The Official Charlotte, NC Discussion Thread

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
I know like 7 people that work at Wells and a few of them were talking about this.
Damn, I remember applying for a phone banker position at the one on WT Harris a few years ago after graduating but ended up going elsewhere. A lot of people work in that department but it can also be easily outsourced. Im sure quite a few of them will be axed.

:francis:

Henry Orbit

Wave Gods
Daps
Reppin
The Old North State
Was parked in food lion parking lot behind the Hardee’s at WT Harris and The Plaza(intersection with QT, Shell, Hardee’s, and another Shell) when a fair one broke out :ehh:

I respect this. :ehh: Handle your problems with your fists, and live to see another day.

Kind of sad last night watching the local news reporting on a homicide, and seeing this woman on the local news telling the community "put the guns away"

Gator48

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was parked in food lion parking lot behind the Hardee’s at WT Harris and The Plaza(intersection with QT, Shell, Hardee’s, and another Shell) when a fair one broke out :ehh:

By my son's old barbershop...

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
Damn, I remember applying for a phone banker position at the one on WT Harris a few years ago after graduating but ended up going elsewhere. A lot of people work in that department but it can also be easily outsourced. Im sure quite a few of them will be axed.

:francis:
Most ppl I know are mid to senior level now. I think one is in compliance. But F*ck Wells tho. They’ve never hired me. Somebody must not like me in their HR dept... or I’m flagged for some reason lol.

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I heard that dating in Charlotte is horrible, is that true?

and that sucks reading about Wells Fargo maybe I should wait till things get back to normal over there before moving there

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.
Lulu's is packed:damn::damn:
shyt hasn't been open for damn near 30 minutes wth is going on:damn:

Daps
https://www.charlotteobserver.com/charlottefive/c5-around-town/c5-development/article246754151.html

This Charlotte chicken and seafood favorite will open a second spot. Here’s where.
By Jessica Swannie

October 29, 2020 01:15 PM,
Updated October 29, 2020 01:36 PM
image0%20(28).jpeg

The rendering of the new Lulu’s showcases the vision for the space. Courtesy of The LEPR Agency
Miketa and Joseph “Jay” Davis are unstoppable.

When COVID-19 tried to cancel their wedding plans, they pulled together a last-minute wedding on the lake.

When many Charlotte restaurants were closing, Lulu’s Maryland Style Chicken and Seafood — the couples’ first restaurant — was serving lines of cars that wrapped around the building.

Now, Lulu’s, which recently participated in Charlotte’s Black Restaurant Week, will celebrate its one-year anniversary on Nov. 1, complete with expanded hours seven days per week, beginning at 11 a.m. And that’s not all — the Davises also announced a new location, set to open in early 2021 on Central Avenue in Plaza Midwood.

“We did our first year through COVID-19 and survived,” Jay said.

“It’s amazing,” Miketa said. “Especially in the restaurant business, to make it to one year and to have the success that we’ve had even through COVID-19.”

‘A getaway within the city’
The couples’ tremendous success can be attributed to hard work, good food and having an eye on the future.

“I’m always looking for ideas for different things we can do next, ways we can branch off and do the next best thing,” Jay said.

DSC_1048.jpg

Jay and Miketa Davis are celebrating the one-year anniversary of Lulu’s Maryland Style Chicken and Seafood, complete with the announcement of a new location. Alvin C. Jacobs Jr./Courtesy of The LEPR Agency

When Jay first moved to Charlotte, he told Miketa that he wanted the building directly across the street from where he lived on Central Avenue.

“Even then I had no idea what was going on with Central Avenue. I just wanted to put something business-wise over there,” Jay said.

While that building is no longer standing, the new Lulu’s location is directly across the street from Jay’s original vision.

“He’s a very big idea dreamer, always looking steps ahead,” Miketa said. “One of the things that he said even through COVID-19 was that he really wanted to have six or seven locations in Charlotte or the surrounding areas in three years. And I think for him, when we found this spot, it was just perfect based on the concept.”

image1%20(20).jpeg

The new Lulu’s location will be double the size of the original location. Courtesy of The LEPR Agency
The new location will add to an already-successful menu and concept with brunch offerings.

“One of the things that a lot of people don’t know is when we first opened up [the original] location, we were talking about trying to do breakfast or brunch concept,” Miketa said. “But the building was way too small. And we were just starting out — we never owned a restaurant. So I think so when we saw this [new] location, we knew a lot of people brunch on Central, where there’s a lot of the best spots to go to. And so when we saw that, our concept for having brunch — or being able to bring that concept back — was a good thing.”

The new menu will feature the top sellers from the original Lulu’s location and will add items that cater to a more relaxed brunch and dinner feel.

“This changed the atmosphere a little bit, but [with] some of the same favorites,” Jay said. “We’re keeping our roots the same.”

And the space?

“The best way I could put it is kind of jazzy. Calm, relaxing,” Jay said. “A getaway within the city.”

DSC_1094.jpg

Newlyweds Jay and Miketa haven’t let the COVID-19 pandemic stop them from following their dreams. Alvin C. Jacobs Jr./Courtesy of The LEPR Agency
The Central Avenue Lulu’s will be double the size of the original Lulu’s location. Expect indoor and outdoor seating.

The Davises are most excited about tweaking the recipes and bringing the new concept to life.

“Even though it’s still a Lulu’s, it’s a new venture,’ Jay said. “So there’s this level of excitement of building this next thing and seeing how it goes.”

Jay likened the current state of the restaurant as the “pregnancy phase.”

“We can’t wait to meet the baby,” he said, as Miketa laughed.

DSC_1095.jpg

Jay and Miketa Davis have been busy with weddings and restaurant openings, but they always have time to make each other laugh. Alvin C. Jacobs Jr./Courtesy of The LEPR Agency
The couple is excited that the new concept will allow them to interact more with the customers and staff, given the larger size.

“I’m actually most excited to live in the space of something we created,” Miketa said. “I think one of the biggest things with Lulu’s to begin with is that we created it because it was a piece of Maryland — a piece of us — that we didn’t necessarily have here, but that we wanted to share with everyone else. I think now having this space will work,” Miketa said.

“Instead of making reservations to go to dinner or brunch somewhere else, we’re going to add our own place and our own spot where we can go and we can enjoy the atmosphere and the food and the drinks,” Miketa said. “And to know it’s something that we created. I think that’s amazing.”

Lulu’s Maryland Style Chicken & Seafood
2400 Tuckaseegee Road, and opening in 2021 at 2308 Central Ave.

Instagram: @lulus_restaurant_charlotte

Henry Orbit

Wave Gods
Daps
Reppin
The Old North State

and that sucks reading about Wells Fargo maybe I should wait till things get back to normal over there before moving there
I'm not sure what the male-to-female ratio is in Charlotte, but I feel like I've seen too many dudes fight over the same women

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Na..... dating here is great.

It’s a big city, truth be told if you seeing same chicks. Your not really moving around like that.

All the little sections around here bring different flavors and types of women