The Official Coach Prime and the Colorado Buffaloes Thread

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
what's it take to get some quick developing passing plays from this team :feedme:

good win tho that shyt was fun af

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
CU defense gotta figure out how to play better in the first half, 2nd halves they've been lights out. Baylor was a must win with UCF on the road and KState back to back weeks.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
We don’t really gotta have the convo yet because we won, b it shedeur HAS to be better about getting the ball out. Sure there’s gonna be some plays where it’s a free rusher and he doesn’t have a choice, but others he’s getting a couple seconds, recognizes someone coming at him and he tries to escape instead of throwing it away or going to a check down. Almost cost the game tonight.

Dude is great, but it’s an area for improvement.

Karume

All Star
Daps
We don’t really gotta have the convo yet because we won, b it shedeur HAS to be better about getting the ball out. Sure there’s gonna be some plays where it’s a free rusher and he doesn’t have a choice, but others he’s getting a couple seconds, recognizes someone coming at him and he tries to escape instead of throwing it away or going to a check down. Almost cost the game tonight.

Dude is great, but it’s an area for improvement.
the problem with what you are saying is that there isnt always a checkdown he can throw to. also the issue with baylor's pressure is that it comes from a variety of directions in a variety of ways. that IMO lead shedeur to sometimes see pressure that isn't necessarily there or as bad as he perceives.

that being said all of that would be mitigated by increasing the amount and variety of run plays. that would stabilize shedeur , and force defenses to worry about rush lanes and not just target the QB.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
the problem with what you are saying is that there isnt always a checkdown he can throw to. also the issue with baylor's pressure is that it comes from a variety of directions in a variety of ways. that IMO lead shedeur to sometimes see pressure that isn't necessarily there or as bad as he perceives.

that being said all of that would be mitigated by increasing the amount and variety of run plays. that would stabilize shedeur , and force defenses to worry about rush lanes and not just target the QB.
It’s not just against Baylor, it’s every game. I’ll give him the pass last year because the O Line was trash, but he needs to learn to throw it away.

I don’t think defenses are ever going to be worried about this run game.

Karume

All Star
Daps
It’s not just against Baylor, it’s every game. I’ll give him the pass last year because the O Line was trash, but he needs to learn to throw it away.

I don’t think defenses are ever going to be worried about this run game.
what are the college rules regarding intentional grounding?

I ask because I just dont think I would want my QB trying to throw the ball away from the middle of the field.

I understand your thought as far as defenses not being worried about the run. I think even if it wasnt overly effective consistincy would provide that extra half second or so that would be huge.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
what are the college rules regarding intentional grounding?

I ask because I just dont think I would want my QB trying to throw the ball away from the middle of the field.

I understand your thought as far as defenses not being worried about the run. I think even if it wasnt overly effective consistincy would provide that extra half second or so that would be huge.
I’m actually not sure. It always used to be you could just throw it out of bounds as long as it went past the line of scrimmage, but they were talking about being outside the tackle box on one today. Not sure if that changed recently.

Even if that isn’t an option RB is usually gonna be on the field running a route close to the LOS or blocking. Fire it at his feet

Karume

All Star
Daps
I’m actually not sure. It always used to be you could just throw it out of bounds as long as it went past the line of scrimmage, but they were talking about being outside the tackle box on one today. Not sure if that changed recently.

Even if that isn’t an option RB is usually gonna be on the field running a route close to the LOS or blocking. Fire it at his feet
welch had one thrown at him which was a bit low but he didnt need to go to his knees to catch...smh

your point is well taken though.

also do they ever run screen plays?