The Official Charlotte, NC Discussion Thread

Towlie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How was that Lulu’s? I tried to go months ago & never made it back over there

It was straight. I just got a shrimp platter with greens, fries, and mac and cheese.

Nothing to wait in a long line for. I think the draw is their crab cakes which I didn't have.

I would go to Po Boy's over Lulu's

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
If anyone is selling a cargo van or pick up truck lemme know brehs. My car is too small for what I’m trying to do.

Daps
Charlotte Black Restaurant Week kicks off its fourth year - Q City Metro

Charlotte Black Restaurant Week kicks off its fourth year
This year's event will bring attention to an economic sector that has struggled amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
Freshwaters-1.jpeg

Photo: Freshwaters Restaurant
By Jonathan Limehouse
October 19, 2020

Charlotte Black Restaurant Week begins today and will run through Oct. 31, spotlighting Black-owned food spots for a fourth straight year.

The annual event, hosted by Black Business Owners of Charlotte (BBOC), will bring attention to an economic sector that has struggled amid the Covid-19 pandemic. Under Phase 3 of Gov. Roy Cooper’s plan for reopening the state’s economy, restaurants remain subject to capacity limits and other restrictions for in-person dining.

“We’re working closely with restaurants to ensure they follow strict guidelines put forth by Gov. Cooper,” Cathay Dawkins, founder and CEO of BBOC, said. “We are also encouraging owners to add more outside dining, join a third-party delivery service (such as Uber Eats) and use reservation services like Open Table.”

Restaurants that participate in the annual event agree to offer customer discounts, up to 50% in some instances, according to the event’s web site.

One of the week’s signature events, Black Food Truck Friday, is scheduled for Oct. 30 from 3-9 p.m. at Car Stereo Wholesale (3146 Freedom Drive ). Dawkins told QCity Metro in September that BBOC was “treading lightly” in terms of hosting the food truck event and even considered doing a drive-thru event in its place.

Charlotte Black Restaurant Week has generated more than $4 million in economic impact since its inception in 2017, according to BBOC estimates.

Participating restaurants:

• Freshwaters
  • Sweet Creations of Charlotte
  • LuLu’s Maryland-style Chicken & Seafood
  • True Blue Catering & More
  • Cuzzo’s Cuisine
  • Koffee Kup
  • Ruthie’s
  • The Nappy Chef
  • La’Wan’s Soulfood
  • Mr. Seafood Charlotte
  • Renaldo’s Culinary Experience
  • Stats Restaurant & Bar
Specialty Shops:

• BW Sweets Bakery
  • Hip Hop Smoothies
  • Candy’s Sweets N’ Treats

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
Are y’all still staying in? I went to a few clubs over the weekend. One of them (sports one) there was barely any social distancing, it got crowded quick, not everyone had on masks. But then stats required masks and you could only dance at your table/section. I went to la revolucion and it was like sportsone—people dancing, some in masks, some not, no real social distancing. I still haven’t gotten covid and I go out regularly(here’s hoping I’m not jinxing myself).

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Are y’all still staying in? I went to a few clubs over the weekend. One of them (sports one) there was barely any social distancing, it got crowded quick, not everyone had on masks. But then stats required masks and you could only dance at your table/section. I went to la revolucion and it was like sportsone—people dancing, some in masks, some not, no real social distancing. I still haven’t gotten covid and I go out regularly(here’s hoping I’m not jinxing myself).

Clubs:picard::picard::picard::picard:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I know, I know. I’m actually getting ready to enter hibernation mode.:snoop: I’m so over COVID. How have you been?

You sounding like the people Trump was talking about is his speech last week:dwillhuh:

Man..... I’m ok. shyt I’m utilizing this time to improve myself and catch up on shyt

Hell I’m taking a class that I’m hoping is going to lead me to a new career path