The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
interviewing Gerald Walker for my website. It's his first headlining show.

that calender of shows has me sus about the place though :huhldup:

whut!?!?!!??

i swear y'all expose yourselves on this site, everyday.

abbey pub is a 2000 era hiphop performance staple venue wise.

c'mon son!!!

art barr

Niki

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town!

I use to work right down the street from where they are at the end of the video at the Water Tower Mall. The crazy thing is that mall was NEVER an attraction for these ignorant ass kids until about a year ago. They would usually go to the hood malls like Ford City and Evergreen Plaza, but suddenly they started coming in droves to the Water Tower and the Mag Mile hasn't been the same since.

I've noticed that since fashion has changed from ol' school urban wear to emo/hipster clothes and the fascination with tech stores like Apple have become such a major thing for these kids, they have more of a reason to hang in those areas than they ever have before.

Mrsmoothwb

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
PA
a random thought i had... how do nikkas in chicago get any sleep?:dwillhuh: if gunshots going off all night & shyt

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
I use to work right down the street from where they are at the end of the video at the Water Tower Mall. The crazy thing is that mall was NEVER an attraction for these ignorant ass kids until about a year ago. They would usually go to the hood malls like Ford City and Evergreen Plaza, but suddenly they started coming in droves to the Water Tower and the Mag Mile hasn't been the same since.

I've noticed that since fashion has changed from ol' school urban wear to emo/hipster clothes and the fascination with tech stores like Apple have become such a major thing for these kids, they have more of a reason to hang in those areas than they ever have before.

Yea....these kids been wilding for a couple years. As soon as they get off the Chicago Red line stop, there needs to be a couple SUV cops tailing them. :snoop:

Cats rocking Abercrombie and Aeropostatle now too.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Murder charges being dismissed after 17 years - chicagotribune.com

After reviewing DNA tests, prosecutors say they are dismissing charges against a man who has been in prison since 1997 for a murder that occurred during a home invasion on the South Side.

Alprentiss Nash, 37, was sentenced to 80 years for the death of Lion Stroud. According to prosecutors, Nash was wearing a black ski mask when he broke into Stroud's home in 1995. The mask was found near the crime scene, they said.

Cook County prosecutors opposed Nash's request for DNA testing on the ski mask, but the Illinois Appellate Court later ordered it. Testing was done on skin cells found on the mask, and the genetic profile was matched to an inmate who recently was paroled from prison after serving time for a drug conviction.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
interviewing Gerald Walker for my website. It's his first headlining show.

that calender of shows has me sus about the place though :huhldup:
Im pretty sure when Devin The Dude came to town its where he played...its just an old venue...nothing wrong w/ it.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mom to dying son in South Side laundromat: 'Just hold on' - chicagotribune.com

Marla Stogner knew her 17-year-old son was dying as he lay bleeding on the floor of a laundromat in the Back of the Yards neighborhood Friday, moments after a gunman shot him in front of her and his two younger brothers.

"I was just calling his name, just calling his name to see if he could hear my voice," Stogner said Saturday as her house filled with friends and family. "'Just hold on,' I was just telling him to hold on."

Jalen C.J. Stogner was pronounced dead at Stroger Hospital in Chicago at 5:11 p.m., less than an hour after he was shot, officials said.

Stogner's mother said she, Jalen and his 4- and 11-year-old brothers had just arrived at the laundromat in the 4800 block of South Ashland Avenue when the gunman and Jalen exchanged words in the parking lot. The confrontation lasted a few seconds before the assailant pulled a handgun from his waistband and shot her son, Stogner said.

smh!!

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
They wont let me carry my gun in Chicago legally but there are a lot of criminals roaming about with one.
I have no interest in going into the killing fields known as Chicago.