Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

SolesKing305

@SobeSoles
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Im going to look through the thread for more answers, but i wanted to ask opinions on an AR pistol. Whats should i be looking for and what should i be avoiding?

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
Im going to look through the thread for more answers, but i wanted to ask opinions on an AR pistol. Whats should i be looking for and what should i be avoiding?
stocks and vertical foregrips are illegal but angled foregrips and hand stops aren't. avoid 5.56 barrels that are too short, the lowest i'd go is 10.5". lower than that, the round can't pick up enough speed which limits its effectiveness as anything but a range toy. even at 10.5" the effective range is minimal but at least it's got enough speed where your ammo will have good effect in that small range. .300 blackout kind of solves this problem but it's very expensive and one of the hardest kinds of ammo to find rn. short barrels also have a lot of concussion and muzzle flash, if you want your range toy to make fireballs this is cool but if you want a defensive gun it probably isn't. past that pretty much all pistols are the same, just avoid fly by night companies and you should be good.

DeuceZ

Li pitit gason
Daps
Reppin
3rd Rock From the Sun
I ended up going with the Viper on my p10c because it was the only optic that sits low enough that you don't need supressor sights. Make sure you go with the optic plate from CZ. A buddy of mine bought some other company's plate and it doesn't match slide shape or color.

e1OrmbQ_d.webp

Question when you put the optic do you leave the front sight as is? Been thinking about a optic for glock 19

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Question when you put the optic do you leave the front sight as is? Been thinking about a optic for glock 19
For the Glock, you would probably have to get suppressor height front and rear sights to get that 1/3 co-witness thru the optic.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I found a 12 guage Mossberg Shockwave for $499.00. If anyone happens to come across one new or used for a lower price, please DM me.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What bullets do you feel are best range bullets for M&P shield 9mm? Also, what bullets do you feel are best for self defense for M&P shield 9mm?

east

Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
What bullets do you feel are best range bullets for M&P shield 9mm? Also, what bullets do you feel are best for self defense for M&P shield 9mm?
for range ammo you can use whatever, i avoid the russian rounds with bimetal bullets cause it wears out the barrel faster but ultimately it doesn't really matter. the m&p is a well made gun, here's one that lasted over 60k rounds before starting to break pistol-training.com » M&P Endurance Test Ends

for defensive ammo most ppl go with federal hst, speer gold dot or hornady critical defense, this is the kind i use Tactical® HST® 9mm Luger (9x19mm Parabellum) +P try to cop the 50 round boxes of federal/speer, they're the same as the 20 round boxes but cost less cause they're supposed to be for cops only. there's some tests of defensive ammo here Handgun Self-Defense Ammunition - Ballistic Testing Data

Daps
Reppin
NULL
for range ammo you can use whatever, i avoid the russian rounds with bimetal bullets cause it wears out the barrel faster but ultimately it doesn't really matter. the m&p is a well made gun, here's one that lasted over 60k rounds before starting to break pistol-training.com » M&P Endurance Test Ends

for defensive ammo most ppl go with federal hst, speer gold dot or hornady critical defense, this is the kind i use Tactical® HST® 9mm Luger (9x19mm Parabellum) +P try to cop the 50 round boxes of federal/speer, they're the same as the 20 round boxes but cost less cause they're supposed to be for cops only. there's some tests of defensive ammo here Handgun Self-Defense Ammunition - Ballistic Testing Data
Cop from where breh? I looked all over the link you posted, but didn't see anywhere I could make a purchase.

east

Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
Cop from where breh? I looked all over the link you posted, but didn't see anywhere I could make a purchase.
ammo is very hard to find and expensive now, esp that kind, the cheapest i was able to find that was for $1.80/round, i can't rec that in good conscience. here's a couple other good options:

www.targetsportsusa.com/speer-gold-dot-law-enforcement-duty-9mm-luger-ammo-124-grain-jhp-53617-p-58577.aspx
www.bonefroggunclub.com/collections/ammunition/products/9mm-124gr-federal-premium-tactical-hst-jhp-p9hst1

but i think the best option would be to call local gun stores and ask if they carry gold dot/hst/critical defense/hydra-shok. if they say nah but we got other types i'd avoid it, a lot of ammo marked as defensive hollowpoints is actually fugazi.

BillyBamDontGiveADamn

Too old for the shenanigans
Daps
Reppin
Dont Mess Wit Texas

These kids have more heart than these old clown ass nikkas

You're either trained or untrained...these kids are trained in handling firearms but just like some cops/soldiers when put into life or death situations either they fall back on their training or forget all of it...fight or flight...cant teach that shyt