The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
I just this dude beat this girl down to the grown in front of her kid near the green line. I would have recorded it:snoop:

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...entra-begins-tuesday-20140630,0,6271845.story
A 10-month transition to the new Ventra fare collection system on the CTA and Pace will be completed on Tuesday, when old fare cards will no longer be accepted, the transit agencies reminded riders today.

Bus customers on both systems will be required to pay fares with Ventra cards, contactless credit or debit cards, or cash starting Tuesday. Pace customers who pay with cash will no longer be sold a transfer, meaning that the full fare is charged for each ride when cash is used. The no-transfer policy when paying with cash already exists on the CTA.

More than 98 percent of CTA riders and about 70 percent of Pace riders have switched to Ventra since the new system was introduced late last summer, officials said.

Ventra cards are available at vending machines inside CTA rail stations, at many retail locations in Chicago and the suburbs, online at ventrachicago.com and by calling 877-669-8368.

The $5 new card fee will be waived until July 7 at the retail locations and for online and phone orders. Ventra cards issued at vending machines in CTA rail stations require a $5 fee, which is credited toward transit value if the card is registered.

Riders with old transit cards can transfer balances to Ventra cards through Sept. 1, officials said. Forms are available at transitchicago.com.

CTA fare cards eligible for mail-in balance transfers include unused magnetic stripe 30-day unlimited ride period passes and stored-value fare cards, including magnetic stripe fare cards, Chicago Cards and permits loaded at vending machines. The combined transit value on the cards must be at least $5 and there is an 8-card limit per customer.

RTA reduced and free ride customers can also use the mail-in option to transfer balances to their RTA-issued reduced or free ride Ventra cards. A mail-in option is available for Pace-only tickets and passes. Details are at pacebus.com/Ventra.

jhilkevitch@tribune.com

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
That storm last night. Half the trees on my block are gone.:huhldup:

I slept good though.:pachaha: