Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Anybody have a single stack? I like the XDS, but been peeping the new Glock 43
glock-43-two-page-spread-gunup-the-magazine-1024x665.jpg

I mentioned this a couple pages ago. I'm probably gonna get it for the wife to carry. it's smaller/thinner/lighter than the subcompact G26 in the same caliber, but holds less rounds.

King Poetic

Fire Dave Roberts!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
for folks that have assault rifles that live in urban areas how does that work?

you can't shoot assault rifles at most ranges, and they are too big to carry on you for self defense.

what are ya'll doing with them?

Out in the desert on the west coast

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Anybody own a S&W Shield? I need to get something for my CHL. My glock 19 is a little too big to carry everyday.

I have been carrying the same size gun with a glock 23, but I'm probably gonna get a G27 for my concealed carry gun and get the G43 for my wife's conceal carry gun. I'll get hers first tho, cuz she can't carry my beretta 96.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
A nation founded by homicidal maniacs turned organized criminals built on the backs of black people that are still treated like dirt in 2015.

Why the fascination with guns. :mjlol: What kind of captain doesnt own a gun.... :usure: Even the Captain of a Carnival Cruise has a burner.

hell, even cap'n crunch has a musket.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Palmetto is the cheapest but their shipping department is the pits. Expect to possibly literally wait a few months for them to have it in the mail to you. I'm being dead serious. This is from first hand experience and hundreds of other experiences I've read online as well. I bought some ammo from them for dirt cheap knowing about their rep and it took over a month and a half for them to get it in the mail. If you're not concerned about getting your order quickly they're great however.

How much they charge for ffl transfers in your part of california; because the stores here in LA are charging 75 to 100 bucks.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I mentioned this a couple pages ago. I'm probably gonna get it for the wife to carry. it's smaller/thinner/lighter than the subcompact G26 in the same caliber, but holds less rounds.

Let her choose which one she feels most comfortable with. The G43 and the Shield are both excellent choices. Show her an XDS too if you can. I'm a Springfield fan but I'd probably take the other two over the XDS. However, it should come down to what your wife feels is the best fit for her. If possible, try and find a range that she can test them out at as well. Just because she likes the looks, she may be a better shot or feel more comfortable with one that she doesn't find as pretty. If she ends up with one she thinks is cute but finds out later on that she's uncomfortable shooting it, then you just wasted $600.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Let her choose which one she feels most comfortable with. The G43 and the Shield are both excellent choices. Show her an XDS too if you can. I'm a Springfield fan but I'd probably take the other two over the XDS. However, it should come down to what your wife feels is the best fit for her. If possible, try and find a range that she can test them out at as well. Just because she likes the looks, she may be a better shot or feel more comfortable with one that she doesn't find as pretty. If she ends up with one she thinks is cute but finds out later on that she's uncomfortable shooting it, then you just wasted $600.

naw, she has shot my G23 before, and I seen her shoot a G27 (both .40's) so I know she can handle that G43. but she was talkin about getting the G42, which is a .380, and I was like :whoa:

that G42 is basically identical to the G43 (and cost the same), so she might as G43 since it's chambered in 9mm instead.

she also shot a beretta px storm .40 in a subcompact and liked that one as well. I just think that G43 is pretty much dummy proof tho.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
How much they charge for ffl transfers in your part of california; because the stores here in LA are charging 75 to 100 bucks.

I got a dope one that charges $50. He runs it out of his house. $75-$100 is on the high side but definitely not unheard of. I'm kind of past going through FFL's now though. Probably pick up one more pistol for the wife someday and then I'm strictly about my 80% rifles after that.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I got a dope one that charges $50. He runs it out of his house. $75-$100 is on the high side but definitely not unheard of. I'm kind of past going through FFL's now though. Probably pick up one more pistol for the wife someday and then I'm strictly about my 80% rifles after that.

if you gotta pay the FFL fee and then wait for ur shyt to get shipped, you're really not getting much in terms of savings when you buy from spots like cheaperthandirt.com

I'd rather check into the stores regularly and hope to come up on something used in order to save that bread.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
if you gotta pay the FFL fee and then wait for ur shyt to get shipped, you're really not getting much in terms of savings when you buy from spots like cheaperthandirt.com

I'd rather check into the stores regularly and hope to come up on something used in order to save that bread.

Don't give your money to cheaperthandirt. Those guys are a bunch of price gouging scumbags. Stores usually charge more than $50 to FFL, out here at least. Cali ain't really got a lot of stores to choose from, so the prices are usually a bit higher also, so that negates any savings you'd get going through them vs online. Plus I like to support indy businesses when I can. I do have a couple local gun stores I fukk with though.

Bunchy Carter

Daps
Reppin
Don't give your money to cheaperthandirt. Those guys are a bunch of price gouging scumbags. Stores usually charge more than $50 to FFL, out here at least. Cali ain't really got a lot of stores to choose from, so the prices are usually a bit higher also, so that negates any savings you'd get going through them vs online. Plus I like to support indy businesses when I can. I do have a couple local gun stores I fukk with though.

I'm going to look around some more; but I found a shop about 30 miles from my place and they charge $45 for the transfer. I think I might check out some used rifles at my regular store; I really don't like buying used guns.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I'm going to look around some more; but I found a shop about 30 miles from my place and they charge $45 for the transfer. I think I might check out some used rifles at my regular store; I really don't like buying used guns.

Make sure to check the inside of the barrel and crown of the muzzle if you do. Avoid any gun that has rust or any questionable action to it. If you're looking at an AR, I would recommend to build it yourself. Buy a stripped lower, a parts kit, a bullet button and a fully assembled upper of your choice, and you're good to go. Not sure if you're on Calguns.net, but they're a great resource. I learned how to build lowers through youtube tutorials. I could help you if you run into any problems too.

RichieRich

Beg my pardon to Martin...
Daps
Reppin
Negroes with guns
Make sure to check the inside of the barrel and crown of the muzzle if you do. Avoid any gun that has rust or any questionable action to it. If you're looking at an AR, I would recommend to build it yourself. Buy a stripped lower, a parts kit, a bullet button and a fully assembled upper of your choice, and you're good to go. Not sure if you're on Calguns.net, but they're a great resource. I learned how to build lowers through youtube tutorials. I could help you if you run into any problems too.

Any suggestions for uppers?

I bought PSA AR-15 Complete Blem Lower Magpul MOE Edition - Black, No Magazine

and am considering http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/14183/s/psa-m4-premium-16-cmv-cl-upper-with-bcg-and-charging-handle/

edit: or mid length PSA 16" Mid-length 5.56 NATO 1:7 A2 Profile Upper - With BCG and Charging Handle - 27121

Last edited:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps

That looks like a killer combo. Great price for an assembled lower and the upper comes with a great barrel.

Uppers are a personal preference and driven by one's intended need or use for it. I would stay away from their their PTAC line and the ones labeled as Freedoms. The quality control on those two lines are somewhat questionable from what I've seen on the net. If I were to get an upper from Palmetto, I would personally make sure it comes with a FN manufactured barrel such as the one you're looking at.

Bunchy Carter

Daps
Reppin

I going to by an AK; but most of the stores in my area only carry Inter Ordnance and Century, and I have been hearing bad things about them. I been looking for a saiga AK; because I shot that a couple of time at this range I go to, but I have not see them in store, only on line.

I appreciate the help; I'm going to check out that Calguns.net website