The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

Ezra

Daps
Was out walking my dog and ran into this fine ass girl walking her dog. Struck up a convo, she had a thick African accent. :shaq:
Said she just moved to Chicago with her ... husband:sadbron:

Her husband is a Congolese diplomat. They were stationed in Belize and just got transferred to Chicago. She looked so cold a miserable. Absolute worst time to move here. Cant imagine growing up in the Congo, then living in Belize, then having to move to a frozen Chicago in December :deadrose:

Last edited:

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can live just about anywhere in the whole city for 60k other than downtown, and even then you may still be able to pull it off. I would suggest Bronzeville or Hyde Park or the north shore. You can just walk to the train and be downtown in 15 minutes.
My condo in Hyde Park was just over $300k when I got it back when I was single, and I love it. It's big enough for a whole family, for now it's just me and my wife, but if I was still single it'd be even better cause the value is going up.

With your income, just pick a place to live and we can tell you whether or not it's a good idea, because compared to LA and NY, Chicago is super cheap but just as good.
I've said it before but I loved my condo when I had it in Rogers Park. I'm looking to move to Hyde park soon so I can def agree with you there.

Also around 56th n Michigan altho not the best area...the 2bdr condo are pretty decent

Side note: Anybody know any great barbers..think Ima need a new one :patrice:

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was out walking my dog and ran into this fine ass girl walking her dog. Struck up a convo, she had a thick African accent. :shaq:
Said she just moved to Chicago with her ... husband:sadbron:

Her husband is a Congolese diplomat. They were stationed in Belize and just got transferred to Chicago. She looked so cold a miserable. Absolute worst time to move here. Cant imagine growing up in the Congo, then living in Belize, then having to move to a frozen Chicago in December :deadrose:
knowing me I woulda went for the number:yeshrug:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
man I have been to florida and atlanta in the last 3 weeks and I'm going to dallas twice more this month. I was NOT ready for the level of hawk we had when I got back in town yesterday. brrrrr.

frz.gif

Tanahashi Coates

Superstar
Daps
I don't mind cold weather. I DESPISE the snow. nothing like coming back home and having to go shovel for 90 minutes after having been awake since 5 am :pacspit:

Definitely investing in a snowblower once they go on sale . Getting new gutters and windows were higher priority at the moment.

65 and 80 are always a mess during winter. Seen 3 jackknifed trucks while heading east :sadcam:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Definitely investing in a snowblower once they go on sale . Getting new gutters and windows were higher priority at the moment.

65 and 80 are always a mess during winter. Seen 3 jackknifed trucks while heading east :sadcam:

my snowblower was stolen like 2 years ago when I accidently left my garage door open. the bad thing is, where I live now the house is on a really long lot, so there's a lot of sidewalk to shovel. prior to it being stolen, I NEVER really used it anyways. now I wish I had it.