Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Kinda new to this but looking into getting a Glock, probably the 19

Go to a range where you can rent different makes/models out to try before you buy. Go with the model that shoots the best for you. 4" which the 19 is, is about as short as you'll want to functionally go. Longer barrels have longer sight radiuses which make them easier to aim. Small discrepancies on a short radius translate to much bigger errors than they do the longer you go, hence why rifles are considered to be weapons of accuracy moreso than pistols. If it's going to be a range toy, don't be scared to go longer. Concealability wise, barrel length is also a smaller factor than overall width and the length of the grip.

Last edited:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Go to a range where you can rent different makes/models out to try before you buy. Go with the model that shoots the best for you. 4" which the 19 is, is about as short as you'll want to functionally go. Longer barrels have longer sight radiuses which make them easier to aim. Small discrepancies on a short radius translate to much bigger errors that they do the longer you go, hence why rifles are considered to be weapons of accuracy moreso than pistols. If it's going to be a range toy, don't be scared to go longer. Concealability wise, barrel length is also a smaller factor than overall width and the length of the grip.
@areohbee824 this is good advice. Ultimately you’re going to want something that feels good in YOUR hands.

You’re find noticeable difference in ergonomics between Glock, sig, and FN.

Also need to take into account your handedness.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
If you have a ksg get low recoil shells. Standard 3.5 12g is going to beat your mother fugging ass.

You gonna shoot 2 and be through

Last edited:

areohbee824

Superstar
Daps
Go to a range where you can rent different makes/models out to try before you buy. Go with the model that shoots the best for you. 4" which the 19 is, is about as short as you'll want to functionally go. Longer barrels have longer sight radiuses which make them easier to aim. Small discrepancies on a short radius translate to much bigger errors that they do the longer you go, hence why rifles are considered to be weapons of accuracy moreso than pistols. If it's going to be a range toy, don't be scared to go longer. Concealability wise, barrel length is also a smaller factor than overall width and the length of the grip.

@areohbee824 this is good advice. Ultimately you’re going to want something that feels good in YOUR hands.

You’re find noticeable difference in ergonomics between Glock, sig, and FN.

Also need to take into account your handedness.

For sure. I'm gonna hit up a range and try out some different ones before I make a purchase :salute:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
For sure. I'm gonna hit up a range and try out some different ones before I make a purchase :salute:

FWIW, I really like my Springfield Armory xd-45 compact. 9mm is a great round, but I'm a 45 type of guy myself. Don't really see the point of 40 cals these days with the way bullet technology has advanced. If I could do it over I probably would have went with the tactical model that has a 5" barrel with a shortened conceal-friendly grip instead though.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
I'm in CA, don't think I can get that one here unfortunately :francis:
the new meta this year's been single shot exemptions, it took off with the p320 but there's smiths making them for all sorts of oddball shyt like this: California Legal SSE PSA Rock 5.7 Pistol

caniks are popular enough where if ur dead set on one i think someone's gonna get around to doing it this year or next

otherwise your first choice is still allowed, it just has to be gen3

you really missed out with gen2 being recently removed from the roster... amchar's been blowing out thousands of copsurp examples for <$200, i would've sent one at cost to a coli breh stuck behind enemy lines

Last edited: