Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

dynamik

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Depending on what state you live in, there might be some limits to the different types of firearms you can get.

For a pistol that is compact and you can carry on yourself while out in the public and can also be use at home, the S&W M&P Shield (9mm) is a good gun, Glock 42 (.380mm) and the Glock 43 (9mm).

If you can afford 2 guns, buy the pistol and buy a rifle at the same time.

You should also check out Tig at My Sister's Keeper Defense she teaches self defense classes for women:

I have the M&P Shield, and I feel that its too bulky for concealed carry, so I carry my bodyguard.380 instead. But I’m going o give the .380 to the wife and cop either a Hellcat or P365

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yep I had a gun stolen from my car parked in front of my grandmother's house when I was in NOLA visiting years back...

Dude used my gun to rob a gas station and got himself killed :unimpressed:

My shyt is still with the police as "evidence" like 6 years later. Lost a springfield XDS 9mm :snoop:

I say....fukk that nikka, he's dead case closed....give me back my gun. But nah.....they need to "hold" it

If I didn't report it stolen apparently they would have tried to trace it back to me, and I would have had to prove I didnt give dude the gun.

Man fukk that, you need to go get your shyt back
tenor.gif
:troll:

LMAO

After my brother sent me the article saying dude died, I went back to NOLA and to the police department demanding they give me my shyt back....dude is dead, CASE CLOSED DETECTIVE!!

https://www.wdsu.com/article/armed-...r-in-new-orleans-east-dies-police-say/3378694

Nah, its now part of a homicide investigation and they will hold it until all pending investigations are closed. 6 years later....nothing

So in other words, the sargeant got a free Springfield.
:francis:

exactly or they donated it to the training academy

You're never getting it back.

Police departments melt the guns down.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England

destruction is illegal in a bunch of states, and having dated several cops' daughters in ny (where they're supposed to melt the shyts down) i'm convinced all of them just take them home for their own collection. i imagine it's even worse in places like cali/mass where only cops are allowed to own most modern pistols cause of their "safe handgun rosters" and end up flipping everything that isn't on the roster.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter

They really only melt down guns they do not want or are illegal, but they really keep them and sell them and make money.

Remember they gave back the gun that George Zimmerman's used to murder Travon Martin and then he sold it in a private auction.

I have a buddy that left the Sheriffs dept. out here and they sell back guns or keep them that they want. It's just like with Money and Drugs.

destruction is illegal in a bunch of states, and having dated several cops' daughters in ny (where they're supposed to melt the shyts down) i'm convinced all of them just take them home for their own collection. i imagine it's even worse in places like cali/mass where only cops are allowed to own most modern pistols cause of their "safe handgun rosters" and end up flipping everything that isn't on the roster.

Last year some cops in Gardena (It's south of LA), were caught selling illegal guns on instagram. Majority of the cops out here in LA are Latino/Hispanic and they sell them back to Latino gang members:

Gardena Police Officers Convicted of Illegal Gun Dealing, Selling Guns to Felons
LOCAL NEWS

by: Brian Day

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 / 06:03 PM PST / Updated: Nov 20, 2019 / 06:24 PM PST
gardena-od.jpg

A police SUV is seen outside the Gardena Police Department headquarters on March 26, 2018. (Credit: KTLA)

A jury convicted two longtime Gardena police officers of federal charges Wednesday for running an illegal online gun dealing operating in which they took advantage of their positions as law enforcement officers to obtain and sell dozens of guns generally not available to the public, including selling weapons to convicted felons, authorities said.

Carlos Miguel Fernandez, 44, of Norwalk, and Edward Yashushiro Arao, 49, of Eastvale, were each convicted of conspiracy to engage in in the business of dealing of firearms without a license, as well as substantive counts of engaging in an unlicensed firearms businesses, according to U.S. Department of Justice spokesman Ciaran McEvoy. In addition, Fenandez was also found guilty of another count of conspiracy, selling firearms to a convicted felon and making false statement about gun sales on federal licensing paperwork.

“The evidence presented at trial demonstrated how the defendants exploited their position as police officers to ensure the success of their illegal gun selling business,” McEvoy said in a written statement.

Fernandez would often purchase “off-roster” guns, which are not available for sale to the general public in California, but can be purchased by law enforcement officers. In particular, he purchased many Colt .38 caliber handguns “and sold dozens of these weapons through private-party transfers,” according to McEvoy. Fernandez advertised the weapons on the social media platform Instagram, using the screen name, “the38superman.”

Arao served as CEO of an organization called Ronin Tactical Group, which was a federal firearms licensee.

Arao would transfer “off-roster” guns from Ronin Tactical Group to himself, officials said. The guns were advertised for sale on Instagram, “then re-sold in his individual capacity,” McEvoy said.

Via: https://ktla.com/news/local-news/ga...f-illegal-gun-dealing-selling-guns-to-felons/

Basically nothing happened to the police officers and Edward Yashushiro Arao, he still runs his youtube channel and company, even thought he was committing a federal crime:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

They really only melt down guns they do not want or are illegal, but they really keep them and sell them and make money.

Remember they gave back the gun that George Zimmerman's used to murder Travon Martin and then he sold it in a private auction.

I have a buddy that left the Sheriffs dept. out here and they sell back guns or keep them that they want. It's just like with Money and Drugs.

Last year some cops in Gardena (It's south of LA), were caught selling illegal guns on instagram. Majority of the cops out here in LA are Latino/Hispanic and they sell them back to Latino gang members:

Gardena Police Officers Convicted of Illegal Gun Dealing, Selling Guns to Felons
LOCAL NEWS

gardena-od.jpg

A police SUV is seen outside the Gardena Police Department headquarters on March 26, 2018. (Credit: KTLA)

A jury convicted two longtime Gardena police officers of federal charges Wednesday for running an illegal online gun dealing operating in which they took advantage of their positions as law enforcement officers to obtain and sell dozens of guns generally not available to the public, including selling weapons to convicted felons, authorities said.

Carlos Miguel Fernandez, 44, of Norwalk, and Edward Yashushiro Arao, 49, of Eastvale, were each convicted of conspiracy to engage in in the business of dealing of firearms without a license, as well as substantive counts of engaging in an unlicensed firearms businesses, according to U.S. Department of Justice spokesman Ciaran McEvoy. In addition, Fenandez was also found guilty of another count of conspiracy, selling firearms to a convicted felon and making false statement about gun sales on federal licensing paperwork.

“The evidence presented at trial demonstrated how the defendants exploited their position as police officers to ensure the success of their illegal gun selling business,” McEvoy said in a written statement.

Fernandez would often purchase “off-roster” guns, which are not available for sale to the general public in California, but can be purchased by law enforcement officers. In particular, he purchased many Colt .38 caliber handguns “and sold dozens of these weapons through private-party transfers,” according to McEvoy. Fernandez advertised the weapons on the social media platform Instagram, using the screen name, “the38superman.”

Arao served as CEO of an organization called Ronin Tactical Group, which was a federal firearms licensee.

Arao would transfer “off-roster” guns from Ronin Tactical Group to himself, officials said. The guns were advertised for sale on Instagram, “then re-sold in his individual capacity,” McEvoy said.

Via: https://ktla.com/news/local-news/ga...f-illegal-gun-dealing-selling-guns-to-felons/

Basically nothing happened to the police officers and Edward Yashushiro Arao, he still runs his youtube channel and company, even thought he was committing a federal crime:

Of course some cops are going to do illegal shyt like steal them or sell them.

I'm friends (formerly co-workers) with a black cop (retired) who's had to personally break them down and incarcerate them.

Once the investigation is complete, they don't have a way to repurpose serial numbers. Therefore if they give people their guns back and they are used in another crime they can't tell the difference.

If you have your first and last name monogrammed on your gun and someone steals it and files off the serial number. You can't get it back.

There's no federal or national database for guns like there are for cars with license plates or vin numbers.

With my job (where I can run all that information [vins, licenses plates, id card's, drivers license, ssns, first and last names, addresses, phone numbers, etc) guns dont have anything that sticks to them.

I've ran my own gun serials numbers, only any serial number registers is if it's reported stolen. You can't see whether it's been used in a crime or who the owner is. And unlike vins which are all unique. Your handgun serial or shotgun serial could come back to a number of different manufactures and models. You might have a sig which has the same number as a glock or an 80's rifle of a different brand.

Princ3

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Atl

LOCAL NEWS

gardena-od.jpg

I get what you're saying. I want to point out though that Ronin Tactics Inc. and Ronin tactical group are two different companies.

The guy in the video is Tu Lam not Arao.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tu-lam-3588b131

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Bunchy Carter @east

There is another thing I forgot about which is apparently hard to do legally, even though the process is simple.

And that's disabling a gun so it can't be used, in which it is a "collectors item" and gets a new/different serial number.

Like John Wilkes boothes deringer, the one used to kill lincoln, it's in a museum but it's disabled. Meaning nobody could steal it, load it and use it too shoot someone else.

• Dap
Reactions: DLo
Daps

Thats kool but wheres the eye protection and no flip flops plz

Yep I had a gun stolen from my car parked in front of my grandmother's house when I was in NOLA visiting years back...

Dude used my gun to rob a gas station and got himself killed :unimpressed:

My shyt is still with the police as "evidence" like 6 years later. Lost a springfield XDS 9mm :snoop:

I say....fukk that nikka, he's dead case closed....give me back my gun. But nah.....they need to "hold" it

If I didn't report it stolen apparently they would have tried to trace it back to me, and I would have had to prove I didnt give dude the gun.

If you have time a copy of the 4473 and get a lawyer , you'll get your gun back

There's no federal or national database for guns like there are for cars with license plates or vin numbers.

There is no national database but the paperwork is still there

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thats kool but wheres the eye protection and no flip flops plz

My girl's younger brother got scope eye because he wasn't wearing eye protection and the stock went over his shoulder from the recoil and the scope got him....it was disgusting :damn:

I wear eye protection 24/7 now

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
My girl's younger brother got scope eye because he wasn't wearing eye protection and the stock went over his shoulder from the recoil and the scope got him....it was disgusting :damn:

I wear eye protection 24/7 now
Eye protection has nothing to do with what happened to your girls younger brother. Lol. He was gonna get beat up regardless.

fukked up whoever didnt teach him how to sboulder properly.

Daps
Just copped a Glock 19 gen 5 off of Sportmans Guide and used there 4pay option shyt breaks the cost down over 4 months. Every pawn and gun shop in my area are sold out of all 9mm guns. Half the internet shops are too. I got lucky with this one.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just copped a Glock 19 gen 5 off of Sportmans Guide and used there 4pay option shyt breaks the cost down over 4 months. Every pawn and gun shop in my area are sold out of all 9mm guns. Half the internet shops are too. I got lucky with this one.

You get a stock one? Or did you get one with glock night sights, Ameriglos or MOS?