Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Any websites you know of? I saw some brownells site, not sure which other ones were good.

Go to a range that has rentals and try a variety. Buy the one you feel comfortable and shoot best with. I'd do it sooner than later in case a nationwide stay in shelter order gets placed and businesses have to shut down.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Any websites you know of? I saw some brownells site, not sure which other ones were good.

You have any reputable pawn shops near you?

My favorite thing about pandemics and election years is gun sales. Motherfukkers go out and buy new, then the hype dies down and they sell.

A majority of my guns I've bought previously owned/new in box and from pawn shops.

I've only bought a couple used used, like used in good condition. Then the rest I've bought new from stores and sites.

Its way better to search and find locally new in box. You make a killing on the sales.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I just put in my application to get a foid card. Undecided between Sig P227 and CZ97

What y'all think about those?

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
The both .45 and hold 10+1 rounds. I think the Sig has extended mags on the market that hold 13

Will be using either for home defense and carry

You most likely won't need more than 10rds for self defense whether at home or out in public. Just keep an extra mag with you if you're that concerned

9mm kills the body, but .45 kills the soul :demonic:

Good choice

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
You most likely won't need more than 10rds for self defense whether at home or out in public. Just keep an extra mag with you if you're that concerned

9mm kills the body, but .45 kills the soul :demonic:

Good choice

Man the .45 gets the job done. I hate when gun people always talk about how the .45 is a slow round.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Man the .45 gets the job done. I hate when gun people always talk about how the .45 is a slow round.

Getting hit by a golfball @ 80mph :hula: a freight train @ 10mph? Physics dictate that larger objects need less force to hit just as hard, if not harder.

9mm is still a good round with the proper ammo, but outside of capacity and price, .45 wins in the more important departments for me. Mainly that it shoots subsonic rather than super since mine is for home defense. Plus it kicks nice and flat in a subcompact where with smaller rounds you'd need +P ammo to get the proper ballistics to be effective.

Last edited:

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I been looking to get something but not finding the one I want. Would like a Glock 17 or even a 19 but not finding it anywhere. You guys got any recommendations and price range? Some places I've seen got them sold out but looks like around $500 to 600 for those type and similar.

:mjlol:

Can't imagine the cost of bullets.

If you are looking up get a Glock for cheap you can buy a .40 police trade in and convert it to 9mm

Glock OEM Pre-Owned Glock 22, Gen. 3, .40 S&W

Then add a conversion barrel

Lone Wolf Distributors | LWD Barrel M/22&31 Conversion to 9mm Stock Length | Length 4.49 inch, 114 mm

I have this setup in my G23 and it works well. No issues

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
They are both good guns. I like metal frame pistols, I was going to get a P220, but I ended up getting an AR-10 lol.

Whats the best website to buy guns? They don't make the Sig P227 anymore so I'd have to buy it online

On a side note I wish I could find a black owned gun range. None out here in Illinois

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Getting hit by a golfball @ 80mph :hula: a freight train @ 10mph? Physics dictate that larger objects need less force to hit just as hard, if not harder.

9mm is still a good round with the proper ammo, but outside of capacity and price, .45 wins in the more important departments for me. Mainly that it shoots subsonic rather than super since mine is for home defense. Plus it kicks nice and flat in a subcompact where with smaller rounds you'd need +P ammo to get the proper ballistics to be effective.

.45 is all I shoot

I hit the range weekly and I like to think I'm a pretty good shot at this point. But I've never shot someone or even pulled my gun on someone. So I know when the time comes to defend myself nerves will kick in and trigger pull will have me shooting all over the place.

So I need a round that has good stopping power no matter where I hit someone. You just can't beat .45 acp in that category.

Plus I find the kick in my 1911s to be so much more manageable than handguns chambered in 9mm.

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
.45 is all I shoot

I hit the range weekly and I like to think I'm a pretty good shot at this point. But I've never shot someone or even pulled my gun on someone. So I know when the time comes to defend myself nerves will kick in and trigger pull will have me shooting all over the place.

So I need a round that has good stopping power no matter where I hit someone. You just can't beat .45 acp in that category.

Plus I find the kick in my 1911s to be so much more manageable than handguns chambered in 9mm.

I prefer. 45 myself but like you I practice with it ....

Shot placement is all that really matters. That comes down to control and the most important rounds in self defense are your 2nd and 3rd....can you control a 45 vs your 9mm with your follow up rounds? My wife and daughter can't use .45 at all when we practice for follow up shots.