Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
You really can't go wrong with any of these current sub compacts. I really would advise trying to shoot as many of them as possible before committing to one though. As always, if it's for self defense, make sure to get some good hollow points. Make sure whichever HP you settle on also cycles reliably by running a couple mags through your gun before trusting then with your life. In a subcompact pistol I would also suggest going with +P ammo to better ensure reliable expansion.
Hornady Self Defense is pretty much all I use in my pistols. Sometimes Winchester...

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
My XD-45 Compact. Upgraded springs and sear, all internals polished, trigger guard reduction, trigger stop, grip tape, Insight X2 light

2015-08-02%2022.22.00_zpslv8rynyj.jpg

These magnets are dope for keeping your pieces stashed around the house.
psp-quick-draw-gun-magnet-38.png

Last edited:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
My wife will have a fit but I'll give the AR 22 a shot sometime next year. It'll pay for itself the more I shoot it so I'll try that angle :smugdraper:

All you really need is the upper if you already have an AR. An upper is a lot easier to stash somewhere than a fully built rifle..

Another nice thing about the AR 22 for us Cali folks is that they're not required to have bullet buttons.