The Official Coach Prime and the Colorado Buffaloes Thread

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I was 50/50 on this, but the more time goes on I think he stays, unless he just suddenly loses all desire because Shedeur isn’t there. Coaching can be very addictive and fulfilling.

There’s just too many benefits to being a P4 coach that he can’t really get anywhere else.

He‘s basically the man in Boulder, and hired his homeboys, who he’s around all day. Where else can you create this environment? He also got his sister working there. He’s looking out for a lot of people.

He’s getting paid his CU salary, plus all these endorsements. In addition, if he’s truly successful, he has an opportunity at another chance of generational wealth. He could land a contract as a coach that exceeds what he made in his playing days of both baseball/football combined.

You could argue “yeah he already has money,” but we don’t know how these guys spend their money. More money never hurts.
He’s not recruiting

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
This is false

They only have 8 commitments and it's the middle of October.

And he didn't get the best players from the portal last season. They ranked 8th.

From a roster standpoint, they are not in a good spot. Which is why that Kansas St. game was everything. From here on out, he needs to treat every game like it's for the National Title. If Shedeur and Travis were sophomores, this year, then you could sell the progression on a young team growing. Both of them are gone after this season. As is a lot of the transfers to graduation.

And the portal works both ways. They lost a player who went to a conference rival and contributed to your loss.

At the end of the day, he coached high school football in Texas. He lives in Texas during the off season. Yet he hasn't been able to tap into the Texas high school pipeline which is a problem. Most of his recruits come from Georgia or Florida. Colorado isn't an attractive location. The transfer portal will only get you but so far. He's trying to use it exclusively. You can't build a perennial contender with a huge roster turnover every year.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Stick to the Drake threads nikka :camby: that's more of your speed

But he's not recruiting :mjlol:

They only have 8 commitments which is paltry compared to the programs he wants to compete with. He LIVES in Texas, coached in Texas, and has yet to tap into that high school football pipeline.

That's one of the hardest aspects of coaching in Colorado. It's not an ideal location.

Braman

Superstar
Daps

images

:scust:I hate it man. I really hate it. These kids are picking up so many bad habits. When have you ever seen a college player diminish another player to prop himself up.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Recruits can't sign until December, why would your October rankings mean anything :mjlol: like I said get your ass back to the Drake threads nikka
So the current 2025 classes mean nothing?

How about this? What was their recruiting ranking for 2024?

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How can you be in a CU thread and not know Prime’s recruiting approach that he’s been doing the last 5 years? :what: