Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Last night I was watching UFC and then watched the ESPN boxing card I DVR'd after.
As for The Rental:
It was OK. Probably would've liked it better if the majority of the characters in it weren't so thoroughly unlikable.

Slasher horror allows for 1 total dikkhead character who you root for to die and the rest of the cast needs to be varying degrees of likable enough that their deaths upset the audience. They fukked up that simple formula.

I did like the killer dude though.
I was fine with him being this faceless maniac murdering his way through AirBnBs all over the country.
And the best thing about him was the deliberate workmanlike way he killed people. Dude was a machine.

:gucci::dwillhuh:
:deadmanny::deadmanny:

you’re right about the precision - he moved like he works out at a 24 hr fitness gym and studies ways to kill solely for the purpose of having constructive ways to kill people around the house or vacation spot. He knew the layouts, architecture, schedules, floor plans, the number of guests —- He doesn’t slumber around like Jason or Mike.... he runs.
:damn:

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
That uhh.. Saint Maud was something else, wasn't it..:patrice:

First time in a while that I actually felt a little gross watching a movie. The scenes at the bar and the subsequent encounters are jarring. I found the final act so disturbing and slightly over the top that I kind of didn't like the experience initially, but after letting it soak in, I gotta say I was a fan of how they portrayed mental illness and religion. The film is eeriely subdued throughout, which makes the traditional scares that much more upsetting.

I find Katie/Maud so interesting in that we learn and see her trauma and grief, yet the film doesn't try to sway the viewer into a singular narrative. Katie could've been fukked up her whole life; could've had an experience that triggered her illness; could've been due to her loneliness and alienation and etc.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:gucci::dwillhuh:
:deadmanny::deadmanny:

you’re right about the precision - he moved like he works out at a 24 hr fitness gym and studies ways to kill solely for the purpose of having constructive ways to kill people around the house or vacation spot. He knew the layouts, architecture, schedules, floor plans, the number of guests —- He doesn’t slumber around like Jason or Mike.... he runs.
:damn:
Yup. There was a brutal efficiency to how he went about his work that I liked.
I'd be interested in a sequel just to see if they could make a movie with potential victims that I actually give a damn about.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
watched these for President's Day

this one is mid- not bad but not good either, if you got about 1.5 hours to waste , try it .

and this one is if fukkery was made into a film

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
gonna catch these tomorrow - more president's day horror fukkery

edit: May try to work in Bubba Hotep if I have time

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Damn. A24 productions can you give me a minute to get comfortable on the couch before they start showing blood and dead bodies:dahell:?? Talking about “A24 presents......” and 2 secs later- spooky as hell. didnt even give me a chance to put down the remote before they present blood soaked hair and What I assume is a morgue with a body on the slab” Rewind.....I wasn’t ready
:damn::damn:
MV5BYzE3ZDg0OTktYjlhNC00ZmQ0LTk0YjktMDE1ZWE2YjIwMjk4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDA4NzMyOA@@._V1_UY1200_CR90,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

This is gonna be good - been waiting to watch this. happy v-day to me ....
tenor.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Damn. A24 productions can you give me a minute to get comfortable on the couch before they start showing blood and dead bodies:dahell:?? Talking about “A24 presents......” and 2 secs later- spooky as hell. didnt even give me a chance to put down the remote before they present blood soaked hair and What I assume is a morgue with a body on the slab” Rewind.....I wasn’t ready
:damn::damn:
MV5BYzE3ZDg0OTktYjlhNC00ZmQ0LTk0YjktMDE1ZWE2YjIwMjk4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDA4NzMyOA@@._V1_UY1200_CR90,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

This is gonna be good - been waiting to watch this. happy v-day to me ....
tenor.gif
My daughter comes up at the wrong time lol - never fails, just when I get situated with this movie, I could hear her toddling up the steps, breathing all hard and crunching on cookies - oh well “mommy, mommy, mommy “ -
:francis:
now she has Taken over my tv in my room and is forcing me to watch “my little pony and Jurassic park” cartoon on Netflix - I went from a horror psychological dread movie to happy giddy squeaky voiced mult-color ponies
:francis::mjcry:

guess I’ll be back to finish that St Maud watch after 9:30 when she’s finally asleep. She has a tv in her playroom, the living room - yupppp here she comes with the pillows and her blankey which means that she’s setting up for the long term.
Nicole’s Daughter - 44, Nicole -0
My son is so well behaved - it’s always the 2nd child
:stopitslime:

I copped a pair of snooze glasses and customized them to the color of my skin though so I can take a nap but still look like I’m watching
00b1abf4f6964efcced9a520a10136a0.jpg

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
anybody seen this ? :patrice:

71eZbq6rrKL._SX342_.jpg
A couple folks's thoughts on it in here:

I checked out Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark this weekend and really enjoyed it. I had the books as a kid and read them to death, so it would have been easy for the movie to lose me but I think they really showed love and understanding of the source material. The way they chained the stories together worked well and it managed to work as PG horror that older heads can still enjoy. That's mainly because the scares and creatures were effective. They did have a number of jump scares, some overdoing it, but it wasn't completely relient on those. The jump scares translated well for the teens in the movie theater, lots of screams and a couple of well placed ones even got people I was with jumping. The real tense moments though were when someone's cornered and a creature is approaching, which they did really well. By having the stories reveal themselves to characters, you got stuck in the dread of knowing what's supposed to unfold but no one being able to do much about it. I should add, the creatures were truly dangerous and the stakes are real, for a lot of PG horror...the stakes aren't high enough and main characters can be assumed to be safe. That takes away from the tension by the midway point to final act...but this movie had real stakes. You still had an idea of which characters would be safe, but the movie consistently put people in harm's way which built to the ones you cared most about being in situations where the threats actually sold themselves.

Anyway...I loved this ish. The books shaped my horror obsession and the movie did the short stories it covered justice (to the extent that I went and re-read a couple of the stories for fun because I still have my books).
I found it to be spectacularly underwhelming. Bummed me out too because I was pretty excited to see it.
Current watch: This is good so far, much better than IT2. Y’all slept on this movie in here but I’m engaged @storyteller finally watching this-
220px-Scary_Stories_to_Tell_in_the_Dark_film_logo.jpg