Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
tell him to keep it up..this is a legit niche that more black men and women should hop on YouTube to do...whenever I research stuff on YouTube one of the things I look for is black people doing the review...and rarely do I see any when it comes to gun or ammo talk.
I find quite a few brehs and brehettes doing gun reviews but I'm looking for some military brehs dropping game and doing drills like Garand Thumb. Of course you come across a lot of :mjpls:in this space but game is game.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I find quite a few brehs and brehettes doing gun reviews but I'm looking for some military brehs dropping game and doing drills like Garand Thumb. Of course you come across a lot of :mjpls:in this space but game is game.

I’m comfortable with tactics problem is most of us all learned our tactics via the military of law enforcement. So it won’t really differ much...Usually some by the steps/numbers shyt that only worked until the first shot was fired or you had overwhelming fire power.

but it’s definitely a niche.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
tell him to keep it up..this is a legit niche that more black men and women should hop on YouTube to do...whenever I research stuff on YouTube one of the things I look for is black people doing the review...and rarely do I see any when it comes to gun or ammo talk.

My fault. I didn't mean I know him personally. I meant he's the homie as in he's good, he's trusted. I'm like you I search for knowledgeable black folks. I'll watch a white guy but not a lot.

No matter what videos I watch I like them concise, no extra talking, no personal or political views, no side chatter no jokes. A majority of the times I watch videos on mute cause I just want to watch disassembly/reassembly. Or watch someone do a build.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
How are y’all about magazines? I keep all my mags fully loaded at all times, but I’m hearing that can kill the springs inside the magazine so I’m been debating on whether I should keep them loaded. I just know if someone kicks in my door, I won’t be able to load my mags up quick enough
You good. I stick to OEM mags for all my pistols, pmags for my ARs. Def keep at least 2 loaded for each type of weapon for home defense.

i dont keep every mag loaded(wouldnt do it with training fmj) but if i got a box of hornaday hollows they goin in a mag, not in a box:ufdup:
I'm sad about the widespread move towards polymer guns.

Beretta and Sig's new designs are pretty ugly. And both in the past made some of the best looking designs.
why? Polymer the wave. Unless you live in a furnace that plastic will take a beating and wont break, shyts lighter for concealed, and makes shyt more affordable.

Beretta still supportin metal. They dropped the 92x series last year:ehh:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Going to get my concealed carry permit when the world opens back up. Mainly something for home safety.

Is a glock 19 the standard out here?
You gonna be fine with the g19

I carry a g43 usually. But a g19 is good to go. Unless you cravin a manual safety then you got a good choice. Get the right holster for it:ufdup:

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
You gonna be fine with the g19

I carry a g43 usually. But a g19 is good to go. Unless you cravin a manual safety then you got a good choice. Get the right holster for it:ufdup:
Thanks Breh. I’m getting to the point where I can hopefully buy a house soon, family, etc. Wanted something simple for home protection.

Not trying to be out here with extended clips And beams:flabbynsick:

I’ve been to the range a couple times but tbh don’t feel too comfortable with it. I’m gonna have to get some rounds off and get comfortable

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Thanks Breh. I’m getting to the point where I can hopefully buy a house soon, family, etc. Wanted something simple for home protection.

Not trying to be out here with extended clips And beams:flabbynsick:

I’ve been to the range a couple times but tbh don’t feel too comfortable with it. I’m gonna have to get some rounds off and get comfortable
Im young too(27) and a homeowner. Best thing you can do is get range time. fukk all that buyin 50 guns shyt. Pick a system and get comfortable with it. I got my preferences but i truly believe the best thing you can do is pick a platform and stick with it. Remember, range time and practice will keep you and everybody else safe. Its better to get one gun and shoot 20,000 rounds than get 5 guns and shoot 1000 rounds. I live with my girl and live that quiet Larry Holmes life so i get what you goin through.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps

Grand thumb is "industry" now. He's like Colin Noir they kind of push products. Not sure how he's allowed to say the shyt he says like "boogalou" and making pro 2A political videos while being a SERE Instructor in the Air Force and an LT. But he says "This is my duty set up" and a couple weeks later he says "this is my duty set up".

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
My fault. I didn't mean I know him personally. I meant he's the homie as in he's good, he's trusted. I'm like you I search for knowledgeable black folks. I'll watch a white guy but not a lot.

No matter what videos I watch I like them concise, no extra talking, no personal or political views, no side chatter no jokes. A majority of the times I watch videos on mute cause I just want to watch disassembly/reassembly. Or watch someone do a build.

I could post some decent Black instructors that aren't "industry" and a few that are. To keep it a buck you don't technically 'need" tactical training, There's plenty of free information on the internet as it is. Nothing beats actual range time and most people don't have the money or time to get really good. That being said take any class and have good range time and you'd be "better" than most cops and Soldiers.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I could post some decent Black instructors that aren't "industry" and a few that are. To keep it a buck you don't technically 'need" tactical training, There's plenty of free information on the internet as it is. Nothing beats actual range time and most people don't have the money or time to get really good. That being said take any class and have good range time and you'd be "better" than most cops and Soldiers.

It takes a while to become a good shot. Police officers and soldiers don't shoot every day or every month. Plenty of them go their entire career never using a service weapon. Unless its your hobby you aren't getting really good. You have to continually shoot. A lot of people buy guns and never shoot them. Never hunt, never go to the range or target shooting. Some buy and shoot once at the range or during class. Some go a couple times a year but that isn't enough to stay sharp.

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Grand thumb is "industry" now. He's like Colin Noir they kind of push products. Not sure how he's allowed to say the shyt he says like "boogalou" and making pro 2A political videos while being a SERE Instructor in the Air Force and an LT. But he says "This is my duty set up" and a couple weeks later he says "this is my duty set up".
Eat the meat:dame:, spit out the bones. I can't listen to Colin's 2nd amendment rants and NRA :cape: