Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Daps
Ha my buddy has one of those.

RL70y1R.jpg

His Glock 17 has a threaded barrel to put the silencer on.

Glocks are the legos and transformers of guns, They have unlimited amount of attachments you can add on. Im about to get the G21 with a tyrant 45 silencer

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I decided to check out this one gun range & shop about two miles from my parents.

Great staff, clean range. Nice selection of guns. I was curious about the selection and I told one of the guys that in sort of interested in the LWRC ARs.

Long story short I told him I never shot one so he let me shoot his personal one for free, just pay for ammo. So I shot a magazine off of it standing. fukking awesome gun. Smooth trigger. I shot from 15 yards and shot okay. Hit the bullseye :smile:

Much better customer experience at that range than the fukking one where this tense white lady wouldn't shoot a handgunbecause she said I wasn't an "experienced" shooter :stopitslime:

Last edited:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I decided to check out this one gun range & shop about two miles from my parents.

Great staff, clean range. Nice selection of guns. I was curious about the selection and I told one of the guys that in sort of interested in the LWRC ARs.

Long story short I told him I never shot one so he let me shoot his personal one for free, just pay for ammo. So I shot a magazine off of it standing. fukking awesome gun. Smooth trigger. I shot from 15 yards and shot okay. Hit the bullseye :smile:

Much better customer experience at that range than the fukking one where this tense white lady wouldn't shoot a handgunbecause she said I wasn't an "experienced" shooter :stopitslime:

Congrats and I'm glad you found another business that acts like they want your money.
You thinking you going to take the lwrc plunge?

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Congrats and I'm glad you found another business that acts like they want your money.
You thinking you going to take the lwrc plunge?

Yeah actually that shop and another in Atlanta I went to while visiting my parents have been more than helpful. I was just checking this local range near my parents because my dad mentioned it to me. Dude saw I was interested, didn't ask for my ID, super helpful and friendly. I don't mind going to shops that are like this.

Eh.... $1600 - 2200 for a LWRC. I could buy it but I'm not sure yet. I think handgun makes the most feasible first purchase, but man shooting a rifle is fun. :ehh:

I'm really enjoying improving my marksmanship.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Yeah actually that shop and another in Atlanta I went to while visiting my parents have been more than helpful. I was just checking this local range near my parents because my dad mentioned it to me. Dude saw I was interested, didn't ask for my ID, super helpful and friendly. I don't mind going to shops that are like this.

Eh.... $1600 - 2200 for a LWRC. I could buy it but I'm not sure yet. I think handgun makes the most feasible first purchase, but man shooting a rifle is fun. :ehh:

I'm really enjoying improving my marksmanship.
Nice, you narrowed down what handgun you want

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Nice, you narrowed down what handgun you want

Glock 19 or a Sig P229 Legion. Probably the Legion due to the improved grips and sights.

When I go to the range I shoot the G19 the most though simply due to availability.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Should I buy an AR first or a handgun as my first firearm purchase? Your opinions
The answer depends on what you intend to do with the weapon.
Are you purchasing for home defense? Sport? Personal defense? Collector?
What are your states laws on firearms?
Do you have experience handling a weapon safely and responsibly?

I personally would advise against an AR as your first fire arm based entirely no the fact that you wont have the same opportunities to use it as you would a handgun. Unless you plan on going to the range often, the AR will be fun to use for a little while and then collect dust somewhere in your house, whereas a handgun you have the versatility of carrying it everyday for self defense.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps

I personally would advise against an AR as your first fire arm based entirely no the fact that you wont have the same opportunities to use it as you would a handgun. Unless you plan on going to the range often, the AR will be fun to use for a little while and then collect dust somewhere in your house, whereas a handgun you have the versatility of carrying it everyday for self defense.

Well ideally you should be practicing firing with your handgun too, just carrying isn't enough.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I'd be either in Georgia or Texas. I'm still learning the laws but they are some of the better places for my choices.

Sport and marksmanship is certainly fun but my primary purpose is self defense and something for the home.

I'm pretty cognizant of safety in the home. I am going to take a safety course and handgun classes but for the most eight months I've been going to the range every 2-3 weeks I feel comfortable

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I'd be either in Georgia or Texas. I'm still learning the laws but they are some of the better places for my choices.

Sport and marksmanship is certainly fun but my primary purpose is self defense and something for the home.

I'm pretty cognizant of safety in the home. I am going to take a safety course and handgun classes but for the most eight months I've been going to the range every 2-3 weeks I feel comfortable
Self defense and home defense are similar but should be treated a little differently. Self defense a hand gun is best. Home defense your best bet is a shotgun.
In your handgun you definitely want to carry hollow point rounds to avoid a round exciting the person you shot at and hitting an innocent by stander. The same applies for a shotgun for home defense. You want to avoid rifles which can send rounds right through your walls or doors and towards innocent people and their property. With a shot gun you minimize that risk with rounds that spread and can be stopped by walls and doors easier while still being lethal to humans.
Rifles are fun but for the average person, it isn't as practical as a handgun or shotgun.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Well ideally you should be practicing firing with your handgun too, just carrying isn't enough.
Of course. I didn't mean to imply that you don't need practice. What I'm saying is a rifle is better suited for hunting, or for sport. A handgun is more practical for self defense and a shotgun is more practical for home defense. Regardless of the fire arm you should be educated on the particular model and practice with it as often as possible.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Of course. I didn't mean to imply that you don't need practice. What I'm saying is a rifle is better suited for hunting, or for sport. A handgun is more practical for self defense and a shotgun is more practical for home defense. Regardless of the fire arm you should be educated on the particular model and practice with it as often as possible.

Yeah don't know about your take on self defense, but yeah practice as much as you can and you will be good.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
What do you mean?

For home defense or self defense in general I would prefer shotguns and rifles to pistols and pistol carbines because their greater effectiveness in stopping a threat. If you need concealability, yeah handguns are the only option, but if you are at home or you want a weapon for your living quarters, I don't think its optimum.