The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
O'Hare is further, but more convenient for myself. I hop on the 294 and cruise.

The airport is easy access too. The only knock is the loud, ratchet TSA workers.

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
O'Hare is further, but more convenient for myself. I hop on the 294 and cruise.

The airport is easy access too. The only knock is the loud, ratchet TSA workers.
My boy parents stay in Des Plaines, 294 is in their backyard literally. @beaniemac you still work out there?

Leave the whip at they crib, $12 Uber to Terminal 5 international and I’m gone :wow:

I’ve never had a bad experience at Ohare :yeshrug:

Midway? Too many to count.

Last edited:

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
My boy parents stay in Des Plaines, 294 is in their backyard literally. @beaniemac you still work out there?

Leave the whip at they crib, $12 Uber to Terminal 5 international and I’m gone :wow:

I’ve never had a bad experience at Ohare :yeshrug:

Midway? Too many to count
Headed to Miami Thursday morning via O'Hare. 7am flight, so the tollway lanes will be open.

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
Headed to Miami Thursday morning via O'Hare. 7am flight, so the tollway lanes will be open.
The best…I had a midnight flight to Mexico City 2 weeks ago

Tollway was wide open, got thru TSA in 5 minutes, flight was half empty. My type of traveling :obama:

You pay to park ? :scust: I rather take the blue line in then shell out money to park

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
The best…I had a midnight flight to Mexico City 2 weeks ago

Tollway was wide open, got thru TSA in 5 minutes, flight was half empty. My type of traveling :obama:

You pay to park ? :scust: I rather take the blue line in then shell out money to park
$15.00/day in Lot G

I chalk it up as a travel expense :manny:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Traffic EVERYWHERE sucks in the city right now. If you take any main streets and are going south at any point, its wrap for you. Northbound not quite as much but its all goofy.

CTA ridership is still pretty low compared to pre-COVID and a lot of construction in my drives. :francis:

Beats walking. I grew up without a car in the family. Rather sit in traffic in my car than wait for a bus in traffic. :yeshrug:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
CTA ridership is still pretty low compared to pre-COVID and a lot of construction in my drives. :francis:

Beats walking. I grew up without a car in the family. Rather sit in traffic in my car than wait for a bus in traffic. :yeshrug:
Fair enough, but im glad I have an E-bike. Im about to pay for insurance on it and get a basket. This driving shyt is trash. Ever since construction started on the expressway and on arteries, its been 20 minute trips becoming 35+ every day. Especially going south.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Traffic EVERYWHERE sucks in the city right now. If you take any main streets and are going south at any point, it’s wrap for you. Northbound not quite as much but it’s all goofy.
:scust:Thought it was just me

I was wondering where all these mfs coming from. Starting thinking of the day when we can teleport

Edit: I saw at least 10 temp plates today. I know it was tax season but damn lol

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Fair enough, but im glad I have an E-bike. Im about to pay for insurance on it and get a basket. This driving shyt is trash. Ever since construction started on the expressway and on arteries, its been 20 minute trips becoming 35+ every day. Especially going south.

E-Bikes and E-Scooters are winning tbh. :ehh: Take the bike lane and maintaining speed will beat most car ETAs up to like 8 miles or so on city streets.

Motorcyclists lanesplitting in the bike lane tho? :martin:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
E-Bikes and E-Scooters are winning tbh. :ehh: Take the bike lane and maintaining speed will beat most car ETAs up to like 8 miles or so on city streets.

Motorcyclists lanesplitting in the bike lane tho? :martin:
With this year especially, there's been a few times where the bus was crowded AF & 20 minutes late. I realized that I would've gotten there quicker if I just biked it (and I also would've got a workout in).

Nowadays, my bike is my go-to transportation and the bus is a backup for when it's windy/rainy/too hot outside.