The Official Coach Prime and the Colorado Buffaloes Thread

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tyler Johnson, and Walker. rumor is that one or the other got kicked off
the whole Tyler Johnson situation has been bizarre, I was expecting him and Mayer to walk in the door as starters. If Walker is done they better hope Zilinkis(sp) stays healthy at center.

Karume

All Star
Daps
the whole Tyler Johnson situation has been bizarre, I was expecting him and Mayer to walk in the door as starters. If Walker is done they better hope Zilinkis(sp) stays healthy at center.
Mayer did pretty much walk in as the starter. as far as center goes if hank went down they might switch Roc over to center

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
This is probably the most important game for Coach Prime, in his entire head coaching career. If they win, they will be 100% legitimized. They will actually be ranked in the top 25 and more importantly, they will potentially attract more recruits. They’re not only losing their best players after this season, they’re losing their most important players. The transfer portal isn’t going to cut it. They only have 8 commits for the 2025 class so far. And now they got portal restrictions.

And the best player that left after last season plays for Kansas St. this is an absolute must win for Colorado. The critics don’t matter. They gonna hate regardless. The only way they get players is by winning. I’m a Va Tech fan. Michael Vick literally put them on the map after they went to the BCS title game. They were able to immediately recruit better players. If they beat Kansas St. then the next important game is Arizona. They should win it, but it’s a road game. After that, their final 5 games are all winnable and losable. A lot of close games. Their goal should be to get to the big 12 title game which will more than likely be vs BYU or Iowa State. But they gotta win Saturday for the sake of recruiting. Prime is been behind on that since he got to Boulder.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
was reading The Athletic article about the rogue assistant that went to Saudi Arabia trying to secure NIL funding, dude said the school/athletic department is dropping the ball in regards to NIL and not utilizing Deion the way they should to get their funds up. Also had this to say about Dylan Edwards:

Reilly, who relocated to the island of Hawaii, nicknamed the Big Island, explained on the recent misty hike out of the Kilauea Iki crater why Colorado lost last year’s leading rusher Dylan Edwards, who transferred to Kansas State in late April.

“We couldn’t afford to pay Dylan Edwards what his value is,” Reilly said.

At the daily farmer’s market in nearby Hilo, two hours after leaving the floor of Kilauea, Reilly stuffed bananas, avocado and papaya in his bag before heading to lunch at a restaurant across the street from Hilo Bay. Informed that Kansas State was hosting Arizona, Reilly asked the bartender to put the game on the small flat screen.

Here in his new home, Reilly offered a real-time glimpse into why he says he sought out alternative ways to potentially garner funds, including unlikely alliances with foreign governments. On the screen, Edwards, now No. 3 on Kansas State, fielded a punt on a short hop and eventually zipped 71 yards untouched into the end zone.

“Go, baby! Go, baby!” Reilly screamed in the empty restaurant, his voice echoing the same as it did at the base of the volcano. “I wanted to pay that little s—!”

Karume

All Star
Daps
was reading The Athletic article about the rogue assistant that went to Saudi Arabia trying to secure NIL funding, dude said the school/athletic department is dropping the ball in regards to NIL and not utilizing Deion the way they should to get their funds up. Also had this to say about Dylan Edwards:

Reilly, who relocated to the island of Hawaii, nicknamed the Big Island, explained on the recent misty hike out of the Kilauea Iki crater why Colorado lost last year’s leading rusher Dylan Edwards, who transferred to Kansas State in late April.

“We couldn’t afford to pay Dylan Edwards what his value is,” Reilly said.

At the daily farmer’s market in nearby Hilo, two hours after leaving the floor of Kilauea, Reilly stuffed bananas, avocado and papaya in his bag before heading to lunch at a restaurant across the street from Hilo Bay. Informed that Kansas State was hosting Arizona, Reilly asked the bartender to put the game on the small flat screen.

Here in his new home, Reilly offered a real-time glimpse into why he says he sought out alternative ways to potentially garner funds, including unlikely alliances with foreign governments. On the screen, Edwards, now No. 3 on Kansas State, fielded a punt on a short hop and eventually zipped 71 yards untouched into the end zone.

“Go, baby! Go, baby!” Reilly screamed in the empty restaurant, his voice echoing the same as it did at the base of the volcano. “I wanted to pay that little s—!”
this isn't news. CU didnt have much in the way of NIL before Prime so they are playing catch up

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is probably the most important game for Coach Prime, in his entire head coaching career. If they win, they will be 100% legitimized. They will actually be ranked in the top 25 and more importantly, they will potentially attract more recruits. They’re not only losing their best players after this season, they’re losing their most important players. The transfer portal isn’t going to cut it. They only have 8 commits for the 2025 class so far. And now they got portal restrictions.

