The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
It’s pretty disheartening how pro trump some of the black Chicago social media news folks have become. James “J-hustle” Hawthorne, spotnews on twitter…..like damn I don’t like Kim porter ass either but these fools be sounding like some southern Illinois white cacs the way they be slurping trump

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
look at this shyt. :whoo: they gonna use the former US Steel south works sight for a new silicon valley company to come in and build a super computer. they talking about creating like 175000 jobs. and this is on the far south east side almost in indiana :whew:

this is a sight, I always thought the bears should consider a stadium in since it's lakefront and has abundant land. that said, this is much better than a bullshyt sports team stadium campus. sounds like they fixed all the pollution problems caused by decades of steel refining.

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
look at this shyt. :whoo: they gonna use the former US Steel south works sight for a new silicon valley company to come in and build a super computer. they talking about creating like 175000 jobs. and this is on the far south east side almost in indiana :whew:

this is a sight, I always thought the bears should consider a stadium in since it's lakefront and has abundant land. that said, this is much better than a bullshyt sports team stadium campus. sounds like they fixed all the pollution problems caused by decades of steel refining.

Time for them Mexicans to move :francis:

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Random throwback:

I was in the White Castle lot on 111th and Halsted. A southbound Pace bus pulls up at the light. Suddenly, a breh pulls up in the lot, gets out of his car and gets on the bus in an aggressive manner. There were several squad cars that showed up a few seconds later.

He then points out someone on the bus (some female with a kid). "There she is right there".

One of the officers told her to get off the bus. Apparently, she took some money from him, $100.00 (more on that in a minute). The officer pulled her to the side and questioned her about it, which she kept denying it. He finally said, "Look, we can go back to the store and pull the footage, and if you're lying, we're gonna take you into custody, and place your kid into DCFS. So if you got his money, give it to us now...and walk away"

She then reaches into her purse and grabs the $100 bill. :mjlol:

At this point I'm still clueless about what led to this, so I talked to the breh afterwards. :jbhmm:

Turns out he was at a cell phone shop on 95th and Halsted making a purchase and said woman was standing behind him at the counter. He had the money out on the counter then looked away for a few seconds. When he looked back, the money was gone and SHE was gone. He spotted her in the parking lot and confronted her. She kept playing dumb, so he eventually let it go as he didn't want to get physical. She then boarded the approaching bus and left.

He called the cops immediately, and they ended up catching up with the bus @ 111th. :gladbron:

Last edited:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Beautiful seeing something futuristic come out south. Hopefully they leave the Steelworkers park alone though :lupe:

FukYaFeelings

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Englewood Chicago to Southwest Atlanta
Random but I’m Atlanta and moved to chicago after going their for my great uncless
Funeral and getting fired from my job.

I be tryna put everyone on to Chicago. I talked to sum lady today who was saying she just got bacc from Houston and it was nice. I said she should visit chicago, she talmbout she scared cuz it’s dangerous. I hear dat excuse way too much !! I always tell folks the 3 most populated cities are NYC La and chicago…it wouldn’t be dat populated for no reason.

Whenever I get some money ima move bacc fr. But if I get married and have kids I think I’d wanna buy a house in the metro Atlanta area idk…but shyt shout out chicago and yall nikkas dere now.

I had got a 312 number cuz my phone got stolen one time and they said I couldn’t keep my current number.

I luv being in difference state and folks ask what 312 is

Chicago nikka :myman:

Seems like all my family born and raised dere got 773 tho

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Anybody familiar with Mint Mobile?

That package of 360 bucks for 12 months of unlimited data is pretty damn tempting
I've been on their cheapest plan since 2019 and recommend them. The only caveat is that your texts/calls are low priority when there's a shytload of people, but the only time I noticed it was when I went to Pitchfork 2-3 years back.

stave

Superstar
Daps
Beautiful seeing something futuristic come out south. Hopefully they leave the Steelworkers park alone though :lupe:
It would be fine I'd think. There is a bunch of land over there that isn't park but it's just abandoned. They were going to build a velodrome and a new neighborhood over there called Lakeside over there at one point. There was a temporary velodrome on 87th and Burley, that has been abandoned for some years, built with the intent to have a permanent one built in the neighborhood. I never went to it, but I learned about it when I got my first fixed gear bike. They built the Lakeshore Drive south extension to support it, I believe. Then the development just fell through for some reason.

Daps
I was just in yall city. Its a gorgeous place but I had one issue. Where da hoes at?

I swear I aint see one baddie the whole damn time :stopitslime::hubie: