Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes
i can see ammo prices being a problem for a while. there's been 7 million new shooters since march, even with a conservative estimate at 5 boxes per shooter for training/carrying/emergency supply that's 1.75 billion rounds more than normal demand. and that's just for common calibers, i think the situation with milsurp/boutique rounds which aren't made continuously is gonna be bad for a long time. never in my life did i think i'd see the supply of shyt like 303 british or 30-06 m1 run out. :damn:

rimfire calibers aren't reliable enough to carry and the g44 isn't a good pistol, something like a keltec p32 checks a lot of the same boxes but in a centerfire caliber
I been saying this for awhile now which is to stockpile ammo. The last stimulus check I bought hella ammo for the hell of it. As a back up I know resources that make custom ammo

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Like I said. It ain't for self defense. It's more for assassinations. If your going to shoot someone point blank in the heart, through the eye, temple, medulla oblong, throat, back of the neck on the spine.....go ahead. That's the caliber I'd recommend for that. Personally I wouldn't use a larger caliber for those shots. But those aren't self defense shots. Your ccw lawyer is gonna go :hubie:.

Otherwise you need extreme precision. Like I said before anytime you shoot at anyone with anything they are probably going to flee or want to. Imo if your going to shoot someone you want them to sit the fukk down, like can't run away due to gun shot wound or have a nice hole and be leakin.

In a self defense scenario you want 1-2 shots to stop or drop a suspect. Barring excited delirium 9,40 is gonna stop that and definitely your larger calibers.
A .22 has a larger chance of just making someone mad (adrenaline) and continue to be a threat vs stop or end a threat.

So what’s a good beginner pistol ?

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So what’s a good beginner pistol ?

Guns are like shoes.

People are generally partial to brands or styles.

Think of a Reebok classic vs an air force one vs a Jordan vs a Chuck Taylor vs Adidas stan Smith.

Different brands of course but also different styles. If you have high arches vs flat feet vs wide feet some of these shoes or styles of shoes won't work for you. I know that's not the answer you want but it's the truth.

As far as caliber some cats are fine with 380, some are fine with 9, some with 40. As a starter that's dependent on your wrist strength for the recoil/snap.

But then again there's your hand size. If you have large hands an m&p shield might be too small for you to comfortably hold. My boys pinky and ring fingers hand off the bytch cause it's small. Likewise if you have small hands some guns might be too big. There's accessories like magazine extenders and replaceable grips and back straps. You can pretty much find a gun that size wise will work for you regardless of brand.

The truth is you really have to get a gun in your hand and shoot it. I had a cz and it metal frame and too bulky for my hands. I couldn't really wrap my hand or hands around it appropriately and it didn't have east replacement grips and no back straps but I bought it anyway cause I was young and dumb and wanted to stunt. I ended up selling it.

You can learn to shoot regular calibers and overcome recoil/snap/ jerking/ anticipation and jumping but if the gun don't fit in your hands you end up overcompensating for something that's not a good fit.

I'm not a brand whore. Sig, glock, Springfield xds, ruger, fn, cz, walther, canik.....They are good brands but only if they fit you.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
So you telling me a glock 44 22lr can’t kill someone?

I’m not arguing just trying to see
check out these tests:
https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/pocket-pistol-caliber-gel-test-results/#22LR
https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/self-defense-ammo-ballistic-tests/#9mm
the best 22 ammo out of a carry gun averages 13.1" of penetration (you want 12-18"), .22" bullet diameter and hits with 70 foot-pounds of energy at close range, meanwhile the best 9mm ammo gets 18.3" of penetration, the bullet expands to .66" and hits with 376 ft-lbs of energy. if you click on the ammo's brand names you can see pics of the wounds they make, the results speak for themselves. brehs eat 9mm rounds like scooby snacks all the time, i wouldn't feel comfy with one that's more than 5x weaker.
Guns are like shoes. People are generally partial to brands or styles. Think of a Reebok classic vs an air force one vs a Jordan vs a Chuck Taylor vs Adidas stan Smith. Different brands of course but also different styles. If you have high arches vs flat feet vs wide feet some of these shoes or styles of shoes won't work for you. I know that's not the answer you want but it's the truth.

As far as caliber some cats are fine with 380, some are fine with 9, some with 40. As a starter that's dependent on your wrist strength for the recoil/snap. But then again there's your hand size. If you have large hands an m&p shield might be too small for you to comfortably hold. My boys pinky and ring fingers hand off the bytch cause it's small. Likewise if you have small hands some guns might be too big. There's accessories like magazine extenders and replaceable grips and back straps. You can pretty much find a gun that size wise will work for you regardless of brand. The truth is you really have to get a gun in your hand and shoot it. I had a cz and it metal frame and too bulky for my hands. I couldn't really wrap my hand or hands around it appropriately and it didn't have east replacement grips and no back straps but I bought it anyway cause I was young and dumb and wanted to stunt. I ended up selling it. You can learn to shoot regular calibers and overcome recoil/snap/ jerking/ anticipation and jumping but if the gun don't fit in your hands you end up overcompensating for something that's not a good fit.
^ this, you really gotta go to a store, try out some guns and see what's comfy. the breh wildin said he didn't like his cz cause his hands aren't big enough for them - well his hands are way bigger than mine and i love the cz-75 design so it's gonna be different for everybody. also most pistols these days come with two or three interchangeable backstraps, or like some sigs you can swap out the entire bottom half's plastic shell for one that fits better.

