Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Has anyone in this thread every had to use there gun in self defense?

Nope, and I sure as hell don't daydream about it like a lot of people either. Gotta remember that the law is NEVER on your side. Every state has their own laws on self defense so make sure you know what you're getting into if you pull it on somebody.

• Dap
Reactions: JKT

Soon

Banned
Daps
They're for SHTF & fun. I shoot mine at the range just fine. They're not too big to carry either, maybe if you're walking around during a riot or something, but otherwise, no. Handguns are the most limiting firearm to have honestly. You get into a street fight with one vs somebody that has a rifle, you're through. Rifles can also accept better optics for quicker acquisition and even if they're only equipped with iron sights, they'll still be much more accurate due to the longer sight radius. Plus they can carry way more rounds.

Recoil is soft and I'm the most accurate with the AR-15. I don't even have to try to hit the target.

The AR-15 is something I would use if I'm homesteading folks in my drive way or have it in the trunk just in case I get into a tight squeeze. In those cases I rather have a rifle.

In close quarters, like in a house, it is the shotgun.

And you got these young folks doing home invasions for sport, its so sad what happened to Sean Taylor, but just know these young ones gonna stay on that b.s..

Nope, and I sure as hell don't daydream about it like a lot of people either. Gotta remember that the law is NEVER on your side. Every state has their own laws on self defense so make sure you know what you're getting into if you pull it on somebody.

Self-defense is self-defense. Its not "if I shoot this guy will I go to jail?"

If I truly feel I could die or be seriously injured, it won't matter to me if I eat a case.

If I'm alive the cost might be sitting through a trial with huge lawyer fees and financial disaster because I can't go to work.

I will do everything to avoid a conflict because I don't want problems, but I'm under no duty to preserve life. So the first punch I throw will be a 9mm JHP. I'm not fighting a complete stranger in this crazy world.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Self-defense is self-defense. Its not "if I shoot this guy will I go to jail?"

If I truly feel I could die or be seriously injured, it won't matter to me if I eat a case.

This is my point though. I agree that self defense is self defense but it has to be that you or someone in your vicinity is in a life or death or grave danger situation. If you're a big guy and small two dudes run up in your house unarmed, if you shoot one of them and you weren't necessarily in grave danger, there's a chance you may be charged. If you're fine being financially ruined because some little kid ran up in your shyt, more power to you though. Definitely shoot to kill though so that he can't tell his side of the story or sue you in civil court.

In close quarters, like in a house, it is the shotgun.

And you got these young folks doing home invasions for sport, its so sad what happened to Sean Taylor, but just know these young ones gonna stay on that b.s..

Shotguns are the best choice for most situations in general, but my house is small and there's been a couple incidents in my neighborhood where I've had to pull out my tools. I have a really small (900sq ft) home and my 18" shotty was too big for it. I fell back on my .45 and AR pistol instead. I've also cleared my backyard with my AR-22 with my .45 by my side.

Last edited:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I've also forgot to mention that anybody that owns a rifle should look into a marksmanship class called, Project Appleseed. IIRC, it's like $60 for a two-full day class. The instructors were really cool too. The weren't some rednecks like I was expecting. I went with a friend of mine who is black and we both had a really good time and learned a whole lot in the process.

You'll shoot about 500-600 rounds total, so if you have a .22 I would suggest bringing it to cut down on costs. I ended up using my AR-22 primarily and broke out my AR Pistol during the last couple hours of class just for fun.

Project Appleseed Home

Soon

Banned
Daps
This is my point though. I agree that self defense is self defense but it has to be that you or someone in your vicinity is in a life or death or grave danger situation. If you're a big guy and small two dudes run up in your house unarmed, if you shoot one of them and you weren't necessarily in grave danger, there's a chance you may be charged. If you're fine being financially ruined because some little kid ran up in your shyt, more power to you though.

Shotguns are the best choice for most situations in general, but my house is small and there's been a couple incidents in my neighborhood where I've had to pull out my tools. I have a really small (900sq ft) home and my 18" shotty was too big for it. I fell back on my .45 and AR pistol instead. I've also cleared my backyard with my AR-22 with my .45 by my side.

I will give an unarmed person EVERY chance to retreat.

But if they have a weapon or they wanna fight, then I will defend myself in every justifiable way possible. I might not let off in aisle 3 of Walmart, but there is zero chance I'm fighting an intruder or some tough guy.

I'm far from trigger happy, but I will not put myself in jeopardy cause I'm worried about a case.

Fox

Pro
Daps
Reppin
PHARAOH & THEM
UTS-15_1.jpg

Birthday Baby

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I've also forgot to mention that anybody that owns a rifle should look into a marksmanship class called, Project Appleseed. IIRC, it's like $60 for a two-full day class. The instructors were really cool too. The weren't some rednecks like I was expecting. I went with a friend of mine who is black and we both had a really good time and learned a whole lot in the process.

You'll shoot about 500-600 rounds total, so if you have a .22 I would suggest bringing it to cut down on costs. I ended up using my AR-22 primarily and broke out my AR Pistol during the last couple hours of class just for fun.

Project Appleseed Home

Good looking out on on this. I do a lot of indoor range practice but never any distance shooting.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Good looking out on on this. I do a lot of indoor range practice but never any distance shooting.

Seriously, go on the website and sign up for the next available one as they fill up kind of fast. Me and my friend both agreed that it was the best money that we had spent in a long time. I learned so much more in that two days then I ever have piecing together techniques and fundamentals from the internet.

Last edited:

RichieRich

Beg my pardon to Martin...
Daps
Reppin
Negroes with guns

Project Appleseed Home

I might as well buy a 22

Gonna try to make the one here on 29-30 AUG with my father in law

VA brehs where yall at :myman:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I might as well buy a 22

Gonna try to make the one here on 29-30 AUG with my father in law

VA brehs where yall at :myman:

Building a dedicated .22 is worth its weight in gold in many aspects. It's cheap as hell to shoot, teaches great fundamentals, is good for females and beginners to get started with, and is just loads of fun in general. It's probably my favorite rifle I own. I'm really happy with my CMMG upper. I got it from Exile Machine, which I believe still has the best price on them. Top it off with a Holosun red dot, some irons, or a cheap scope and you've got a gang of fun in a nice little package.

Sometimes Midway gets the 325rd packs of Federal Automatch in for $16. It's rare but I've been able to catch the deal a couple times. I buy the maximum of three boxes since they run out quick and its the best price you'll find anywhere nowadays.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I may have to. I was leaning more towards the Shield anyway then I saw that Nano and XD9 subcompact :banderas:

Thanks.

You really can't go wrong with any of these current sub compacts. I really would advise trying to shoot as many of them as possible before committing to one though. As always, if it's for self defense, make sure to get some good hollow points. Make sure whichever HP you settle on also cycles reliably by running a couple mags through your gun before trusting then with your life. In a subcompact pistol I would also suggest going with +P ammo to better ensure reliable expansion.