The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
:whoo::mjcry:

City or Contractor...

If contractor you stuck as they have you sign off on damage papers. If the city then you have like a 2% chance of recouping:heh:

I'll either get some mexicans from home depot, or have the cat who built my house fix it. him and his crew is working on another house that's only a block away, so they can easily come here and knock out this project. we ain't signing no damn papers tho.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
all them folks protesting about rahm shoulda been at rauner neck for this budget though :sas2:

rahm can't do shyt to rauner. you think rauner gives a fukk? dude's damn near a billionaire. also he don't care if folks on the south side can't go to college. I'd be mad as hell if I'm a student at CSU. they were already on the verge of losing their accreditation, so if you're almost finished, it could potentially be all for nothing when jobs ain't recognizing your degree :mjcry:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Pain in the ass, but as long as you have the same paint, pretty easy and cheap to fix.

one more thing. if you live in the city of chicago and think you're gonna :eat: without a water meter. you got another thing coming.

my old house had no meter and it was cool at first. but the rates started going up exponentally. not only do the meters lock you into fixed pricing for 7 years, but the amount that you actually use is waaaaayyyyy less than what the city charges u these days for unmetered. I could run the water like crazy with 4 people in my house, and it'd cost like $60 for 2 months. whereas if I'm unmetered, they're gonna hit me with a $400 bill for 6 months. so it's more than twice as expensive.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
I don't give a damn about a blizzard in merrilville. out here in the chi, we got a dusting, and that shyt melted within 24 hours so it's like :yeshrug:

:mjlol:Breh it's still some snow on the ground on the soutside. I just seen it myself earlier. Literally rode the South Shore train into the city just a few hours ago. And you call that a dusting but to me anything more than 1 inch is epic. They shut the city down for a dusting where I'm from. Y'all nikkas just used to this foolishness. It's in the 60s and 70s this wknd back home. nikka it's fukking March Breh. This the s

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
:mjlol:Breh it's still some snow on the ground on the soutside. I just seen it myself earlier. Literally rode the South Shore train into the city just a few hours ago. And you call that a dusting but to me anything more than 1 inch is epic. They shut the city down for a dusting where I'm from. Y'all nikkas just used to this foolishness. It's in the 60s and 70s this wknd back home. nikka it's fukking March Breh. This the s

man joe, it's finna be like 50 tomorrow. you will see fools outside with shorts and t's on tomorrow :laugh:

a dusting of snow is laughable out here, cuz it's no big deal. this ain't the A. we used to snow. and plus it's almost march, so hopefully the worst is behind us now.

even tho it is gonna snow thursday again :damn:

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
man joe, it's finna be like 50 tomorrow. you will see fools outside with shorts and t's on tomorrow :laugh:

a dusting of snow is laughable out here, cuz it's no big deal. this ain't the A. we used to snow. and plus it's almost march, so hopefully the worst is behind us now.

even tho it is gonna snow thursday again :damn:

Breh I saw fools with short sleeves on the other day. Seen shyt like that before up here. That's how y'all roll I guess. We not built for this in the A. We enjoy our temperate winter

:mjlol:That dusting as you call it that y'all had the other day would've had nikkas off work still in the A

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
one more thing. if you live in the city of chicago and think you're gonna :eat: without a water meter. you got another thing coming.

my old house had no meter and it was cool at first. but the rates started going up exponentally. not only do the meters lock you into fixed pricing for 7 years, but the amount that you actually use is waaaaayyyyy less than what the city charges u these days for unmetered. I could run the water like crazy with 4 people in my house, and it'd cost like $60 for 2 months. whereas if I'm unmetered, they're gonna hit me with a $400 bill for 6 months. so it's more than twice as expensive.
yep...lotta folks bout to be mad with the garbage fee also but :yeshrug: it was either that or even higher property taxes
I work for the City & gotta hear complaints on a daily:snoop:
It's amazing how these alderman run game on they own constituents:scust:

MCMLXXIX

Rookie
Daps
yep...lotta folks bout to be mad with the garbage fee also but :yeshrug: it was either that or even higher property taxes

The nurse at my job has been talking about this for awhile. I told her that's not new from where I'm from. Hell, where I'm from, the city even sales their own trash bags.