Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

BadBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I need pistol something small, accurate, can pack a punch, and holds a good amount of bullets and also not too loud if possible, shot gun for the crib too what y’all thinking

Daps
I need pistol something small, accurate, can pack a punch, and holds a good amount of bullets and also not too loud if possible, shot gun for the crib too what y’all thinking

Glock 43 or s&wshield 9/40/45

Those are the most popular concealable guns. Most ranges should have them available to shoot

The Up Right Man

All Star
Daps
Training. Also what are you doing wrong right now with shooting? Shooting left of center, up, down? Can you be more specific.

Rifles you don't need a permit just a background check.
I haven't been to the range in a minute, but when I did go I'd say I was pretty accurate from 20 feet away. Although I did notice at times my bullets would dip low and left. I figured it was because of trigger control.

So recently I've been practicing loading the magazine, chambering and dry firing at random targets in my house. But after I pull the trigger I notice my hands become unsteady very slightly for a micro second.

tahoj4

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The house
Do y'all have any advice on tactics and tips for being a better shooter 9mm. Also for rifles what all is needed to purchase one?
Permits?

I second training. The one class that I took helped my hand gun shooting immensely. What type of rifle do you want? Just about everything is on sale right now. I would go to a local gun store and ask them all the questions you have. Rules vary by state and in some places city.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I haven't been to the range in a minute, but when I did go I'd say I was pretty accurate from 20 feet away. Although I did notice at times my bullets would dip low and left. I figured it was because of trigger control.

So recently I've been practicing loading the magazine, chambering and dry firing at random targets in my house. But after I pull the trigger I notice my hands become unsteady very slightly for a micro second.

Probably you do what I do with the trigger pull. You're right handed aren't you?

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Do y'all have any advice on tactics and tips for being a better shooter 9mm. Also for rifles what all is needed to purchase one?
Permits?

Well first off, what are you shooting?

This does matter because not all 9mms shoot the same. Some guns are known for shyt accuracy, some are known for great groups right out of the box.

Second is trigger control. Easy technique to work on. @klientel Hold the unloaded gun down range but bring the gun close to your eyes so you can really peer through the sights. As you slowly pull the trigger notice which direction the gun moves. If there is too much finger on the trigger it should or may pull hard or slight right , too little finger (like just the tip of your finger) and it may push it to the left. The key is to find where it's comfortabke for you and moves the least.

For long barrel guns i.e. shotgunsabd rifles I believe in most states you just have to be over 18 with a state Id or drivers license. If guns are hard to obtain in your state like Illinois then you'll need a firearms permit which should be like $5-$20. Check with your state. We brought shotguns at Walmart at 18 with no permits or nothin, they don't have to be registered. At least where I'm at.

Last edited:

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Trigger control is the hardest thing to get down. If you have snap caps, next time you go to the range mix one or two of those in with your live rounds and watch what happens when you pull the trigger with a snap cap chambered.
Probably anticipating the shot.

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
The M&P Shield is small, accurate & doesn't cost much. It only holds 8+1 though, I dont know if thats enough for you. I conceal carry one daily & I love it. As for a shotty, the Maverick 88 is solid. Almost all parts are interchangeable w/ the Mossberg 500 too. I just ordered one today for $233 w/ tax shipped.

https://www.gunbuyer.com/maverick-8...o-pump-action-12ga-28-18-5-barrels-31014.html

Edit:
Shield on sale for $254 shipped code: FLASH15
S&W M&P Shield Pistol 9mm, 3.1 in 180021

ryanb9nd

Rookie
Daps
Any tips on how to stop buying guns lol....Its becoming an expensive habit
Everytime I think This is the last gun I'm buying, some new shyt comes on my radar
Waiting on my new Sig P220 Scorpion to arrive though
:smugdraper: