The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

Ezra

Daps
it's about 40 min, correct?
Joe-Biden-Laughing-Shaking-his-Head.gif

Maybe at 2am with no one on the road. Youre looking at least an hour w good traffic. 1:45 with normal/bad traffic

Good rule of thumb is to see how far a place is/ how long you think the drive will be and double it.

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Joe-Biden-Laughing-Shaking-his-Head.gif

Maybe at 2am with no one on the road. Youre looking at least an hour w good traffic. 1:45 with normal/bad traffic

Good rule of thumb is to see how far a place is/ how long you think the drive will be and double it.

Ok, I'm looking at Chicago as a strictly close entertainment city.

I'm not looking to work in Chicago. I'd want to be around Waukegan.

Unless there is a city closer that doesn't have the hustle/bustle of Chicago. As far as living and working I want somewhere quiet and Chicago will be the entertainment.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok, I'm looking at Chicago as a strictly close entertainment city.

I'm not looking to work in Chicago. I'd want to be around Waukegan.

Unless there is a city closer that doesn't have the hustle/bustle of Chicago. As far as living and working I want somewhere quiet and Chicago will be the entertainment.
Youre better off sticking with the western cook county or DuPage burbs if you want a shorter commute to the city.

Edit: you're working in Waukegan? If so then the mid point would be like lake forest deerfield and skokie. I suggest you look there but you will be paying a pretty penny for it

Last edited:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I'm over here at the theatre on 87th and Dan Ryan right now. They have changed it to a full studio theatre with full bar, reclining seats and real food. And it's only $5 on Tuesdays.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Depending on where in the West/DuPage you might be looking at the same commute. 290/55/88 - all of the expressways that run East/West are a fukking mess.

Also METRA can take you from Waukegan to Chicago in an hour flat. If you're not going to be in the City on a regular basis I wouldn't even bother driving.

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
Gotcha....Waukegan is kinda out there.

There's closer suburbs if you dont want to live in the city.....maybe Evanston or Skokie