Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
nah, i'm 6'1

His .45 was a 1911 and the recoil on that it wasn't bad. It's just that my dumbass tried to shoot it left handed although I'm right-hand dominant. I didn't grip the pistol with my right hand properly.

The bad recoil I was referring to was on my .40. It's really because of the grip, it's just uncomfortable. I'm about to cop a rubber grip for it.

Looks like this below.
2197166_02_pearce_magaziine_grip_extensio_640.jpg

I copped the Mod 2 and the grip on that Gun is far superior to the XD grips. Check it out

Kowboy

Pro
Daps
Reppin
DC
Took the class earlier today for the Utah Concealed Carry Permit. Still won't allow me to carry in MD and DC, but I spend a lot of time in states that do accept it. If DC loses their defense to the "Good Reason" doctrine I'll apply, if not I'll just wait until I move to Texas. Any thoughts on the Smith & Wesson MP Shield .40 for a concealed carry weapon?

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Took the class earlier today for the Utah Concealed Carry Permit. Still won't allow me to carry in MD and DC, but I spend a lot of time in states that do accept it. If DC loses their defense to the "Good Reason" doctrine I'll apply, if not I'll just wait until I move to Texas. Any thoughts on the Smith & Wesson MP Shield .40 for a concealed carry weapon?

I would opt for the 9mm shield instead with some good hollow point ammo, but otherwise they seem to be a very well regarded pistol

Kowboy

Pro
Daps
Reppin
DC
I would opt for the 9mm shield instead with some good hollow point ammo, but otherwise they seem to be a very well regarded pistol
Appreciate it. I purchase the S&W MP 9mm a couple of months ago and I love how it feels when I fire. However, I felt like I better get some suggestions before getting the same cal in the Shield. I'll try both of them (.40 and 9mm) at the range, but I definitely would opt for the 9mm all things considered. I've got the Speer Gold Dot 124 grain in my bedside gun.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Appreciate it. I purchase the S&W MP 9mm a couple of months ago and I love how it feels when I fire. However, I felt like I better get some suggestions before getting the same cal in the Shield. I'll try both of them (.40 and 9mm) at the range, but I definitely would opt for the 9mm all things considered. I've got the Speer Gold Dot 124 grain in my bedside gun.

Yeah, it always boils down to what think you will shoot best. In general though, a 9mm will give you the least recoil and be easiest to manage if you ever find the actual need to use it. Try them side by side and see which one offers the most consistent follow up shots. You never want any strays, and this applies especially if it involves an edc weapon.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh: never crossed my mind.
Thinkin ass dude. Thanks

Get a Taccom carbon fiber upper if you can. Mine is a beast. Make sure it will arrive in time for the event though. Mine had a bit of a lead time.

I think i had posted this already but this is me zeroing a new scope in on the taccom upper I'm talking about. 50 yards with a 6" target. The first ten on the bottom right was from when I first mounted the scope with a cold barrel.

0dlDrJl.png

Last edited:

brickfare

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
north north
got 20 rounds of civil defense 9mm the other day, even with a labor day sale that shyt was dumb pricey

ups delivered my 33 round mag (and other accessories) i ordered from midwayusa to the wrong damn address, smh

also sent the slide from my glock 19 in to smyrna for them to install steel night sights so we'll see how that goes (my vision without glasses is trash, night sights seem kinda pointless in my situation)