Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Tax return came and that means I'm gonna have to get some new gun supplies...

Right now I'm debating if I want to replace my weapon light. The Streamlight TLR-7 is a great conceal carry and home defense light but I feel that the controls are OK. There could be more improvements to them.

I may get a new holster for my Glock with a mounted light.

Perhaps a safe but I don't *need* one right now.

And of course a new gun is always night :shaq: but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Last edited:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I have a question for gun enthusiasts. What is the appeal in gun ownership and shooting for sport? Is it like how guys have hobbies for video games and shyt?

I wasn't raised around gun enthusiasts. I got to fukking with them as a teenager when I got into dealing and gang banging. I helped make some illegal gun deals, taught myself to shoot via street beef, etc...

I'm absolutely anti-gun now. I have two daughters, I'm removed from the worst parts of my past, and I abhor how easy it is to get guns and the tragedies across America via gun violence. I have a little PTSD and I prefer to hold something because of that, but I'm moving to outgrow my "need" to have one. I'm a multiple time felon, never been to a range, nothing like that. America has exponentially more gun violence than any other civilized nation. These things in concert have changed how I view gun ownership, because I feel that if I wasn't introduced to them in a criminal matter, I would have never found them appealing. ..

So I guess it boils down to, I understand if you were introduced to them via criminal behavior, kinda comes with the lifestyle. Otherwise, what is the appeal of being around guns and shooting for sport?

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I have a question for gun enthusiasts. What is the appeal in gun ownership and shooting for sport? Is it like how guys have hobbies for video games and shyt?

I wasn't raised around gun enthusiasts. I got to fukking with them as a teenager when I got into dealing and gang banging. I helped make some illegal gun deals, taught myself to shoot via street beef, etc...

I'm absolutely anti-gun now. I have two daughters, I'm removed from the worst parts of my past, and I abhor how easy it is to get guns and the tragedies across America via gun violence. I have a little PTSD and I prefer to hold something because of that, but I'm moving to outgrow my "need" to have one. I'm a multiple time felon, never been to a range, nothing like that. America has exponentially more gun violence than any other civilized nation. These things in concert have changed how I view gun ownership, because I feel that if I wasn't introduced to them in a criminal matter, I would have never found them appealing. ..

So I guess it boils down to, I understand if you were introduced to them via criminal behavior, kinda comes with the lifestyle. Otherwise, what is the appeal of being around guns and shooting for sport?

The appeal to me is a few things:

- Marksmanship. There's something incredible about being able to shoot a target 15, 25, 50 feet away and hitting it where you want. What's more amazing is being able to shoot your consecutive shots within 1mm apart from that! IMO it's a cool skill to learn even if you're not a gun guy.
- Design and engineering of guns. Understanding what it takes for a firearm to shoot a piece of metal hundreds of feet away is pretty cool to me. Going from Austrian, German, American, Israelli style firearms ranging from handguns, shotguns, and carbine weapons and how each are designed and work is really cool to me.
- Customization. With my Glock I can change almost everything from the barrel, grip, functionality, etc. on it and make it my gun.
- Community. With any hobby there is a community. When I came into it I thought it'd just be a bunch of rednecks. It's actually a cool group of people you learn from and is becoming more diverse.

This all coming from a guy that used to be scared of guns.

blaccbeard

Superstar
Daps

I've always hated guns with a passion, i still do actually. But i finally decided to get one after constantly reading about all these random mass shootings. Especially the one with the white man randomly killing 2 black people at the grocery store just cause they were black. Now i feel it's better to have a gun and never need it, then to need it and not have it. I def do not enjoy shooting my gun though, i've had it for a little while now and i've only shot 2 magazines at a practice range. I don't even want the gun for myself tbh, but i couldn't live with myself if i couldn't save someone i love cause i was helpless to a bad guy with a gun. Like i said i hope i never have to pull/shoot my gun in a life or death situation ever.

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps

It's more of a self defense thing with me.

You stayed strapped during yo life of crime.
The white boys losing they minds shooting random folks.
The old white guys be having 27 guns and anti tank rifles and shyt.

What I look like outchea where everybody got guns and I'm just here with my hands with some hopes and prayers and shyt.

So I got my gun game up and stay ready so I ain't gotta get ready.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

If you're black, there is somewhat of a social responsibility to owning a gun if you can. Even if you decide to register one and bury it in the back yard and never use it. Think of it as one in and one out. For every black felon or criminal in possession of a firearm, I believe we should have one valid legal owner. The numbers are skewed against us. To be straight, they don't want us to have firearms in any capacity. As far as all Americans having the right to bare arms they'd be completely comfortable if we were excluded.

So when blacks have high gun crimes and the majority of us are non owners and the one's committing the crimes can't legally own anyway, when people bytch and complain about gun rights being taken away and various restricting legislation we should be the first ones concerned. Just like with black identity extremists they'll try to pass or enact sneaky orders that will label and restrict black people but the NRA and shyt aren't going to stand up and shout at the top of their lungs to defend us even though there are black members.

If we don't take advantages of our rights we will lose them, plain and simple. And if our representative numbers are low they'll say that it's of little harm because we don't utilize them and the negative factors outweigh the positive.

On a very small scale as far as practice and being a hobby, i also believe if you display appropriate images of responsible ownership it may negate images of inappropriate usage. The majority of white people have never been robbed at gunpoint or shot at in a drive by or know someone who has, but they easily see pictures if black criminals holding guns on TV and the Internet. They actually have no firsthand experience whether positive or negative seeing black people with firearms. So in my opinion when I go to the range or take classes, join shooting leagues, I often see timid white people they look at me like :lupe: and :beli: since I'm not some nikka nerd who kisses ass to white people they get to see a responsible gun owner. Whether they see me as black first or responsible gun owners first I don't know but they definitely see both. I don't expect them to trust me and we don't become friends but if we get to talking we generally find common ground (in firearms) and that's something they take with them. Therefore the first time they see s black man with a holster on his hip, in public they don't automatically go :merchant: and call 911 or draw their firearm.

As far as the hobbyist Im a strong advocate of state and national parks. A lot of black people fish, some hunt. I do both, it's great to do with kids, it's a bonding experience and even if you don't catch any fish or even fire the weapon just the experience alone is something you cant buy.

Black people are either strong advocates of firearms or completely against them. There's very few that are :manny:. I knew plenty of white people in high school and college that were just :manny: wasn't really concerned one way or another. As far as black people they were either :salute: or:whoa: about guns. Even if weve had negative experiences with firearms our reflex is avoidance. We think if we move away, never own and stay as far away from firearms as we can that we just won't be affected by them. I think that's human. I can't imagine too many survivors of the parkland shooting, Aurora shooting, Vegas shooting etc clamoring to get their hands on one or be near firearms, yet I feel black people are already in a deficit.

Even if you choose not to own, choose to educate your children. There are childrens and family firearm safety courses that you can take your kids to and you go too. Much better than "hey son, never touch a gun .Stay away! You can get hurt or killed!" You don't want your kids first experience with firearms to be negative.

Some people are truly defenseless. They've never been in a fight or only been in a minor scuffle and they've never received education or took training therefore they don't know how to properly punch or properly block a punch. They aren't trained in how to use a knife, aren't trained in how to defend against a knife, and the same with firearms. Because of this a lot of people become victims. It's not their fault but a little knowledge and prep can go a long way.

I doubt I'll ever have to draw my weapon just like I doubt I'll ever have to square up with someone. In the case that I have to I know what to do. Not a guaranteed victory but it increases my chances.

I lived in the hood and the burbs, back to the hood back to the burbs, back to the hood and back to the burbs (in that order too). In the places where I should've felt the most safe (in the burbs) I should've been better armed or prepared. Now that I am I feel like I can live anywhere and whatever happens is going to happen.

Guns are like wild animals or scary dogs, or cats. If you have a negative experience with them you get scared and people just want to :whoa: and attempt to spend their life avoiding them. Through somewhat of exposure therapy I've resolved my own fears and even others. I've taken a few of my :whoa: boys to the range, sat them down in my living room and showed them the ins an outs of firearms and while they weren't :salute: for guns at the end of it they now have a better understanding. Especially when they previously only had negative experience or no experience.

Last edited:

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
@Stormbreaker summed up most of what i get out of it, down to the part about hating guns, i was born in a country that doesn't have any civil rights and hatred of firearms is drilled into you since birth. one more reason i wanna add is because gun ownership has always been the first of our civil rights that has been attacked, because once eradicated, other civil rights are taken away. not just blacks, italian and irish immigrants have also been targets, then catholics, now hispanic immigrants... not to mention overseas, where many democides that occurred immediately after mass disarmament. shyt, even america committed democide against the indigenous peoples after disarming them. an armed populace can't be oppressed.

The Racist Origin of Gun Control Laws
The Racist Roots of Gun Control
African-Americans Have a Long History of Championing Gun Rights

also recommend a book called "negroes with guns" by robert f. williams and mlk jr. if you're interested in the topic.

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Tax return came and that means I'm gonna have to get some new gun supplies...

Right now I'm debating if I want to replace my weapon light. The Streamlight TLR-7 is a great conceal carry and home defense light but I feel that the controls are OK. There could be more improvements to them.

I may get a new holster for my Glock with a mounted light.

Perhaps a safe but I don't *need* one right now.

And of course a new gun is always night :shaq: but I'm getting ahead of myself.
Buy guns when you're capable of summoning the bifrost brehs. :what:

in seriousiness though, i always wanted to get a pump action shotgun for home defense. a mossberg or something.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Buy guns when you're capable of summoning the bifrost brehs. :what:

in seriousiness though, i always wanted to get a pump action shotgun for home defense. a mossberg or something.
:russ:

Those are dope. I'd probably have a tactical setup for a shotty. Unfortunately there's not many spots I can shoot shotguns so I'd rather just buy upgrades for my guns I have now or buy another gun.

Training and ammo is what I need mostly tho.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Didn't know Vickers started making these...

FcT4Jvh.jpg

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I played with a Surefire X300 Ultra and realized how rigid the controls are although they are good. The Streamlight TLR-1 had better controls but is ugly.

I'm just gonna keep my TLR-7 despite some of it's flaws.