Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You sound like some of my country ass family lol.

I've had everything on that list minus squirrel though lol.

I've never had it gamey, I always brine it and the way I cook it (brine, slow cook in broth, then grill) it tastes as neutral as chicken but more lean.

As far as hunter ethics if I don't like the taste of it I won't kill it. I've been invited one time do go on a Texas pig hunt but that shyt ain't for me. shyt would be mad fun but if I wouldnt eat it, I won't kill it.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I've never had it gamey, I always brine it and the way I cook it (brine, slow cook in broth, then grill) it tastes as neutral as chicken but more lean.

As far as hunter ethics if I don't like the taste of it I won't kill it. I've been invited one time do go on a Texas pig hunt but that shyt ain't for me. shyt would be mad fun but if I wouldnt eat it, I won't kill it.

Would you ever do wild boar hunting since they are an invasive species?

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Would you ever do wild boar hunting since they are an invasive species?

Nope. Thats what I'm talking about with those Texas pig hunts. They have all types of pig hunts ones where you gun them down from helicopters and such. They seem cool but to me if your not eating, or doing any sort of processing then you're killing for fun. Even with pest control such as racc00ns and possums I harvest the fur and use the brains for tanning.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I'm not a glock guy at all. But for the reasons I've listed above I would define them as a standard entry level gun.

A lot of gun ignorant people call any type of pistol a glock.

I've not heard or witnessed people stovepiping glocks. Not saying it's not possible but that's not their reputation. As far as their production runs right off the line they are generally fine vs a Taurus which is known for piss poor firearms right off the production line.

There are poor quality gun manfuactuers out there , Taurus, Jimenez, basilla, Jennings, hi-point.... Then you get into good to excellent. These are guns that generally have a lower price range and offer good quality, and reliability but you're going to trade something bad for something good. I.e no interchangeable iron sights, or accessory rail, bad grips, etc (Walther) but great good trigger and vice versa.

As far as glocks I don't believe there is a "perfect" glock. For the money you would spend upgrading a glock to "perfection" you can buy a great gun right out of the box.

It's going to come out of the box pretty decent and from there if you want to customize it, i.e add new trigger, back plate, barrels, and add components it's too easy to do so. Glocks are known to be cheap to accessorize. At least they were about 15 years ago.
Taurus and Hi-point aren't low quality.
As for modification, outside of Hi-piont who purposely make their products cheap and with little modification ability so they can be sold at very low prices, most manufacturers have different teirs.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
What's everybody's scope game looking like? I keep red dots on most everything when stored at home, but I got a few scopes on quick release mounts for when I take them out to open land.

Leupold 2-7 vx-2 (rimfire)
Leupold 1-6 MK6 illuminated
Trijicon 3-9 Accupower illuminated

I find red dots to be fine on man sized steel targets out to a couple hundred yards, which is why I prefer low powered scopes. The 2-7x Leupold I got is my favorite range. In self defense situations within city limits, I really don't see the reason to have to resort to scoped shooting tbh.

Last edited:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Cabela's Black Friday 2017 fier

compressed_ukpru8nmwx5m.jpg

compressed_u63u3a2y4uwd.jpg

compressed_7qfwf4xbxw7q.jpg

https://cdn.blackfriday.com/uploads/flyer_pages/36685/picture/compressed_6m5tq66gk977.jpg
compressed_6m5tq66gk977.jpg