The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
man, I took the wife out to eat last friday for some surf and turf. we were splurging for a change. anyways, when we was ordering the steaks, I kept cracking jokes bout how black folks love some well done shoe tasting meat. and I actually convinced her to get hers medium. cuz thats what I got. she ended up sending it back and getting it cooked more :smh:

but my steak was delicious.

also last weekend, we was at a wedding and they have hor'dueves (I know the spelling) and they had some crab cakes and smoked salmon and shyt like that and u know nikkas had to be all like "what is this" "I dont know about that fish" "what is in that", "what are them things on it". I just :lolbron: to myself and then :snoop: at them.

they had crab cakes,....!!!!

that is my favorite fried or broiled food, EVER!!

all female backfin crab meat,....??

yo next time you go to one of those types of weddings, serving crab cakes,..call me, joe!!

i will show up in the three piece and the whole nine, for some crab cakes.

art barr

on the steak tip,..best way to order a steak is medium well.

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
I truly miss Chi town delicacies too. :to:

Fox's Pizza. :noah:

HomeRun Inn :noah:

Harold's :noah:

Dock's :noah:

Evans Hot sauce corn ships. I used to go to Jewel n cop 10 dollas worf of dem joints err week. :noah:

A Big ass bag of dem fried skrimps from Troha's. :noah:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I truly miss Chi town delicacies too. :to:

Fox's Pizza. :noah:

HomeRun Inn :noah:

Harold's :noah:

Dock's :noah:

Evans Hot sauce corn ships. I used to go to Jewel n cop 10 dollas worf of dem joints err week. :noah:

A Big ass bag of dem fried skrimps from Troha's. :noah:

man,....

this post had visions of fishwishes, hit chips, sckrimps amd thin crust frok homenrun inn dancing through my head.

art barr

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
10-month-old boy seriously hurt after falling from window - chicagotribune.com

A 10-month-old boy was badly hurt when he fell from a third-story window while his mother slept in their Gary apartment, police say.

The boy was flown to a Chicago hospital after he fell on Tuesday, according to Gary police Cpl. Gabrielle King. He had no details of the injuries.

A resident of a first-floor apartment spotted the boy after hearing cries and called for an ambulance.

King said the boy's fall was an accident and not a result of neglect. The window had a loose screen, he said.

Brock Landers

AKA Tyler Hands-thorough
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Torrance, CA
I've got some relatives in the Chi that stay near Skokie/North park, what's it like over there my chi brehs? Would I be the victim of some goonery or is it laid back?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I've got some relatives in the Chi that stay near Skokie/North park, what's it like over there my chi brehs? Would I be the victim of some goonery or is it laid back?

No Cism but Skokie is a predominantly Jewish suburb. I work not too far from there. You should no problems in that area. I don't know what north park is however.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
damn beanie :(

Cook County correctional officer killed in hit-and-run - Chicago Sun-Times

A Cook County correctional officer died after being hit by a van and a sheriff’s car Wednesday night outside the county jail, officials said.

Nikkii Bostic-Jones, 37, was struck around 10:50 p.m. while crossing the street in the 2900 block of South California on her way to work, officials said.

The woman was hit by a full-sized navy van, possibly a Chevrolet with white and blue stripes heading north, officials said. Bostic-Jones flew into the southbound lane and was hit and pinned under a sheriff’s car, county sheriff officials said.

The van sped off.

“They need to turn themselves in,” said the woman’s sister, Andrell Bostic, 28, as tears welled in her eyes. “They took a great person’s life. . . She’s all we had. It’s just not real.”

The correctional officer died at Mount Sinai Hospital.

Friends, family and co-workers lined up outside the hospital as the woman’s body, wrapped in white blanket, was wheeled to an ambulance. She was taken to the county medical examiner’s office.

“She was a great person — a very loving person,” said her husband, James Jones, who had been married to his wife for seven years but knew her for 25 years.

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse

Are you talking about North Park University? It's not too hood around there, but there are a couple of thugged out High schools around there that'll get u got.

Ooh Marty

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere plottin
"st Louis nikkaz want they corner back" :heh:

:comeon: half tha time y'all on here talmbout tha west side go harder than tha south, I thought both areas wuz hood....

In tha early 90s though all I heard about wuz tha South side, didn't know west side got it poppin until twista came out :russ:

recent years the south side got a whole lot more dangerous than the west side :merchant:

nikkas about getting money out west whereas out south, nikkas just bang, rob, and kill :yeshrug:

Since '86

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

My stepfather's a County Sheriff, worked in the same building as her & was good friends with her. shyt is sad. That whole stretch from 30th & California Ave. & Blvd to 26th & California Ave. & Blvd need stop signs though. Those yield signs won't cut it. And the officers just cross the streets sometimes, not even paying attention & a lot of drivers don't pay attention to the yield signs until someone is in the crosswalk.

Brock Landers

AKA Tyler Hands-thorough
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Torrance, CA
Are you talking about North Park University? It's not too hood around there, but there are a couple of thugged out High schools around there that'll get u got.

Appreciate the info breh, I was talking with my cousin's son and he mentioned Skokie and North Park and that was all I really got :yeshrug: lol