Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Ganso

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
North of 60
Why use 3rds to stop someone with a 9mm when you can use 1 .45? Only person im my family with a 9mm is the wife other than that .45 and up and a .380 to mess around with.

Like Mr. Somebody said, shot placement. 9mm isn't weak. Same energy as a .45, both have more than enough penetration, 9's just got a bit smaller bullet. Think about it, where are you gonna get shot with a .45, where a 9mm wouldn't get the job done? Or the opposite, where are you going to shoot someone with a 9mm and fail to "stop" them, where a .45 would? The argument has been going ever since these two cartridges were invented, that's a good sign they are close in performance. I hear many agencies are going back to the 9mm from .40 as well. Although I still like .45 and like to think it has something of an advantage. But not as big an advantage as everyone makes out.

Fat Kevin

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Buffalo
Like Mr. Somebody said, shot placement. 9mm isn't weak. Same energy as a .45, both have more than enough penetration, 9's just got a bit smaller bullet. Think about it, where are you gonna get shot with a .45, where a 9mm wouldn't get the job done? Or the opposite, where are you going to shoot someone with a 9mm and fail to "stop" them, where a .45 would? The argument has been going ever since these two cartridges were invented, that's a good sign they are close in performance. I hear many agencies are going back to the 9mm from .40 as well. Although I still like .45 and like to think it has something of an advantage. But not as big an advantage as everyone makes out.
This. It's a myth that 9mm is any less effective than .40 or .45 these days, the round available today make up for it. 9MM is actually better in my opinion, lower cost of ammunition and higher magazine capacity.

Fat Kevin

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Buffalo
Not guaranteed to stop anyone friend and the 9's are great for fast and accurate shots. You cant just go BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH with a .45 or a .380. Plus with a 9 you get more bullets. You have to aim better with a .45 and in a panic situation that recoil could cause problems.
.380 is weaker than 9MM