The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

Ezra

Daps
CNN says hillary has 50% of the vote and bern has like 49%. but there's still 9% of the votes remaining to be counted.
Doesn't really matter as IL (and all dem primaries) are proportional. Bernie is dead after last night. He still has plenty of money to campaign. I dont see him dropping out. He'll continue to get out there and push his message.

Doubt he attacks Hillary as much now as he didnt the past month or so though.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Doesn't really matter as IL (and all dem primaries) are proportional. Bernie is dead after last night. He still has plenty of money to campaign. I dont see him dropping out. He'll continue to get out there and push his message.

Doubt he attacks Hillary as much now as he didnt the past month or so though.

ok, so its over?

I'm not voting for trump. and I damn fa sho ain't voting for hillary. we need more than two parties on the ballot.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
ok, so its over?

I'm not voting for trump. and I damn fa sho ain't voting for hillary. we need more than two parties on the ballot.

If no where else in the country hasn't learned this lesson. Chi/IL folks better remember what can happen if Dems/Blacks sit out an election due to a lack of excitement in the nominee.

I'm def guilty of sitting out the 2 years ago because I was "eh" about Pat Quinn.
Now every time Rauner does something more foul than the last thing, I feel a little responsible.

Ezra

Daps
ok, so its over?

It's over for Bernie. Still a chance Trump could get blocked at the convention.

I dont really want to turn this thread into a political debate, but I will have no issue voting for the lesser of two evils and pick Hillary over Donald.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
ok, so its over?

This is Hilary's biggest fear. She know most of us Bernie voters don't fukk with her, and us either voting for Trump or not voting at all is both L's for us. Can see her really trying to butter us up in the next few months

Ezra

Daps
This is Hilary's biggest fear. She know most of us Bernie voters don't fukk with her, and us either voting for Trump or not voting at all is both L's for us. Can see her really trying to butter us up in the next few months
As a Bernie supporter, why would you not vote for her?

Ezra

Daps
Cause she supports Rahm, and I don't want him getting more years thanks to support from her.
Rahm endorsed Bernie fwiw. Also, Rahm has no shot in hell for re-election unless he somehow miraculously overhauls the CPS and CPD. I have a better chance at getting up in Beyonce's guts than either of those two things happening.

Im not one to tell people how to think or vote, but basing it on Chicago's Mayor seems short sighted.

Having said that, I'll just say Id strongly consider the impact this next President will have on the Supreme court, and what that will likely mean for healthcare, affirmative action, abortion, welfare and any of the other issues coming down the pipe.

Id assume as a bernie supporter, you'd much rather have Hillary make those decisions than Trump, Cruz or anyone else on the Right

:yeshrug:

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rahm endorsed Bernie fwiw. Also, Rahm has no shot in hell for re-election unless he somehow miraculously overhauls the CPS and CPD. I have a better chance at getting up in Beyonce's guts than either of those two things happening.

Im not one to tell people how to think or vote, but basing it on Chicago's Mayor seems short sighted.

Having said that, I'll just say Id strongly consider the impact this next President will have on the Supreme court, and what that will likely mean for healthcare, affirmative action, abortion, welfare and any of the other issues coming down the pipe.

Id assume as a bernie supporter, you'd much rather have Hillary make those decisions than Trump, Cruz or anyone else on the Right

:yeshrug:
Rahm WILL get in. There is a 5% chance he doesn't. By then he'd already have worked some good will toward black folk. You already know how quickly alot forget. By no means am I say we should vote republican just cuz but us having no leverage is crippling

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
I wish I had the money to get into higher level politics.
The most I can do right now is hope to have a seat as an alderman or maybe city councilman. :to:

Ezra

Daps
You have to be extremely altruistic or corrupt to have a desire to get into politics. Im neither and have no desire. It interests me, and I did some volunteer work in college - but after experiencing that, I knew I wasn't about that life