The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Art Barr has a lot to say about corrupt Chicago politics. He should be a Chicago politician when he grows up! (It's a wonder that Obama kept his hands as clean as he did. Chi-town & Newark are run by bribes & underhanded deals.)

Art Barr, read "Native Son" & tell us if you know the sections of Chicago in which Bigger Thomas had his criminal misadventures.

If bullets are shot at cars on the Skyway after dark, then the crime in the city is BOTH structural/organized & also random as hell. Tow truck workers shot during their shift for NO reason? A 12 year old school baby child shot while riding her bike on the sidewalk? LORD HAVE MERCY.

Niggrums playing in the bushes by the alley behind Obamas house are asking for a secret service-flavored ass kicking. No 2 ways about that. u_u

i hate ******'s son ,..ahem native son.

evrything about that book i hate.

the infuriating shyt bigger thomas does and the serial killer like instances that don't even point to any real sociological trauma,..that really triggers his behavior.

just some ol slavehand,..jive talk'n that bigboo bad ******,..bigger thomas.

i hate that book,..with a royal passion. i wish it was banned cause it paints the wackest picture of a black man possible .

of any book given noteworthy praise for being about black people.

they will make you read ****** thomas before the real and i hate that shyt.

anyway,..in the sections of where bigger was, working on the low end.

back in the days they picked you up for violation of segregation laws for being in the wrong areas period.

they even have poster worth alot of money that illustrste the fees and fines.

back then widespread in the ****** thomas days.

they displayed marketing of basically catch a ****** on our side of town and beat him down territorial justice.
i have been hoping to luck up one day and find on the side of an older condemned building in the area.

that is actually being re-gentrified back as we speak.

into luxury white housing slowly but surely.

while they build ****** concentration penal development camps in joliet, judson, dixon, elgin, etc.

when they relocate families who receive housing.

art barr

this city is crooked,..the politicians are wack and crooked, too.

i would be a pariah, cause i really tried to create REAL change. if i was a politician...being a pariah is the shyt, that i don't like.

Art Barr

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
Art Barr, I would +ive rep you, but the website says that it's too soon since the last time I +ve repped you.

Richard Wright's Bigger Thomas was inspired by actual black men & boys that Wright knew during his life. These ppl fought white oppression of blacks: sometimes impulsively, often violently, but rarely strategically. Wright grew up to be a NON-violent Communist & an acclaimed writer. He married a white woman and quit the USA for Europe. He didn't live to see the 1960s Civil Rights era. Both Wright & his written characters yearned for American blacks to be free.

So Bigger Thomas doesn't suit ya. Have you read Claude Brown's "Manchild in the Promised Land?"

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Art Barr, I would +ive rep you, but the website says that it's too soon since the last time I +ve repped you.

Richard Wright's Bigger Thomas was inspired by actual black men & boys that Wright knew during his life. These ppl fought white oppression of blacks: sometimes impulsively, often violently, but rarely strategically. Wright grew up to be a NON-violent Communist & an acclaimed writer. He married a white woman and quit the USA for Europe. He didn't live to see the 1960s Civil Rights era. Both Wright & his written characters yearned for American blacks to be free.

So Bigger Thomas doesn't suit ya. Have you read Claude Brown's "Manchild in the Promised Land?"

i will check out, manchild.

that sounds good,......

art barr

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me
pos rep

i made the chicago murder thread on sohh

heres a link of all the dudes merked already this year

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Ara-YVofdq9jdHBlal9OaGhWUDFsbkNFbkpraV9tS3c&output=html

quiet day only 3 brehs merked

whats really good wit you guys over there? Come to toronto where we got fine ass bytches, average less murders in a year then chciago in a couple months. and if a nicca do try to murk you, we got that free healthcare on deck.

its like ww3 over there in chicago :smh:

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:( just damn :smh: :no:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...re-department-may-13-20120512,0,6741013.story

At least five young children lost their mothers in an automobile accident Saturday night, just minutes before Mother's Day.

The four women, all friends, died when the car they were in hit a support column for an elevated Green Line track on Lake Street just west of Cicero Avenue in the Austin community late Saturday night, authorities said.

Family identified three of the women as Ieshia Nelson, 21; Tyshyra Hines, 21; and Bernadette Harris, 25. All three were mothers, family said. The fourth victim was identified as Alicia Goston, 22, by the Cook County medical examiner's office.

Three of the women died at the scene. Nelson, of the 1200 block of North Lockwood Avenue, was pronounced dead at Mount Sinai Hospital at 12:48 a.m., according to the office.

The car, traveling at a "high rate of speed," ran into a light pole after hitting the CTA column and split into two about 11:55 p.m., according to a statement from Chicago police. No other information about the crash was available Sunday afternoon.

"Every one of them is a mother," said Hines' father, Anthony. "You can't explain it."

Relatives said the women had been out for the night, possibly attending a party. But no one could piece together what led up to the crash. Anthony Hines said he believes that Nelson was driving the car.

"I don't know what happened," Anthony Hines said.

Harris' sister, Sheila Harris said, the young women didn't go out a lot. Instead, they focused their attention on their kids, work and school.

She said her sister, mother to three children ages 4, 6 and 8, was a good mother who wanted her kids to succeed. At least one of her children had recently been accepted into a gifted program at school.

"She'd go above and beyond for her kids," said Sheila Harris, 35. "She was an outstanding mother."

As of late this morning, she said the young children had not yet been told about their mother's death, but would be told today – Mother's Day.

"It adds a lot of hurt and pain," she said of the day.

Sheila Harris said her sister worked as a home caregiver for the elderly.

"She was a very kind-hearted person," Harris said of her sister, whom people called "Bern."

Hines said his daughter Tyshyra was the mother of a 5-year-old boy.

"She was a good person," he said of her daughter. "Easy to get along with."

He said Tyshyra Hines worked as a cashier at a local pizzeria and attended classes downtown, though he did not know what school she was enrolled in.

Ieshia Nelson was the mother of a 2-year-old boy, her mother Yvette Harris said.

"This is something hard," Harris said. "They're all moms."

A neighbor, Ashley Henderson said she would see Nelson taking her son to a nearby park to play.

"She was a good mother," Henderson, 24, said. "She loved her son."

The Chicago Police Department Major Accidents Investigations Unit is investigating the crash and will eventually do an accident reconstruction to determine the rate of speed and the cause of the accident.

bschlikerman@tribune.com and pnickeas@tribune.com

Niki

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town!
Violence in this city is almost always in areas that one can expect them to happen. As soon as one is mentioned on the news, it is hardly ever a shock once the location is announced.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know, right? You could this for every major city. I hate nikkas pretending like this shyt isn't happening everywhere.

The structure and the way the killings happen. I mean why does Chicago and NYC have the same amount of murders? Why random violence in Detroit or Minneapolis but Chicago has murders on the south and mansions in the north. Like Mr Barr said chicago violence is structured.

Plus shyt like this:

Home > News > Breaking news
Newlywed, still in wedding dress, found stabbed to death in tub
The last time her family saw Estrella Carrera, she had just gotten married to the father of her youngest child.

They started getting worried the next day when the 26-year-old Carrera failed to pick up the child, a 2-year-old boy, and her 9-year-old daughter. On Sunday, a sister called police.

Officers arriving at Carrera's apartment in Burbank found her dead of stab wounds in a dry bath tub. She was still wearing her wedding dress. Authorities said they believe the slaying was domestic, but would not elaborate. No one is currently in custody, police said.

"We never thought this would happen, she was a strong woman. . .She loved her kids," Carrera's cousin Jaime Lopez said. "Reality still hasn't hit me."

Carrera had gotten married to the father of her son Friday but told few people, according to another cousin, Sandy Lopez.
Newlywed, still in wedding dress, found stabbed to death in tub - chicagotribune.com

J-MIL

Fly Sh!t Only
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, The 100's
sh1t get wild in the chi everytime the temp reaches 60 or more.

sad part about it is, most of it aint even gang related, its some personal beefs that escalate then friends get added on, family get involved, somebody gets killed then its retaliation then the cycle repeats.

last summer in englewood around 63-67 halsted a war carried on not even over some gang sh1t, 2 families got into it at a bar b que in a back yard and the sh1t kicked off and kept going all damn summer.

this year in the same area some dude robbed the barber shop and a war has kicked off stemming from that incident.

around where i work, 63rd western dudes are into it over who can make money on that strip from 61st in western to 63rd

sh1t is sad.

we have to get better. next the national guards will be in our hoods and 9pm curfews will be implemented.

but the southside is not all that bad, just stay out the crowds that you know ignorance will take place. i travel where i grew up (59th-67th normal)all the time and its all good for me. i just dont hang out there when the bs escalates i carry my azz home to my wife and kids in bolingbrook and im about to move to plainfield :win:

dont think downtown too safe either, you make a visit to chicago when the taste of chicago going and you can guarantee some incidents will take place downtown.

Plainfield is nice breh my girl and her fam used to live out there. Way too many cacs out there for me tho. Me and my girl moving to Romeoville next summer