i'd go for a striker fired gun (like the glock you tried) instead of a hammer fired one since it's simpler for a beginner, you just pull the trigger and it goes bang, and there's no decocker/hammer and generally no safety to fukk around with. if you really have problems with the recoil of a 380, try out a 32. the problem is that 32 ammo's a lil harder to find and there's only a few guns still being made - the beretta tomcat (nice gun but it's outdated and heavy), seecamp, naa guardian and keltec p32. the link in my sig has some other recommendations, i think those are all 380/9mm.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
shyt y’all trippin 22lr is known to bounce around inside the body fukking up all types of internal organs n shyt.... but like homie said 22lr caliber is not known for reliability. A looooot of feeding issues with the ammo and mags. I recommend the Taurus tx22 over the Glock. I’m gonna get one for my daughter so she can practice with a close to full size gun but with little to no recoil as well as a pretty good trigger for a $250 gun

the glock sold out in my area guns.com want like 500

I found this Taurus tx22

https://store.blackwingsc.com/check...138.581885263.1609322016-808032084.1609322016

It’s available too only 300 probably going cop

Last edited:

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
check out these tests:
https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/pocket-pistol-caliber-gel-test-results/#22LR
https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/self-defense-ammo-ballistic-tests/#9mm
the best 22 ammo out of a carry gun averages 13.1" of penetration (you want 12-18"), .22" bullet diameter and hits with 70 foot-pounds of energy at close range, meanwhile the best 9mm ammo gets 18.3" of penetration, the bullet expands to .66" and hits with 376 ft-lbs of energy. if you click on the ammo's brand names you can see pics of the wounds they make, the results speak for themselves. brehs eat 9mm rounds like scooby snacks all the time, i wouldn't feel comfy with one that's more than 5x weaker.

^ this, you really gotta go to a store, try out some guns and see what's comfy. the breh wildin said he didn't like his cz cause his hands aren't big enough for them - well his hands are way bigger than mine and i love the cz-75 design so it's gonna be different for everybody. also most pistols these days come with two or three interchangeable backstraps, or like some sigs you can swap out the entire bottom half's plastic shell for one that fits better.

i'd go for a striker fired gun (like the glock you tried) instead of a hammer fired one since it's simpler for a beginner, you just pull the trigger and it goes bang, and there's no decocker/hammer and generally no safety to fukk around with. if you really have problems with the recoil of a 380, try out a 32. the problem is that 32 ammo's a lil harder to find and there's only a few guns still being made - the beretta tomcat (nice gun but it's outdated and heavy), seecamp, naa guardian and keltec p32. the link in my sig has some other recommendations, i think those are all 380/9mm.

I got small hands btw

I know you guys remember me posting this vid
With my daughter
:russ:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Going to the country tonight to test out my baby

CMMG MK4 5.56
mk4.jpg

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Going to the country tonight to test out my baby

CMMG MK4 5.56
mk4.jpg

Speaking of this, all you guys that haven't bought assault rifles yet, I would do so. I doubt Biden can do much legally with the Senate in GOP hands but people like to hype the fear and make certain guns/ammos scarce. I got mine right before the 2016 election in case people made a Hillary win and excuse to hoard shyt.

bigillwill06

All Star
Daps
just bought an hk45 thinking of making it my home defense night stand gun but the 10 rounds make it kind of sketchy. Wanted the usp 45 since it comes with 12 rounds but havent seen a usp45 in years. Might have to cop them stupid expevsive hk45 20 round extendos from hkparts....

Whore D'oeuvres

Still Trippin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Soufside
shyt y’all trippin 22lr is known to bounce around inside the body fukking up all types of internal organs n shyt

Why does everyone ALWAYS say this almost verbatim like the .22 is a next-level man-stopper :mjlol:

They can potentially do that but you can't depend on them to reliably do it every time like they're specifically designed for that purpose.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
just bought an hk45 thinking of making it my home defense night stand gun but the 10 rounds make it kind of sketchy. Wanted the usp 45 since it comes with 12 rounds but havent seen a usp45 in years. Might have to cop them stupid expevsive hk45 20 round extendos from hkparts....
if you end up flipping that hk45 check out police surplus drops/auctions for the usp. they're pretty common and have been going for 400-500 for the past few years. n don't buy shyt from hkparts, some of their parts kits are fugazi and the guy who owns it buys out manufacturers at retail just to resell for stupid prices. i also hate him cause he was dealing without an ffl so the atf seized hundreds of now rare p7 pistols from him and destroyed them. :pacspit:

Whore D'oeuvres

Still Trippin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Soufside
if you end up flipping that hk45 check out police surplus drops/auctions for the usp. they're pretty common and have been going for 400-500 for the past few years. n don't buy shyt from hkparts, some of their parts kits are fugazi and the guy who owns it buys out manufacturers at retail just to resell for stupid prices. i also hate him cause he was dealing without an ffl so the atf seized hundreds of now rare p7 pistols from him and destroyed them. :pacspit:
I'll never get my hands on a P7 now :mjcry: