Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cabela's has Ruger 10/22s for $169.99. I dont have one near me so gonna try and price match at dikk's.
You can routinely find them for approx 200 and under. Some sorts will have bundles (like scope and sling, or camo package) and sell higher but 10/22's are generally priced somewhere on sale at $200 or less. My walmart has them. They are fun guns.

• Dap
Reactions: Dig

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Y'all catching any Black Friday deals?
I'm sleeping. Which is dumb. Theres going to be a temp drop from now until before Christmas then the price will spike (tons of people by guns for Christmas). I want a lil something to put in the stocking. Although I've been carrying full size without an issue lately, I still want something compact.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm sleeping. Which is dumb. Theres going to be a temp drop from now until before Christmas then the price will spike (tons of people by guns for Christmas). I want a lil something to put in the stocking. Although I've been carrying full size without an issue lately, I still want something compact.

I do want a red dot and some ammo I won't lie lol.

My mom thinks I'm stockpiling weapons or something :russ:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I do want a red dot and some ammo I won't lie lol.

My mom thinks I'm stockpiling weapons or something :russ:
My girl gets pissed cause I leave either a hunting rifle or a shotgun in her trunk, she'll go to put groceries in and be like :picard:+:merchant:
Then I stash guns all over the house, basement, upstairs, basement. I put them in places where I can find them if for whatever reason someone kicks the door in. Bless her heart she deep cleans every single Sunday. Long story short she finds them.

"I dumped out a laundry basket full of clothes and a gun fell out...."

"I moved the curio cabinet to dust and there was a gun behind there....."

Now I'm always second guessing if I leave the house for a while and someone decides to go in and take their time whether they'd find one or more. They aren't in obvious places but she finds them. She's knows our house a lot better than me though.

Dig

Catch Up
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
You can routinely find them for approx 200 and under. Some sorts will have bundles (like scope and sling, or camo package) and sell higher but 10/22's are generally priced somewhere on sale at $200 or less. My walmart has them. They are fun guns.
I've always wanted one so figured I'd go ahead pull the trigger. It's cold as shyt this morning so I'll be waiting till midday to get out lol. If they have some more, cool, if not meh

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've always wanted one so figured I'd go ahead pull the trigger. It's cold as shyt this morning so I'll be waiting till midday to get out lol. If they have some more, cool, if not meh
I don't know how you feel about it but I would recommend a pawn shop.

The 10/22 is legendary...very popular and unless you use the barrel as a pry bar you really can't fukk it up. My friends dad's grew up with 10/22's and Marlin 60's which are basically coke and Pepsi of .22 rifles. A few of them still have their 10/22's from the 70's, 80's and early 90's.

I have an early 80's model Marlin 60 18+1. Now they only make 14+1 or so.

• Dap

Dig

Catch Up
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I don't know how you feel about it but I would recommend a pawn shop.

The 10/22 is legendary...very popular and unless you use the barrel as a pry bar you really can't fukk it up. My friends dad's grew up with 10/22's and Marlin 60's which are basically coke and Pepsi of .22 rifles. A few of them still have their 10/22's from the 70's, 80's and early 90's.

I have an early 80's model Marlin 60 18+1. Now they only make 14+1 or so.
I was looking at the marlin too, but I figured I'd have more customizations options with the Ruger. Good looking out on the pawn shop. Don't know why i been so set on a new gun. I got my first gun from a pawn shop and never had any problems with it.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was looking at the marlin too, but I figured I'd have more customizations options with the Ruger. Good looking out on the pawn shop. Don't know why i been so set on a new gun. I got my first gun from a pawn shop and never had any problems with it.
As far as customization the ruger is the way to go. I don't need two .22 so when I found an early model Marlin 60 it was an instacop. But the 10/22's / Marlin 60's are so popular you won't have a problem finding a good one probably with a sling and scope for like $150.

• Dap

Dig

Catch Up
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
As far as customization the ruger is the way to go. I don't need two .22 so when I found an early model Marlin 60 it was an instacop. But the 10/22's / Marlin 60's are so popular you won't have a problem finding a good one probably with a sling and scope for like $150.
I picked up a Ruger 10/22 for 175 NIB. Pawn shops taxing round my way. 200~. No sling or sight tho. I'm looking at red dots right now. Probably get a little strap sling too. 500 rds of that
10poqc2.jpg

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I picked up a Ruger 10/22 for 175 NIB. Pawn shops taxing round my way. 200~. No sling or sight tho. I'm looking at red dots right now. Probably get a little strap sling too. 500 rds of that
10poqc2.jpg

Dope. Where do you plan on shooting it? I would suggest outdoors. Why? Because .22 ammo is super cheap. It's hard not to pick up 2 boxes everything you go to walmart cause they are like $3 for 50 rds or something like that. A range would be fine but especially if you don't have a scope if it has iron sights you can learn to shoot off using those and not have to worry about range time or he distracted by other shooters and talkers.

You can get targets pretty cheap from walmart or sporting good stores
5e3c5747-8e5e-47d4-a147-2677ec0240a9_1.0489ee922e3d6fbb63b291e00d3e2e69.jpeg
various spinner type targets like this are less than $30. Sometones they have silhouette targets like a squirrel or rabbit that you can get too.

Online if you search your state like "outdoor Georgia" or "outdoor Missouri" you'll get a website called outdoor xxx (your state) you can find maps and you can see all the parks and recreation areas in your state and you can see if they allow target shooting. Although you may be in a jurisdiction where you can shoot in you're own backyard. My city got annexed and now discharging a firearm in city limits is illegal but I used to be able to shoot in my backyard. If you have to go a park you'll need a permit one time permits are like $5 a year maybe, $25.

• Dap