And the best player that left after last season plays for Kansas St. this is an absolute must win for Colorado. The critics don’t matter. They gonna hate regardless. The only way they get players is by winning. I’m a Va Tech fan. Michael Vick literally put them on the map after they went to the BCS title game. They were able to immediately recruit better players. If they beat Kansas St. then the next important game is Arizona. They should win it, but it’s a road game. After that, their final 5 games are all winnable and losable. A lot of close games. Their goal should be to get to the big 12 title game which will more than likely be vs BYU or Iowa State. But they gotta win Saturday for the sake of recruiting. Prime is been behind on that since he got to Boulder.

If Deion wins this game, and wins 7 or 8 games, I don't think he'll be at Colorado next year. There's a lot of big jobs gonna be available. FSU, FLORIDA, maybe Auburn, and it's a long shot, but USC might be available.

Karume

All Star
Daps
If Deion wins this game, and wins 7 or 8 games, I don't think he'll be at Colorado next year. There's a lot of big jobs gonna be available. FSU, FLORIDA, maybe Auburn, and it's a long shot, but USC might be available.
yes those schools could throw a bag at him, but I don't see big schools letting him be him. FSU is the only one I consider a possibility.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
Nah. You thinking Nick Saban. I’m thinking Tom Osborne. Half the teams you mentioned slighted him when he was trying to get hired. I doubt he goes to those schools. And all of those schools sell themselves. At Colorado, he’s treated like a god and can run his program how he wants. And I don’t think, he came there to only stay for 2 years. Then there’s his daughter. She followed him to Jackson St. then she followed him to Colorado knowing she wasn’t going to play. I don’t think she leaves, if he only planned on being there for one more season. And I don’t think Tracy breaks up with him if he only planned on being there for Two seasons.

If he is able to turn Colorado into a national power, it would trump anything he would be able to do at Florida St.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah. You thinking Nick Saban. I’m thinking Tom Osborne. Half the teams you mentioned slighted him when he was trying to get hired. I doubt he goes to those schools. And all of those schools sell themselves. At Colorado, he’s treated like a god and can run his program how he wants. And I don’t think, he came there to only stay for 2 years. Then there’s his daughter. She followed him to Jackson St. then she followed him to Colorado knowing she wasn’t going to play. I don’t think she leaves, if he only planned on being there for one more season. And I don’t think Tracy breaks up with him if he only planned on being there for Two seasons.

If he is able to turn Colorado into a national power, it would trump anything he would be able to do at Florida St.

His daughter transferred, she's gone. He doesn't have any of his kids at Colorado after this season.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't see him staying at Colorado if a big time school gives him an offer. Who's his QB gonna be next year? Shedeur and Travis are major components of the team.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
His daughter transferred, she's gone. He doesn't have any of his kids at Colorado after this season.

I can't see him staying at Colorado if a big time school gives him an offer. Who's his QB gonna be next year? Shedeur and Travis are major components of the team.

1. They were going to be leaving eventually anyway.
2. Coach Prime has already proven, he doesn't need a big name school to drive ratings.

The problem with Coach Prime right now is recruiting. He's old school. He doesn't want to offer kids money to play for him. He specifically said, he didn't want to go to the NFL because the players make too much money and he wouldn't have an impact. So he's competing with schools that don't mind treating players like professional athletes. So either Colorado has to step up and build a war chest that can bring in top talent, or he's going to have to develop 3 stars into pro athletes in a hurry.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
And a lot of people were praising Colorado for beating Central Florida, but I think it was fools gold. UCF didn't play anyone. And their offense is too one dimensional. Once Colorado got up by 2 scores, they basically had the game one.

And the defense plays too much man to man, which gives them zero margin for error. They gave up 2 long touch downs because of it. This team is still basically learning how to win. A lot of the roster is comprised of sophomores and freshman. The rest are coming from teams that were either obscure programs that always lost and had no expectations to win or they didn't play.

If Colorado don't flip some players and sign at least 20 high school recruits, I don't see this program thriving long term.

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
And a lot of people were praising Colorado for beating Central Florida, but I think it was fools gold. UCF didn't play anyone. And their offense is too one dimensional. Once Colorado got up by 2 scores, they basically had the game one.

And the defense plays too much man to man, which gives them zero margin for error. They gave up 2 long touch downs because of it. This team is still basically learning how to win. A lot of the roster is comprised of sophomores and freshman. The rest are coming from teams that were either obscure programs that always lost and had no expectations to win or they didn't play.

If Colorado don't flip some players and sign at least 20 high school recruits, I don't see this program thriving long term.
100% agree now if they win this week then yea they are legit but to me the one team that was actually legit they played they lost to and it wasn’t even close

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
100% agree now if they win this week then yea they are legit but to me the one team that was actually legit they played they lost to and it wasn’t even close

I think they're a way better team since that Nebraska game. I watched K State play, I wasn't impressed. I expect Colorado to win by 10 points.