Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Dig

Catch Up
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Dope. Where do you plan on shooting it? I would suggest outdoors. Why? Because .22 ammo is super cheap. It's hard not to pick up 2 boxes everything you go to walmart cause they are like $3 for 50 rds or something like that. A range would be fine but especially if you don't have a scope if it has iron sights you can learn to shoot off using those and not have to worry about range time or he distracted by other shooters and talkers.

You can get targets pretty cheap from walmart or sporting good stores
5e3c5747-8e5e-47d4-a147-2677ec0240a9_1.0489ee922e3d6fbb63b291e00d3e2e69.jpeg
various spinner type targets like this are less than $30. Sometones they have silhouette targets like a squirrel or rabbit that you can get too.

Online if you search your state like "outdoor Georgia" or "outdoor Missouri" you'll get a website called outdoor xxx (your state) you can find maps and you can see all the parks and recreation areas in your state and you can see if they allow target shooting. Although you may be in a jurisdiction where you can shoot in you're own backyard. My city got annexed and now discharging a firearm in city limits is illegal but I used to be able to shoot in my backyard. If you have to go a park you'll need a permit one time permits are like $5 a year maybe, $25.
I stay outside of city limits so I'm pretty sure I can shoot in my yard. Until I find it for sure I'm going to a range about 20 min from where I live. Yeah I'm just gonna take the irons out tomorrow to get a feel of it. I picked up some targets, eye/ear protection a few months ago. Good looking out on all the info.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just bought some 5.56 and 9mm ammo. I'm DONE for the year with gun shopping I think lol. Too expensive and I'm just coming out of being out of work a few months.

Luckily I make a high salary and all but that's besides the point :lolbron:

Dig

Catch Up
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
@nikkahs B. Wildin I took that bytch out yesterday :wow:
wryqu0.jpg

(It's empty so don't trip on my finger)This mf nice. Near zero recoil and relatively quiet. Ran thru 300+ rds in this and my pistol. I need a couple 25 rd mags and I'll be set. Really want a reversible 50 but can't find any. My aim was shytty so I may look into one of those Appleseed joints. I shouldn't have to adjust the irons out the box should I? My reflex should be here tomorrow so I may just roll with it. God damnit I'm gonna get addicted to this shyt. I was thinking bout building an AR last night :mjcry:

Last edited:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@nikkahs B. Wildin I took that bytch out yesterday :wow:
wryqu0.jpg

(It's empty so don't trip on my finger)This mf nice. Near zero recoil and relatively quiet. Ran thru 300+ rds in this and my pistol. I need a couple 25 rd mags and I'll be set. Really want a reversible 50 but can't find any. My aim was shytty so I may look into one of those Appleseed joints. I shouldn't have to adjust the irons out the box should I? My reflex should be here tomorrow so I may just roll with it. God damnit I'm gonna get addicted to this shyt. I was thinking bout building an AR last night :mjcry:

You're all good. I don't understand the internet police that comment on people pictures and videos...i have faith that you're doing what you need to do to keep yourself and others around you safe. If you're not it's up to others to be aware of their surroundings and see "hey this fool is waving around a loaded / potentially loaded gun" and protect themselves.

Other than that iron sights may need to be adjusted out of the box. All you would need to do is aim at a paper Target and make sure the space is even between the sights.
1812saj2jta5gjpg.jpg

I don't know if iron sights need to be adjusted. I would look at it and see if its wildly off center or misaligned and go from there.

Dig

Catch Up
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
You're all good. I don't understand the internet police that comment on people pictures and videos...i have faith that you're doing what you need to do to keep yourself and others around you safe. If you're not it's up to others to be aware of their surroundings and see "hey this fool is waving around a loaded / potentially loaded gun" and protect themselves.

Other than that iron sights may need to be adjusted out of the box. All you would need to do is aim at a paper Target and make sure the space is even between the sights.
1812saj2jta5gjpg.jpg

I don't know if iron sights need to be adjusted. I would look at it and see if its wildly off center or misaligned and go from there.
Yea I took my girl out and was trying to walk her through makin sure the gun was safe, checking chamber and chambering, stance, etc. I really taught myself a lot as far as safely handling a firearm watching vids and just playing with my first pistol. But at the range I was looking at the other folk out there and they was doing the basics: letting us know they was placing a target, putting gun on safe after shooting, etc. good looking out again on that site adjustment. I was struggling at 25-30 yards. Got me wanting to go back out today :francis:. What u think about stacking FMJ - Hollow on a defense gun

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter

1812saj2jta5gjpg.jpg

I hate that shyt. Everybody is a know it all, especially when it comes to guns

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It was a couple other guys at the range. ARs and 30 Ot 6 was sounding like bombs :wow:
Yea I took my girl out and was trying to walk her through makin sure the gun was safe, checking chamber and chambering, stance, etc. I really taught myself a lot as far as safely handling a firearm watching vids and just playing with my first pistol. But at the range I was looking at the other folk out there and they was doing the basics: letting us know they was placing a target, putting gun on safe after shooting, etc. good looking out again on that site adjustment. I was struggling at 25-30 yards. Got me wanting to go back out today :francis:. What u think about stacking FMJ - Hollow on a defense gun

Start close then shoot further. 15 yards, 25, 30.....

If you get too into you may fall into hunting. I love to shoot. So going out into the woods and poppin squirrels or rabbits is fun to me. But then again I'll eat them too.

Personal defense is really subjective. What's good for me may not be good for anyone else. I generally carry a full sized .40 my magazine has 15 Rd plus one in the chamber. So if I hit you with ab fmj+ hollow point or a steel game and target round or anything else I look at it like :manny: yea the holes are going to be different but within a distance of 15yards to the person getting shot it's not going to matter. I have some Winchester game and target loads in one magazine and some herters critical defense rounds in another mag. I keep mags all over the crib so when I'm ready to go I pop it in and go. And when I come I side and unload sometimes I'll end up with two mags on the main floor or upstairs so they get moved around a lot.

"You'll want ammo that's not going to go through 1-3 walls in the house potentially killing your own family" that's a good rationale but the reality is you should know you house better than an intruder and youve got to navigate and manage situations to where you're in control.

My opinion is that whether someone shoots a deer slug at you or birdshot if it makes contact especially as a home intruder your ass is going to be looking for the nearest exit if not trying to make one through the wall like a cartoon character. You aren't going to get shyt and evaluate "is this birdshot, 00, #5, #7, was that a deer slug? Hollow point, fmj, plastic or steel...etc.
Now the defining factor and what people consider most is will the ammo be enough to stop the threat or action. Honestly birdshot isnt going to stop a 6'3 240lb man who is drunk or high and / or pissed off from stabbing your daughter or wife, or son and unless the shot is perfect it wouldn't stop him if he were charging at you.

In my life I'm more likely to have someone in my garage or stupid enough to make entry to my house with the intention to steal rather than harm me or my family.

I know what I need to do to protect myself and family but other people are going to have different needs. I don't carry a spare mag because I have 15 rds. I know people who carry 7+1 and keep two 7 Rd mags. Thats 22 bullets ...I dont need all of that. But that's them and I'm me.

• Dap
Reactions: Dig

Dig

Catch Up
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Start close then shoot further. 15 yards, 25, 30.....

If you get too into you may fall into hunting. I love to shoot. So going out into the woods and poppin squirrels or rabbits is fun to me. But then again I'll eat them too.

Personal defense is really subjective. What's good for me may not be good for anyone else. I generally carry a full sized .40 my magazine has 15 Rd plus one in the chamber. So if I hit you with ab fmj+ hollow point or a steel game and target round or anything else I look at it like :manny: yea the holes are going to be different but within a distance of 15yards to the person getting shot it's not going to matter. I have some Winchester game and target loads in one magazine and some herters critical defense rounds in another mag. I keep mags all over the crib so when I'm ready to go I pop it in and go. And when I come I side and unload sometimes I'll end up with two mags on the main floor or upstairs so they get moved around a lot.

"You'll want ammo that's not going to go through 1-3 walls in the house potentially killing your own family" that's a good rationale but the reality is you should know you house better than an intruder and youve got to navigate and manage situations to where you're in control.

My opinion is that whether someone shoots a deer slug at you or birdshot if it makes contact especially as a home intruder your ass is going to be looking for the nearest exit if not trying to make one through the wall like a cartoon character. You aren't going to get shyt and evaluate "is this birdshot, 00, #5, #7, was that a deer slug? Hollow point, fmj, plastic or steel...etc.
Now the defining factor and what people consider most is will the ammo be enough to stop the threat or action. Honestly birdshot isnt going to stop a 6'3 240lb man who is drunk or high and / or pissed off from stabbing your daughter or wife, or son and unless the shot is perfect it wouldn't stop him if he were charging at you.

In my life I'm more likely to have someone in my garage or stupid enough to make entry to my house with the intention to steal rather than harm me or my family.

I know what I need to do to protect myself and family but other people are going to have different needs. I don't carry a spare mag because I have 15 rds. I know people who carry 7+1 and keep two 7 Rd mags. Thats 22 bullets ...I dont need all of that. But that's them and I'm me.
You keep one in the head? I always been shook of doing that shyt.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You keep one in the head? I always been shook of doing that shyt.
Got to.

I fukked up my very first ccw training / shooting class.

They put the target sideways and 25 feet out. And they made everyone step back beyond the line. We had drawn numbers and we're randomly assigned lanes. Our guns were on our hips concealed, they say move on 3.

"Scenario you're walking to you're car after work it's, 10:30 pm." *Now we start walking to the line and at the same time the target is moving about walking speed but it's still sideways so you can't see the profile*

"As you're getting your keys you notice someone is in the lot walking toward you" **this command comes in about a second or two after the first the target is roughly 15-20 yards out and still approaching sideways.

"Now you see you're target shoot or dont shoot!"
**the targets automatically turn to full profile**

some people have a neighbor, a neighbors teenaged kid dressed like a skateboarder with a beanie....others have a guy with a knife or a gun. I had the bad guy.

I pulled my weapon and click click....i didn't have one chambered. Quickly racked the slide and fired. I could've easily been shot especially had some dude watch me fumble. I probably shot him within 5-7 yards.

It was fun for a good exercise but wasn't a good feeling being unprepared. I just forgot to have a round chambered. Great learning experience.

If you want to test it out. Just leave your gun completely unloaded and walk around with it cocked. See if the trigger ever accidently gets pulled.

Dig

Catch Up
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Got to.

I fukked up my very first ccw training / shooting class.

They put the target sideways and 25 feet out. And they made everyone step back beyond the line. We had drawn numbers and we're randomly assigned lanes. Our guns were on our hips concealed, they say move on 3.

"Scenario you're walking to you're car after work it's, 10:30 pm." *Now we start walking to the line and at the same time the target is moving about walking speed but it's still sideways so you can't see the profile*

"As you're getting your keys you notice someone is in the lot walking toward you" **this command comes in about a second or two after the first the target is roughly 15-20 yards out and still approaching sideways.

"Now you see you're target shoot or dont shoot!"
**the targets automatically turn to full profile**

some people have a neighbor, a neighbors teenaged kid dressed like a skateboarder with a beanie....others have a guy with a knife or a gun. I had the bad guy.

I pulled my weapon and click click....i didn't have one chambered. Quickly racked the slide and fired. I could've easily been shot especially had some dude watch me fumble. I probably shot him within 5-7 yards.

It was fun for a good exercise but wasn't a good feeling being unprepared. I just forgot to have a round chambered. Great learning experience.

If you want to test it out. Just leave your gun completely unloaded and walk around with it cocked. See if the trigger ever accidently gets pulled.
stop.gif

Slow down on the reps breh!

I dont really have any friends or family big on guns so big ups on the advice. Thats a dope ass exercise. Only so much experience you can get shooting at paper targets on a range. Wonder if they got that scene from Men In Black from a similar exercise. Hell most ppl i know are scared of them tho (guns). My girl was till I took her shooting, but she still stay asking me why i keep my shyt on me. "Just never know...". Id rather be safe than sorry looking for help. If you don't have a felony I think everyone should have something at least, but I get that a lot of people just cant handle a gun or dont feel comfortable.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
stop.gif

Slow down on the reps breh!

I dont really have any friends or family big on guns so big ups on the advice. Thats a dope ass exercise. Only so much experience you can get shooting at paper targets on a range. Wonder if they got that scene from Men In Black from a similar exercise. Hell most ppl i know are scared of them tho (guns). My girl was till I took her shooting, but she still stay asking me why i keep my shyt on me. "Just never know...". Id rather be safe than sorry looking for help. If you don't have a felony I think everyone should have something at least, but I get that a lot of people just cant handle a gun or dont feel comfortable.
My closest friends don't fukk with guns. My best friends dad killed himself with a gun when he was like 5. So it's understandable. All of my acquaintances carry and shoot but there are reasons they are acquaintances and not close friends.