The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did these incidents occur in one day?

Yup.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...n-the-southwest-side-20120505,0,2386733.story

A woman was beaten and sexually assaulted during a home invasion early today in the LeClaire Courts neighborhood on the Southwest Side.

A man forced his way into the home of a 46-year-old woman in the 4500 block of South LaCrosse Avenue about 1:30 a.m., then beat and sexually assaulted her, according to a Community Alert issued by police.

The man, described as black and between the ages of 20 and 30, stands 5-foot-7 to 5-foot-10, has a medium complexion, and is possibly bald, the alert said.

He was last seen wearing black pants, a black baseball cap and a white T-shirt under a beige sweater, the alert said.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...rday-afternoon-night-20120505,0,3257090.story

yuck.

Four people were wounded in three shootings across the city Saturday afternoon and night.

A man in his 20s was shot in the back about 10:10 p.m., according to Chicago Police News Affairs Officer Amina Greer. It’s not clear where he was shot but he’s in good condition at Mount Sinai Hospital.

A female, whose age wasn’t available, was shot in the foot in the 500 block of North Springfield Avenue in the East Garfield Park neighborhood about 20 minutes later. She’s in good condition.

Two people – a 42-year-old man and a 43-year-old woman – were shot in the 3700 block of West Roosevelt Road in the Lawndale neighborhood about 3:20 p.m., Chicago Police News Affairs Officer Veejay Zala said.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
:damn:

*scratches off Chicago from vacation list* :merchant:

But on the real though I still want to visit. My pops goes up about every year I think..if you're downtown you'll prolly be aight I guess?

CerealKilla

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:damn: :damn: :damn:

watch

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
North and East/Lake shore is pretty safe. So is "visual central" (i.e. Wicker Park, Bucktown, Noble Square, etc.). South and West sides get wild as fukk, and at some point just anything on the south side is not good. I don't go to those areas unless I'm passing by to get somewhere else. Some trouble spots are in generally nicer areas like Riis Park and eastbound for a while are bordered by nice neighborhoods.

You're safe in downtown, but some spots just outside of downtown are hairy like Lower West or Near South. Many people say the same thing; its probably the best city in the world but the crime really hurts it.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...rday-afternoon-night-20120505,0,3257090.story

A 12-year-old girl survived a gunshot wound on the West Side Saturday night, according to police, but nine others were shot and one died between 3:30 p.m. Saturday and 1:30 a.m. Sunday.

The girl was standing on a sidewalk in the 500 block of North Springfield Avenue in East Garfield Park about 10:30 p.m. when she was shot in the left foot, police said. The girl's family didn't cooperate with the investigation that some of the family members were intoxicated when the girl was wounded, according to police. It's not clear exactly how she was shot. She's in good condition at Mount Sinai Hospital, police said.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just check out the "stream" here. Always some bullshyt going on.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/

TY.

North and East/Lake shore is pretty safe. So is "visual central" (i.e. Wicker Park, Bucktown, Noble Square, etc.). South and West sides get wild as fukk, and at some point just anything on the south side is not good. I don't go to those areas unless I'm passing by to get somewhere else. Some trouble spots are in generally nicer areas like Riis Park and eastbound for a while are bordered by nice neighborhoods.

You're safe in downtown, but some spots just outside of downtown are hairy like Lower West or Near South. Many people say the same thing; its probably the best city in the world but the crime really hurts it.

Most definatley. For what it offers, Chicago = mad piff. You can live like a king in Chi or pay out da ass in NYC or LA.

bigmanharris

Coli Gangsta
Daps
Reppin
GA
:damn:

*scratches off Chicago from vacation list* :merchant:

But on the real though I still want to visit. My pops goes up about every year I think..if you're downtown you'll prolly be aight I guess?

I've visited 6 times.....downtown is very safe. I've been all over, from Wriglyville to Downtown, Oak Park, to the Westside, to Forrest Park, Cicero, Oak Brook, Glen Ellyn, Napervile, River Forest, Maywood, Bellwood, Westchester, to Englewood, Washington Park, Woodlawn, Oak Lawn, church in K-town, down south to Markham and back. I didn't chill in some of these spots but i'm here. Stay downtown or west suburbs tho, you'll enjoy it more....oh yeah the Dusable Museum on the Southside is great. I saw a very good Black Panther exhibit there.

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
visited once, not the best citiy in the world crime or no crime but it's nice, a little bit too slow for my taste but i met some decent snow bunnies didn't have the time to go to spots where black folks hang out it was a business trip.