The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
$200K bail for man charged with beating dog to death - chicagotribune.com

A $200,000 bail was set today for a Lakeview school teacher charged with punching his dog to death in anger when it refused to get into a bathtub after it “ate every piece of paper” in the man's apartment and soiled itself.

Derek Fierro, 25, was before Circuit Court Judge Donald Panarese, who set the bail. Fierro is charged with aggravated cruelty to animals, a felony, according to police and prosecutors.

Fierro stood before Panarese with his clasped hands behind his back wearing a sleeveless T-shirt, jeans, glasses and loafers. Panarese also ordered Fierro not to have any contact with any other animals.

Assistant Cook County State's Attorney Leanna Miehlich said in court that Fierro told police: "I don't know why I did it."

"I'm an animal myself" Miehlich quoted Fierro as saying.

Fierro is a teacher at Eugene Field Elementary School in the 7000 block of North Ashland Avenue, according to police and Chicago Public Schools records.

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
Had some fun at Retro on Roscoe up in Roscoe Village:

557549_10100152810733261_178036894_n.jpg
391448_10100152810753221_1811447241_n.jpg

Met some local residents that hooked me and a few of my friends up with some drink, food, and smoke! A former boxer held a BBQ afterparty in his back yard. It was cool listening to him talk about the development that went on in that area and the progress he witnessed from his time as a street kid back in the early '90s to now. After hearing him talk I don't know how anyone can poo-poo "gentrification."

What a great neighborhood.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Drew Peterson trial updates: Judge to rule on mistrial - chicagotribune.com

Continual coverage of the trial of Drew Peterson for the murder of his third wife, Kathleen Savio.

9:15 a.m. Defense plans to withdraw mistrial motion

Peterson attorney Darryl Goldberg said on the way into the courtroom that the defense intends to withdraw its motion for mistrial with prejudice, confirming rumors around the courthouse.

9 a.m. Witness list for Wednesday

If the trial continues, jurors are expected to hear further testimony from former Bolingbrook Police Lt. Teresa Kernc.

Following Kernc, other witnesses slated to testify are forensic pathologist Larry Blum, Stacy Peterson's friend Scott Rossetto and Kathleen Savio's physician, Dr. Vinod Motiani.

On Tuesday, Kernc told jurors about interviewing Savio in 2002 after Peterson allegedly broke into Savio's home in a SWAT uniform and repeatedly pushed her to the ground.

At one point, Savio allegedly told Peterson, "Go ahead and do what you came to do: Kill me," Kernc testified.

"He said, 'Where do you want it?' And she said, 'In the head.' " Kernc testified.

Peterson then allegedly told Savio to turn her head, which Savio did, Kernc said, based on what Savio told her.

"And then he said, 'I can't kill you,' " she told jurors. Peterson then threw a garage opener to the ground and left.

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
Had some fun at Retro on Roscoe up in Roscoe Village:

557549_10100152810733261_178036894_n.jpg
391448_10100152810753221_1811447241_n.jpg

Met some local residents that hooked me and a few of my friends up with some drink, food, and smoke! A former boxer held a BBQ afterparty in his back yard. It was cool listening to him talk about the development that went on in that area and the progress he witnessed from his time as a street kid back in the early '90s to now. After hearing him talk I don't know how anyone can poo-poo "gentrification."

What a great neighborhood.

2zhio1k.gif
@ that shirt

you really go out of your way to appear as a non threating black man to them crakkkas i see