The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

Water

Pro
Daps
Im graduating college down here in atl and my first job offer is in chi.. should I be worried? I've never lived there and only got an aunt up there.

Where would you recommend I live as a young single black man?

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
Im graduating college down here in atl and my first job offer is in chi.. should I be worried? I've never lived there and only got an aunt up there.

Where would you recommend I live as a young single black man?
There's more black people on just the southside of Chicago than in all of Atlanta, the city is much bigger, public transportation is much better, traffic is better, everything is just better than Atlanta.

I was disappointed in Atlanta because what everyone said about it calling it the black Mecca I was expecting more going down there to visit.

Come to Chicago you'll love it.
Don't even think twice about it, come on.

You have to tell us how much you're making in order for us to tell you where to live though pleighboi. :dame:

I live in Hyde Park, a nice area. There's a lot of great areas from breh's and brehette's here, and it's not expensive either.

Where is your place of employment located?

@beaniemac @CHICAGO @muse @EmmitDrill @Barnett @Milk N Cookies

Water

Pro
Daps
There's more black people on just the southside of Chicago than in all of Atlanta, the city is much bigger, public transportation is much better, traffic is better, everything is just better than Atlanta.

I was disappointed in Atlanta because what everyone said about it calling it the black Mecca I was expecting more going down there to visit.

Come to Chicago you'll love it.
Don't even think twice about it, come on.

You have to tell us how much you're making in order for us to tell you where to live though pleighboi. :dame:

I live in Hyde Park, a nice area. There's a lot of great areas from breh's and brehette's here, and it's not expensive either.

Where is your place of employment located?

@beaniemac @CHICAGO @muse @EmmitDrill @Barnett @Milk N Cookies

Ill be making around 60k.
Also the job is located in the Chicago Loop.

FlexPavilion

Enshrined
Supporter
Daps
Bronzeville or Hyde Park is where you should consider living if you move here. It's not as bad as the media makes it out to be. If you avoid the hood, you have nothing to worry about. If you're respectful of other people and don't go looking for trouble, you don't have anything to worry about.

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
You can live just about anywhere in the whole city for 60k other than downtown, and even then you may still be able to pull it off. I would suggest Bronzeville or Hyde Park or the north shore. You can just walk to the train and be downtown in 15 minutes.
My condo in Hyde Park was just over $300k when I got it back when I was single, and I love it. It's big enough for a whole family, for now it's just me and my wife, but if I was still single it'd be even better cause the value is going up.

With your income, just pick a place to live and we can tell you whether or not it's a good idea, because compared to LA and NY, Chicago is super cheap but just as good.

Ezra

Daps
You can live just about anywhere in the whole city for 60k other than downtown, and even then you may still be able to pull it off. I would suggest Bronzeville or Hyde Park or the north shore. You can just walk to the train and be downtown in 15 minutes.
My condo in Hyde Park was just over $300k when I got it back when I was single, and I love it. It's big enough for a whole family, for now it's just me and my wife, but if I was still single it'd be even better cause the value is going up.

With your income, just pick a place to live and we can tell you whether or not it's a good idea, because compared to LA and NY, Chicago is super cheap but just as good.
Hyde Park is a lot further away than 15 minutes. Youre looked closer to 30 min out than 15. Great neighborhood tho

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
Hyde Park is a lot further away than 15 minutes. Youre looked closer to 30 min out than 15. Great neighborhood tho
Bronzeville is 15 minutes to downtown on the train, redline or METRA.

I leave out the front door of my building at 7:30 to walk to the METRA right off 53rd and Im downtown at the Daley Center at ~8:20.

I can walk my dogs with my wife and see every race before circling the block.

I love Hyde Park. :blessed:

Homeboy coming from Atlanta wih that shyt traffic, he's not going to have none of those problems. Won't even have to drive if he doesn't want to. :banderas: