Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
what's a good starter gun for protection?

I live in Philly but I haven't even applied for my gun license yet. Prolly wont do that until I move out the crib

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I own two handguns right now. I was just gun shopping and looking.

AR-15 is probably my next purchase. The Tactical Shotgun I REALLY want is a Benelli M4 I'm not gonna lie but I can spend that same cash on an AR.

The benelli is butter. Are you looking for something in the 18-22 inch barrel range? Most shotties have interchangeable barrels. Mine came with an 18 inch slug barrel and a 28 in hunting barrel. My boy has like 3 or for different shotguns though. I just have one really good one and swap barrels.

My boy has one strictly for the house. I'm like :gucci:"neither the bullets nor the victim are going to know or care where you are or what the purpose is....."

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The benelli is butter. Are you looking for something in the 18-22 inch barrel range? Most shotties have interchangeable barrels. Mine came with an 18 inch slug barrel and a 28 in hunting barrel. My boy has like 3 or for different shotguns though. I just have one really good one and swap barrels.

My boy has one strictly for the house. I'm like :gucci:"neither the bullets nor the victim are going to know or care where you are or what the purpose is....."

Honestly a standard AR was on the list but the Benelli is sexy.

I'm not sure yet though. I don't need a short barrel necessarily.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Honestly a standard AR was on the list but the Benelli is sexy.

I'm not sure yet though. I don't need a short barrel necessarily.

You just don't want to end up with just a 28in barrel (hunting) that shyt ain't tactical at all.

It just depends where you plan on using it. For home defense youll want something 18-24in so you can navigate through hallways/doorways quickly without bumping.

I was walking around my Crib testing a new scope camera setup I fabricated (go pro bike mounts and camera phone tripod) and I got to a couple of places in my house and was like :huhldup: hope I don't have to sprint through here with a rifle /shotty.

j.smooth4

All Star
Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
But as far as gun registration to make sure you don't get a botched serial number or that someone who runs a background check doesn't get info they don't need is good. Ive bought guns from some seedy ass pawn shops where the staff are some junkie criminals , I've had the serial number written down wrong, had the wrong birthday or ssn and my name spelled wrong. Sometimes it sucks to wait and sometimes waits seem unnecessary but having something done wrong and having to redo it or fix it is much worse.

idk I've yet to ever buy a pawn shop gun. I've bought some firearms from FFL's who were forgetful with keeping their records you have to cya

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
idk I've yet to ever buy a pawn shop gun. I've bought some firearms from FFL's who were forgetful with keeping their records you have to cya

I've bought from some seedy ass pawn shops. Dude sniffing and sniffling looks like a meth addict talking about "I know the guy who pawned this gun....." If I buy online I try to have items shipped to a big box (usually cabelas) but I have seen a piece I've wanted from a seedy pawn shop and I held my breath while everything was done. It's like I know those motherfukkers have some sort of criminal record, no high school diploma, and can't pass a drug test to save their life.

That was more or less when I was first buying and somewhat hungry now I'm far more conservative where I spend my dough.

j.smooth4

All Star
Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
:what: At the amount of black men that are legally able to own firearms not having atleast one.

Its sad guns are villanized in the BC but they are associated with crime and death.

Whites are conditioned to associate a black man with a gun as a criminal and it has cost a lot a black men their lives.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
:picard: jesus canyou even get a ccw in chi?

yeah, I have one. it's actually for the state of illinois and I outlined the process of getting one a few pages back. I got pulled over a few months ago and the CPD quickly called for hella backup when they ran my info and I heard them on the radio talking about my CCW card.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Nah, let it be state by state.
If you make something national there is one single branch or position that can fukk everyone up.
I prefer it like it is now

yeah, but I'd rather have one CCW card that is applicable around the country instead of having to look up where and where I cannot take a gun when I do a road trip or travel.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
Not reading 54 pages... I've already had a gun charge but I just got my gun license this week & I plan getting a revolver of some type... Next I get my conceal & carry...

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
yeah, but I'd rather have one CCW card that is applicable around the country instead of having to look up where and where I cannot take a gun when I do a road trip or travel.
I hear you it makes things easier, but I don't mind looking at the state lows of where I'm traveling.