Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

j.smooth4

All Star
Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
Why would you want two different barrels rather than two different guns? IMO worse case scenario your back door gets kicked in, you grab the glock and grab a mag, and you grab the .40 when you have the .9mm barrel in.

Unlikely to happen but I keep a gun and extra mags in a particular area of the crib for quick access. In my old crib I'd toss my .40 and my 9 in the same top drawer they are completely different brands but if I had a glock with differently mags I can see mixing them up accidently. Unless your meticulous .

Well my my glock 19 is my bedside gun for now. Imo you should always have your bedside/shtf/home defense gun good to go.

The thing is the used very good condition glock 22s are going for 299 right now. The police and feds are dumping 40 for 9mm. Those conversion barrels are 90-100 bucks so you essentially are getting a $450 glock 22 and a $450 glock 17 ($900 total) for 400 dollars lol. :lolbron::lolbron::lolbron::lolbron::lolbron:

I feel like a thief for doing that lol.

The conversion shoot flawlessly too. Oh and if you want to shoot .357 mag you can buy a barrel for that too so you have a three in one lol.

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Why would you want two different barrels rather than two different guns? IMO worse case scenario your back door gets kicked in, you grab the glock and grab a mag, and you grab the .40 when you have the .9mm barrel in.

Unlikely to happen but I keep a gun and extra mags in a particular area of the crib for quick access. In my old crib I'd toss my .40 and my 9 in the same top drawer they are completely different brands but if I had a glock with differently mags I can see mixing them up accidently. Unless your meticulous .

My boy had a conversion since the barrels were not 100% the same length he got about 900-1100 shots before his gun was damaged. It happened at the range .his was a 9 though and he copped a .40 barrel which some people online swears is fine, if you have the .40 it's a lot easier to swap to the 9

See I don't think you can go 9mm to .40. It doesn't sound like he had a conversion barrel either. You can't just put a G19 9mm barrel in a G23 .40 gun.

I hear what you are saying about getting the mags mixed up. I leave my Glock as a 9mm most of the time. I don't like the way it shoots as a 40. I should just sell it and buy a G19 but I carry a M&P Shield so it is mostly a range gun.

j.smooth4

All Star
Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
My boy had a conversion since the barrels were not 100% the same length he got about 900-1100 shots before his gun was damaged. It happened at the range .his was a 9 though and he copped a .40 barrel which some people online swears is fine, if you have the .40 it's a lot easier to swap to the 9

Yeah I'd never convert from a weaker caliber gun to a stronger caliber gun. A 9mm barrel, gun, recoil springs and all the rest of the components are meant for the lower pressures and power of the 9mm not a 40mm.

The whole reason I bought the 40mm is that it was soo cheap at 299.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Did some shooting last night

Glock 19 at 10 feet.
LBjtA4r.jpg

Glock 19 at 15 feet.
Twve57f.jpg

Glock 19 at 21 feet.
f3Ju8YA.jpg

M&P Shield at 10 feet.
W5pBXmI.jpg

Grouping better and steady hands.
I also saw this beauty today.
Id1h9ee.jpg

Dig

Catch Up
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
G22/23 or MP Shield 40 ? I like the added capacity of the glock but don’t wanna run into limp (:dame:) wristing

BadBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I need a small cc gun (I’m a small dude and I got small hands) throw me some options I was thinking of sig p365 I’ve held a glock 19 and 18 and I’m they seem to big and uncomfortable

j.smooth4

All Star
Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
I need a small cc gun (I’m a small dude and I got small hands) throw me some options I was thinking of sig p365 I’ve held a glock 19 and 18 and I’m they seem to big and uncomfortable
have you looked at
-glock 26
-glock 43
-mp shield

my best advice is go to the range and rent and shoot it every gun is going to feel different in the hands

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
have you looked at
-glock 26
-glock 43
-mp shield

my best advice is go to the range and rent and shoot it every gun is going to feel different in the hands

I know it's unfavorable in some cities but everyone has the option to go try and shoot and make a sound decision beforehand.

Guns are like shoes, everyone's foot is different. Guns that feel big in some hands seem small in others...theres really no excuse to base your purchase solely off of others reviews.

I can't remember if they were adidas or converse chuck Taylor's but there was a popular ass shoe when I was in middle school, everyone had them joints. I tried them on it felt like the arch of my foot was going to snap. They were garbage to me.

To everyone go out and rent these guns at the range and put some rounds in. Don't be afraid to try different makes. You might like glock, you might like smith and Wesson, you might like Springfield, you might like sig.

Do your research and make sure you find what's right for you, but also go test them.

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes
I know it's unfavorable in some cities but everyone has the option to go try and shoot and make a sound decision beforehand.

Guns are like shoes, everyone's foot is different. Guns that feel big in some hands seem small in others...theres really no excuse to base your purchase solely off of others reviews.

I can't remember if they were adidas or converse chuck Taylor's but there was a popular ass shoe when I was in middle school, everyone had them joints. I tried them on it felt like the arch of my foot was going to snap. They were garbage to me.

To everyone go out and rent these guns at the range and put some rounds in. Don't be afraid to try different makes. You might like glock, you might like smith and Wesson, you might like Springfield, you might like sig.

Do your research and make sure you find what's right for you, but also go test them.
Good advice. I tried out a bunch before buying an EDC because my hands were big and with certain guns my right thumb was a hair longer than the other which when releasing the safety irrated the ball of my thumb if that makes sense. I shoot both left and right handed stances and the gun bought had feel good in both hands

Last edited:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Good advice. I tried out a bunch before buying an EDC because my hands were big and with certain guns my right thumb was a hair longer than the other which when releasing the safety irrated the ball of my thumb if that makes sense. I shoot both left and right handed stances and the gun had feel good in both hands

Yeah a lot of people have those things like I said, it's like putting your feet into different pairs of shoes.

My right pinky encroaches and kind of crowds under my ring finger when I make a fist whereas my left goes straight into the palm of my hand with the rest of my fingers.

Theres a lot of pistol grips that just don't work well or feel super comfortable upon first grab (like if I needed to immediately draw my firearm).