Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

tahoj4

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The house
Finished my AR15 build this weekend and wanted to ask how do you all feel about red dot sights vs smaller scopes? I had the opportunity to shoot a scoped AR a few months ago and have mixed feelings about it. Any info would be helpful.

the class

the unknown stuntman
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Finished my AR15 build this weekend and wanted to ask how do you all feel about red dot sights vs smaller scopes? I had the opportunity to shoot a scoped AR a few months ago and have mixed feelings about it. Any info would be helpful.
for closer targets, i prefer the red dot. longer distance = scope

j.smooth4

All Star
Daps
Reppin
D[M]V

Depends if you'll be shooting it within 100 yards use a red dot if you'll shoot it further out use a scope.

Most gun ranges don't have long range target shooting like that where I live so you can use a scope but its harder to sight in and aim as quick

tahoj4

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The house
Depends if you'll be shooting it within 100 yards use a red dot if you'll shoot it further out use a scope.

Most gun ranges don't have long range target shooting like that where I live so you can use a scope but its harder to sight in and aim as quick

It will be a red dot. Most of the indoor ranges around here are 25 yards. I am thinking that I will build a dedicated upper with a scope later if I can find a decent outdoor range close by.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
It gets kind of boring shooting with dots after a while but i still prefer them for practicality at the end of the day. You can easily hit man sized targets with them out to a couple hundred yards and all the while still having a compact package.

The Up Right Man

All Star
Daps
Do y'all have any advice on tactics and tips for being a better shooter 9mm. Also for rifles what all is needed to purchase one?
Permits?

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Do y'all have any advice on tactics and tips for being a better shooter 9mm. Also for rifles what all is needed to purchase one?
Permits?

Training. Also what are you doing wrong right now with shooting? Shooting left of center, up, down? Can you be more specific.

Rifles you don't need a permit just a background check.