Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I'm looking a Glock 19. I've fired the 26, it's sub-compact way too small for me but I like the weight/style/grip. I think the 19 would be the right weight and size

What do y'all gotta say about Glocks good or bad. I've watched the videos on YouTube from the older white dude there above me but I wanna know what the brehs say

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I'm looking a Glock 19. I've fired the 26, it's sub-compact way too small for me but I like the weight/style/grip. I think the 19 would be the right weight and size

What do y'all gotta say about Glocks good or bad. I've watched the videos on YouTube from the older white dude there above me but I wanna know what the brehs say

Will you be carrying it or is it for home defense? Longer barrels are more accurate and actually almost as easy to conceal as shorter ones. It actually the grip that "prints" your shirt while carrying.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Will you be carrying it or is it for home defense? Longer barrels are more accurate and actually almost as easy to conceal as shorter ones. It actually the grip that "prints" your shirt while carrying.

more home defense. It's not concealment I'm concerned with it's just the weight and what feels right in my hand

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
more home defense. It's not concealment I'm concerned with it's just the weight and what feels right in my hand

Shoot as many as you can, and go with whichever one you shoot best with. I'd say get something with a barrel length of around 5" personally. Subs are cool looking but form trumps fashion if you're talking life and death.

Another benefit of longer barrels it's that you'll get more reliable expansion from hollow points.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Shoot as many as you can, and go with whichever one you shoot best with. I'd say get something with a barrel length of around 5" personally. Subs are cool looking but form trumps fashion if you're talking life and death.

Another benefit of longer barrels it's that you'll get more reliable expansion from hollow points.

What do you own. I used to own a .40 and a .22 but they wasn't shyt, I want to get something for real this time with my own money.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Thinking about getting a ruger sr9c or glock 26,anyone have experience with both?
I've held a glock 26 and glocks in general, hate the grip.
Ruger sr9c held one recently, they felt good to me, better than a glock. I would think which ever one you like the feel of the most is the one to go with. Ruger has excellent customer service, glocks have tons of aftermarket support.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
IMO initial grip comfort is overrated. I always recommend to shoot as many models as possible and go with the one you shoot best with, regardless of first impression comfort.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
IMO initial grip comfort is overrated. I always recommend to shoot as many models as possible and go with the one you shoot best with, regardless of first impression comfort.

Yeah I disagree, i find if I don't ike the grip initially I will never love it. I can make do with it and adjust to it over time, but I would simply be adjusting to it, not enjoying it. When I held a glock it felt wide and off in my hands, I got a 1911 and a XD , formed to my hand perfect, extremely good feel. So those are my go to pistols off grip alone. You spending 500+ for a pistol I figure the grip needs to be comfortable when you first pick it up.

• Dap
Reactions: JKT

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I disagree, i find if I don't ike the grip initially I will never love it. I can make do with it and adjust to it over time, but I would simply be adjusting to it, not enjoying it. When I held a glock it felt wide and off in my hands, I got a 1911 and a XD , formed to my hand perfect, extremely good feel. So those are my go to pistols off grip alone. You spending 500+ for a pistol I figure the grip needs to be comfortable when you first pick it up.

Yeah, but I think I'd be more inclined to take my pistol to the range more often if I were to see good results from it straight from the jump. If it feels good in my hand but shoots all over the place, it's just going to stay in my safe after the first couple visits. Plus you won't be thinking of how plush it feels if used in a self defense situation, you just want the bullets to go where they need to.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Yeah, but I think I'd be more inclined to take my pistol to the range more often if I were to see good results from it straight from the jump. If it feels good in my hand but shoots all over the place, it's just going to stay in my safe after the first couple visits. Plus you won't be thinking of how plush it feels if used in a self defense situation, you just want the bullets to go where they need to.
Well if its shooting off I wouldn't buy it for that reason or adjust the sights.
That said comfort of the grip is nothing put a positive, it still takes drilling and practice to place on target reliably and in high stress situations, so I don't even consider that the main thing when looking, you know.