Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
@LaBellaNicole0416.NYC I need a horror fix:mjcry:

I watched all the series "Evil" on Netflix
shyt was fire

Put me on something else please
I’ve been so busy with work, my move and other stuff that I haven’t had any time to watch or look at any horror movie consistently. I still have stuff in boxes and it’s been like a month. :palm: Been watching a lot of straight up fail movies and dubs that I wouldn’t even recommend. Last movie I watched was “Alone” on Hulu. That was good - I think that would be your lane.

Basically the premise is some Ned Flanders looking rapist b*stard likes torturing and murdering women but this one was actually pretty well done. I know that sounds run of the mill cookie cutter horror script but it was suspenseful and has enough tension to set it apart from other films of this nature.

The Soul Collector - Shudder

Possessor (Hulu) - it was confusing imo. Mehh, it had a “minority report” type vibe. Mind control and murder. It was kind of all over the place.

I started getting interested in finish watching the series NOS4A2. Season 1. (Shudder)- summary no spoilers: is this sick twist of a vampire creature human hybrid lures and steals little kids from dysfunctional families takes them to his “ChristmasWorld” and feeds off their energy so he can retain his youthful blood sucking glow. Which in turns makes the kids morph into demons. Kids disappearing from a town, havoc ensues. Then there’s a magical bridge/portal so I assume there’s a connection between the town and the vampire demon. First 2 eps were good, I’m actually watching this right now while I work. (Well, was working) Had my attention enough to where I put my work aside so I can watch this ep 2.

Incarnate - Netflix (surprisingly not bad at all) demon possession

“Your Honor” on showtime- it’s not horror but it might as well be for all the immoral shyt that’s going on in that show.

As far as foreign horror (subtitles)
Monstrum - Shudder, it’s an Asian horror movie but it’s excellent. Not really a recent watch for me though.

Don’t Listen - Netflix (Spanish horror) movie is depressing and dark as hell

30 Coins (Spanish horror series) hbo Max

Let me think of what else I watched or have queued up and I’ll post that up. Like I said - it’s not much. I’ve been watching movies for the first time that other people have seen years ago like Mad Max- Fury Road and Mission Impossible - Fall Out, Terminator Salvation, I’m Late as hell
:francis::mjlol:
Being in lockdown status has shown for the past few years the amount of horror movies and content that I’ve been consuming that I wasn’t even checking for big budget popular action movies like that and due to lack of new horror movie options

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
I haven’t seen that movie yet. But Anything from A24 productions is going to be a psychological mental torture and moody atmospheric. They’ve been on that wave lately - Midsommar-esque type of time. And they did Uncut Gems, Hereditary. Not the type of movies where things end on a redeeming note.
:sadcam:
Yea the ending was pretty wild.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
His father is the show!

Dude is 4loko!!

:russ:
Michael Sheen is awesome in the show but I like the whole cast and dude who played Jesus on The Walking Dead really grew on me over the first season especially in his scenes with Sheen and Lou Diamond Philips.

I read that they originally cast the guy who played Iron Fist as the lead of this show but replaced him after the pilot was filmed. I really couldn't see him in this role at all. Dude is bland as an unsalted cracker.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Watched St. Maud last night. I liked it.
I enjoyed the exploration of a woman going through a psychotic break while playing up the ambiguity of whether it was all in her head or if there was really supernatural shyt happening to her.