Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
its ridiculous in the northeast. you have to get 3 reference letters signed, dated, with the person's name, phone number and address. like what does this prove exactly? you can just make up everything you write about the person. I thinks its for data collection so that they look up the people you associate with.

in chicago you have to apply for for a FOID (firearms ID) card. that's like $10. but you need a concealed carry card to carry. and that is a bytch to get. you have to take 16 hours of classroom gun/safety training. but the kicker is part of that includes range time. since chicago doesn't have ranges within the city limits except for the police ranges, you have to go out to the suburbs two times over a weekend to get this done. plus the cost of the class is around $200-$300 to boot. once you complete the class from a certified trainer, then you can apply for a concealed carry card which cost another $85.

last summer, I freaked out, cuz I left my wallet in a movie theatre out of town, and I didn't wanna pay for another $85 for a conceal carry card. plus it takes like 6 weeks for the replacement to arrive. luckily the movie theatre found my wallet and was nice enough to mail it back to my house :whew:

at least I didn't have to get character references like u.

also the illinois conceal carry is reciprocated in over 30 states. so pretty much any state in the south, midwest or east, I can carry in. I'm in texas where I have full reciprocity with conceal carry with my illinois license.

Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky

Maine - added 7/8/2015*
Michigan

Minnesota - added 8/11/2015
Mississippi
Missouri

Montana - added 7/31/2014

Nebraska - added 6/11/2014

Nevada - added 6/24/2014

New Hampshire - added 2/22/2017**
North Carolina

Ohio - added 3-23-2015
Oklahoma
South Dakota
Tennessee

Texas - Added 4/29/2016
Utah
Vermont

Virginia - Added 7/1/2016 - Virginia now recognizes carry licenses from all states.

West Virginia - Added 5/24/2016

Wisconsin - added 4/7/2014

Wyoming - does not recognize IL CCL but does recognize Open Carry without a license.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
in chicago you have to apply for for a FOID (firearms ID) card. that's like $10. but you need a concealed carry card to carry. and that is a bytch to get. you have to take 16 hours of classroom gun/safety training. but the kicker is part of that includes range time. since chicago doesn't have ranges within the city limits except for the police ranges, you have to go out to the suburbs two times over a weekend to get this done. plus the cost of the class is around $200-$300 to boot. once you complete the class from a certified trainer, then you can apply for a concealed carry card which cost another $85.

last summer, I freaked out, cuz I left my wallet in a movie theatre out of town, and I didn't wanna pay for another $85 for a conceal carry card. plus it takes like 6 weeks for the replacement to arrive. luckily the movie theatre found my wallet and was nice enough to mail it back to my house :whew:

at least I didn't have to get character references like u.

also the illinois conceal carry is reciprocated in over 30 states. so pretty much any state in the south, midwest or east, I can carry in. I'm in texas where I have full reciprocity with conceal carry with my illinois license.
its just one big money grab. we have to pay to use our 2nd amendment. if you're poor, forget about it.
all the damn firearm licenses should be reciprocated in every state.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
its just one big money grab. we have to pay to use our 2nd amendment. if you're poor, forget about it.
all the damn firearm licenses should be reciprocated in every state.

who u tellin? there needs to be one national concealed carry card and end all the state by state bullshyt.

j.smooth4

All Star
Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
this shyt is worse than in illinois/chicago
Yeah down south is better for firearms

its ridiculous in the northeast. you have to get 3 reference letters signed, dated, with the person's name, phone number and address. like what does this prove exactly? you can just make up everything you write about the person. I thinks its for data collection so that they look up the people you associate with.
Lmao its an intimidation factor they know a lot of people are antigun and may not want to write it. They also know some people don't want their privacy out there. They also know a lot of people may be too lazy to write it and miss the deadline. That shyt is nothing but smoke and mirrors and tactics to fukk up people from obtaining firearms.

:scust:

Those are some terrible laws. Do they do the background check quickly and then just make you wait the rest of the time? You need to move to PA. No wait for handgun/rifle. About 30 day wait for concealed carry. Philly was turning people down for stupid reasons but the state stepped in and told them to comply.
Background checks with modern computers literally take seconds to clear maybe 10 mins at most they do it to be an ass just like banks transferring funds.

NYC is different from NY state which isn't as bad but still bad. Even if the brother purchases the firearm he can pretty much only use it at the range or keep it in the home. NY is terrible at giving Carry permits and is a defacto no carry state unless your an ex cop or business owner/person whos been robbed/raped

Large democrat/northern dominated cities/states like NYC any place in CA Bmore DC Philly Chicago etc go out of they way to make purchasing a gun hard as possible and time consuming as possible and annoying as possible.

They add on fees often adding a couple hundred dollars to prevent those who work check to check to buy a firearm.

The government always will try to limit firearms and chip away a rights bit by bit.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Background checks with modern computers literally take seconds to clear maybe 10 mins at most they do it to be an ass just like banks transferring funds.

There are different background checks, different types of background checks and different reporting agencies. There isn't a on size fits all database that just houses all of a person's information. Depending on what agency you're requesting information from and who has the access some checks are as simple as putting in a name dob and ssn and you get the results ASAP.
Others take time to queue the information, and they report back only specific and needed information. Your personal info is very personal and just because someone has access to look into you up for an application of any type doesn't mean they need to have access to all of your information. If you apply for a job at burger King, vs applying for a job for the US government or even a firearm, BK doesn't need sensitive and privy information. Now who they request the information from may be the same as the state or government application you fill out but they won't all receive the same information.

Fortunately there are checks and balances making sure BK isn't getting the same info as the government position you are applying for. Things take time. Often times one agency has to reach out to another and they have to communicate, which takes time. Numbers have to be assigned not just given but assigned and registered, etc.

I used to live in a city where like the simpsons you had to wait 3 days to get your gun, years ago they simplified the process you can take a sales receipt to a police station they can sign the firearm registration, you can take that back to the gun store and pickup your gun same day. Of course you have to do the leg work and fill out the extra paperwork but you don't have to wait for them to communicate (fax or drive back and forth) you can still do it the old way and save about $20 and wait 3 days.

Banks transferring money is a lot more than just changing numbers on a screen. A lot of people don't see it that way especially if you've never worked in a financial sector but it's more than "let me just change that, here you go!"

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
Place called Gander Mountain is closing up shop..had a pretty good sale on some Sig Sauers (I only buy Glocks and Sigs), got a P320 9mm TACOPS with a 25% going out of sale discount.

Having some work done to it with the grips and sights...looking to possibly get a couple of SRD9 suppressors as well soon.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
who u tellin? there needs to be one national concealed carry card and end all the state by state bullshyt.
Nah, let it be state by state.
If you make something national there is one single branch or position that can fukk everyone up.
I prefer it like it is now

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
There are different background checks, different types of background checks and different reporting agencies. There isn't a on size fits all database that just houses all of a person's information. Depending on what agency you're requesting information from and who has the access some checks are as simple as putting in a name dob and ssn and you get the results ASAP.
Others take time to queue the information, and they report back only specific and needed information. Your personal info is very personal and just because someone has access to look into you up for an application of any type doesn't mean they need to have access to all of your information. If you apply for a job at burger King, vs applying for a job for the US government or even a firearm, BK doesn't need sensitive and privy information. Now who they request the information from may be the same as the state or government application you fill out but they won't all receive the same information.

Fortunately there are checks and balances making sure BK isn't getting the same info as the government position you are applying for. Things take time. Often times one agency has to reach out to another and they have to communicate, which takes time. Numbers have to be assigned not just given but assigned and registered, etc.

I used to live in a city where like the simpsons you had to wait 3 days to get your gun, years ago they simplified the process you can take a sales receipt to a police station they can sign the firearm registration, you can take that back to the gun store and pickup your gun same day. Of course you have to do the leg work and fill out the extra paperwork but you don't have to wait for them to communicate (fax or drive back and forth) you can still do it the old way and save about $20 and wait 3 days.

Banks transferring money is a lot more than just changing numbers on a screen. A lot of people don't see it that way especially if you've never worked in a financial sector but it's more than "let me just change that, here you go!"
Eh my bank does transfers in less than 24 hours now. I'm not buying it that it's some complicated process that take 3-5 business days. It's not even real money it's just numbers on a screen.

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:scust:

Those are some terrible laws. Do they do the background check quickly and then just make you wait the rest of the time? You need to move to PA. No wait for handgun/rifle. About 30 day wait for concealed carry. Philly was turning people down for stupid reasons but the state stepped in and told them to comply.
Man getting a CCW is worse. You have to provide a REASON you want to carry concealed :hhh: uhhhh cause muthafukka i want to be prepared in case something pops off where im at (which isnt a valid excuse) :why:

I could not think of any reason to bullshyt myself through the process...im so glad i moved out of that state....I still carried illegal for 8 damn years:whew:

then i got to Delaware and they made me put my picture in a local paper...plus you have to take a week long self defense course before you actually apply(for my wife):snoop:

Whats crazy is I wasn't a resident at first and i had a florida ccw. So apparently i was good to carry until i went and got a Delaware drivers license because that made me a state resident. So FL ccw reciprocates with DE UNLESS you are a resident.:pachaha:(cant make this shyt up) Then to top it off, im on city lines, so theres city laws i have to deal with. I cant carry in this shytty ass city but 1 mile outside of my house i can and its a felony charge for each bullet....:merchant: ...I basically have to map out where im going just to get back and forth to work or anywhere for that matter and cant take any short cuts....

Word to god...Im praying trump makes this clusterfukk a federal issue.

• Dap
Reactions: JKT

j.smooth4

All Star
Daps
Reppin
D[M]V

I just don't buy banks needing 3 days or a weekend to post a $300 money order/cash/cashiers check. shyt should be 6 hrs at most.

All it takes is a confirmation on one side a confirmation on other side and security check.

Europe has much faster systems. They do it for fraud prevention and to get late fees/overdraft fees imo

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im going to mod the 870 like this:

Picture4e-5e008.jpg

after i get my chillins str8 for school this year....

its gona be more of a show piece then anything else

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Maddmike your the one who started another gun thread right?

If you could only keep 5 firearms which ones would they be?
Yes sir...

My top 5 are:
1] A shotty....probaly the mossy 500--(pending rem 870 until i actually get to shoot it...im liking the feel better as of now) but im torn cause my chrome double barrel is just:wow:
2] Take down 22 (just cause i can shoot all day for about 40 bucks
3] AR15
4] springfield 1911 .45:wow:
5] HI point 380 (cause that was my first gun)