Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Got my tax return and bought a few things.
- Ammo
- New holster for my Glock w/ a weapon light.

Some wants.
- Training
- AR Weapon Light
- Flat faced trigger for my Glock

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I saw the Sig Sauer MPX Copperhead and it looked awesome. Then, I looked at the price. No way José. $1,600 for what is basically a 9mm semi-auto pistol on a sub-machine gun frame.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I might go to an outdoor show this weekend since there's not really much to do here:manny:

I'm mainly going to look for ammo and maybe a fishing rod. Is there a benefit to having a NRA membership? I can get in free if I get one and its only $20 more.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
Is there a benefit to having a NRA membership? I can get in free if I get one and its only $20 more.

not really, they have a discount on hotels and car rentals but i can get better ones through my credit card. and a lot of fishing/shooting clubs require an nra membership. also you'll get their junk mail for the rest of your life lol.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just ordered a flat faced trigger. Should get it this weekend hopefully.

Al Simmons

All Star
Supporter
Daps
How is the Taurus?
It’s good. Especially for the price you can find it at (anywhere between $200-$250). I’ve put about 1000 rounds thru it and I’ve had no issues at all. I also clean my shyts right after the range too so. It’s my edc.

Mac Brown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-town
image591743-4b9427af9de4fc1bbc6b1ea0faaf463f.jpg

drugxglory

Street Struck
Daps
Reppin
CALiFORNiA
Any tips on getting your CCW? As far as what to put on the application why you need it, Im planning on getting one this yr.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Any tips on getting your CCW? As far as what to put on the application why you need it, Im planning on getting one this yr.

Look up your state on Concealed Carry - Resources, Maps, Forums, Articles - USA Carry

It varies by state and even by county usually. In general, you probably need to go to a county office or local sheriff to hand in your application and payment in person, not by mail. You usually need two forms of government ID and the names of several personal character references that are not immediate family members. Some states fingerprint you, some don't. Some places like NYC have their own gun laws even more strict than most of the rest of the state at large.

If your state has a "shall issue" time period (in PA it is 45 days I think), they have to approve/reject your app in that time or you automatically get a permit. In non "shall issue" states like NY your ass can be waiting months or even 1 year+ to get a CCW approved unless you know someone like the county sheriff or judge who can help expedite it. NY state is notorious (like Cali) for having strict state gun laws and laws varying by county above that. For example, many NY counties require your personal references live in that county and have known you for 2+ years. So if you just moved there unless you knew somebody you have to basically wait 2 years.

One you get a CCW know the law and know there are some places you cannot take it. Every year some idiot takes a concealed gun to the AIRPORT SECURITY LINE. Though technically you are in a grey area with a concealed weapon in the airport terminal outside of security (I sure as hell would not) you are arrested if you try to take a loaded gun through security. You can typically have a concealed gun in the car at the airport if you are doing drop off/picking up or even if you leave it concealed in the car in the parking lot. Also public offices, schools, and even certain businesses can make you leave your gun outside.

Also if you want to carry on your person, buy a real holster. Only keep a gun in your pocket or jacket if you don't mind losing body parts.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What's a flat face trigger

It's a trigger that is flat instead of curved. It helps with grouping and repeat shots because its easier to keep your trigger finger position on a flat piece of plastic/aluminum instead of something curved. At least that's the theory.

Anyone on here have a Daniel defense AR?

I've shot them and they are good ARs. Can't go wrong with them.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
It's a trigger that is flat instead of curved. It helps with grouping and repeat shots because its easier to keep your trigger finger position on a flat piece of plastic/aluminum instead of something curved. At least that's the theory.

I've shot them and they are good ARs. Can't go wrong with them.
Man that price though for them AR rifles :patrice: