenor.gif

the coincidence of a person’s two most disliked movies coming out at one time in the form of another movie - it’s about to get extra around here. I’ve been waiting 2 years for this level of payback - Jello remembers Halloween night of 2019.
tenor.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/classic-horror-story-teaser?amp

From [URL='https://www.syfy.com/tags/saw']Spiral: The Book of Saw
and the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre sequel to Scream, Candyman and the latest installment in the Wrong Turn movie verse, the trend of classic horror film revivals continues. According to Variety, the newest addition to the list, A Classic Horror Story, hails from Italy and will arrive on Netflix on July 14.

And much like in the vein of other classics in the genre, A Classic Horror Story follows the tale of five carpoolers in a motorhome travelling together. When night falls, they attempt to avoid a dead animal on the road, causing them to crash into a tree. But when they wake up, they find themselves stuck in the middle of nowhere, with the road they'd been traveling on having disappeared, leaving only a dense forest and a wooden house in the middle of a clearing, which just happens to belong to a cult with a fondness for children's music. (In this case, Sergio Endrigo's "La Casa.")
[/URL]