The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

Malcolm Joseph

Microphone Checka
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Oh shyt, you too !! when did you attend ?

I went in the late 90's there was still a sizable white and east asian population. And a small but cool group of AA black people, and a group of african black folks too.. I lived in the dorms for 2 years and those of us that lived there were pretty cool w each other.
I graduated in'13, but the demographics seem to be the same. Did you hear about the murder on campus?

IIT student Jermiron 'Jay' Morris beaten to death in fight with fellow student on Bronzeville campus

Crazy stuff, I knew both these cats. Not to turn the convo dark, but that's been on my mind for a bit regarding IIT.

Yesterday

Banned
Daps
It's truly amazing Chicago cant produce one halfway decent candidate to unseat him. By the time we have another election the police stuff will be long forgotten.
I'm pretty sure capable candidates are being suppressed by the powers that be. I'd be willing to bet many are being paid off, threatened and blacklisted in order to keep specific people in power

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
I've been out of the city for the last couple weeks and I miss home so bad.

First week of the month I was in new orleans, came back to the city for a day and right out here to Phoenix last week.
I'm still out here for the rest of this week before I can go back home. Upside: There's a portillo's out here in Tempe, and there are a sh!t load of chicago transplants.
Everything in the Phoenix suburbs is brand new so there's tons of "stuff". But it's spread out and different.

Also it's PAWG central (Honestly I've never seen anything like it ever in life and I've traveled A LOT) and I have a couple lonely transplanted co workers who've been throwing it at me, but I love jesus and my wife so I'm behaving..... barely.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
I graduated in'13, but the demographics seem to be the same. Did you hear about the murder on campus?

IIT student Jermiron 'Jay' Morris beaten to death in fight with fellow student on Bronzeville campus

Crazy stuff, I knew both these cats. Not to turn the convo dark, but that's been on my mind for a bit regarding IIT.
Oh wow, I completely missed that. I knew they had more programs for older students now cause those weren't typical undergrad aged guys.

I was supposed to graduate in 2002 :flabbynsick:. But I was going during the height of the original .Com era and IIT was one of the best tech schools in the City/country. I had gotten an internship after my sophomore year and they offered me a job and offered to pay for my certs etc if I stayed. I was getting burned out from the pressure/workload and taking classes I didn't care about so I said eff it and jumped corporate. Before my 22nd birthday I'd already bought a house. A house in west pullman, but a house that was all mine.

Sometime I still think about finishing my degree just to say I did. But IDK. Most of the people I know who went and did their 4-5 years in college with no goal in mind stayed in struggle mode until their 30 and have 50-100k in debit. I know chicks with multiple post graduate degrees who have just stayed in school to avoid paying for school.

I knew what I wanted to do and someone offererd me the chance to do it so I bounced.

Ezra

Daps
I'm pretty sure capable candidates are being suppressed by the powers that be. I'd be willing to bet many are being paid off, threatened and blacklisted in order to keep specific people in power

Maybe. I think it's also political suicide as well. Who wants to take on this dumpster fire? If I were an aspiring politician, no way Id want to be Mayor. There's the slightest of chances you can make the tiniest of difference. The flipside - you cant get anything done, despite trying and youre painted as another corrupt guy in the Chicago Machine anyway.

No thanks. My pessimistic view of gov is pretty upsetting. Good news is I truly think the President can make a difference nationally much more than a Mayor can here in Chicago.

Yesterday

Banned
Daps
I've been out of the city for the last couple weeks and I miss home so bad.

First week of the month I was in new orleans, came back to the city for a day and right out here to Phoenix last week.
I'm still out here for the rest of this week before I can go back home. Upside: There's a portillo's out here in Tempe, and there are a sh!t load of chicago transplants.
Everything in the Phoenix suburbs is brand new so there's tons of "stuff". But it's spread out and different.

Also it's PAWG central (Honestly I've never seen anything like it ever in life and I've traveled A LOT) and I have a couple lonely transplanted co workers who've been throwing it at me, but I love jesus and my wife so I'm behaving..... barely.
In Arizona or NO? When I was in NO I saw a whit girl with the most amazing ass in my life at Emeril's restaurant. Sounded french or something, I wanted to bring her home with me:mjcry:

TheFryingDutchman

Grad School is killing me:damn:
Daps
Anita Alvarez
giphy.gif