The Official Charlotte, NC Discussion Thread

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
Trying to open a gamer bar/lounge maybe somewhere in the university area. Would like to open it to teens during the summer and host gaming camps and seminars.

Just need to decide if I wanna go non-profit and then switch to a for-profit business or just use my own savings to start up as a business...:patrice:

Attending Hoshicon in Charlotte let me know there is a LOT of moolah to be made from that crowd.
Hosting gaming competitions, geek speed dating, cosplay weekends, nerdy trivia night?

I just need the revenue to start up. I already got the design down. It'll look like a really upscale internet bar me and some of my friends used to go to in Japan.

Any potential investors? Sponsors? I'm sitting on a really untapped market in Charlotte.

Interesting.

University is probably the perfect place..the issue is that retail space along with rents in that area are going, up and up with that rail line nearing completion. Definitely would want to jump on that before getting priced out but that's something really interesting to me..UNC Charlotte folks would fall in even with the rail being operable.

Daps
Imagine if you just wanted some coffee and walked in on this :mjlol:

giphy.gif

Trump backers hold sit-in at Starbucks after staff mocks woman in Trump T-shirt

received_10212090641835796

Scene inside the Starbucks James Tatro
Local
June 26, 2017 8:29 AM
Trump backers hold sit-in at Starbucks after staff mocks woman in Trump T-shirt
By Mark Price

msprice@charlotteobserver.com

A group of Republicans turned the tables on a Charlotte Starbucks Saturday, after its staff was accused of mocking a customer for wearing a Donald Trump tee-shirt.

Starting at 2 p.m., more than 50 T-shirt wearing Trump backers staged a peaceful gathering at the Dilworth coffee house, filling chairs, tables and even the parking lot at one point.

The group told TV station Fox 46 the sit-in was a little tense at the beginning, when a throng of people filed through the door. But the mood lightened as more and more people ordered coffee using the names of different members of the Trump cabinet, including Mike Pence and Jeff Sessions.

“I gave them the name Trump and...they were very gracious about it,” Shellie Anderson told Charlotte TV station Fox 46. “We just wanted to reverse the little negativity...It’s really good to come together and take something negative and just come in here and be respectful.”

The group presented no demands. Instead, its members sought to take a stand against any business disrespecting customers based on their politics, said James Tatro, a MeckGOP board member who participated in the event.

While it has been described as a sit-in, Tatro says the crowd was made up of paying customers and not just “people who were filling chairs.”

“We wanted the staff to see that Trump supporters are just as human as anyone else,” he said. “We live in a diverse city. It’s unacceptable in a modern society to make a customer feel uncomfortable, whether it’s a liberal business mistreating a conservative customer or a conservative business mistreating a liberal customer.”

The Mecklenburg County Republican Party posted on their Facebook page that the event was “a perfect example of a peaceful political demonstration.” The party reported that participants included representatives of the MeckGOP Board, Deplorable Pride (an LGBT Republican group), Hispanics For Trump, Women For Trump and even some independent voters. Republican Rep. William Brawley of Matthews also attended, and spoke to the crowd.

Starbucks has formally apologized for the original incident, which took place earlier this month. Kayla Hart of Charlotte reported she was wearing a shirt in support of President Donald Trump at the Starbucks and was bullied and laughed at by the staff.

Instead of the barista putting Hart’s name on her cup, she said the label had the phrase “Build a Wall,” in reference to the president’s campaign promise to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexican border.

Hart, who did not participate in the Saturday event, told FOX 46 Charlotte she walked out when other people noticed and other baristas laughed. She said she believed she was being bullied for wearing the shirt. “I just found it really sad that I can’t wear a T-shirt with our president without being made fun of,” Hart told FOX 46 Charlotte.

Reggie Borges, a spokesman for Starbucks’ corporate office in Seattle, said the company was working with the barista and using the incident as a teaching moment. “This experience is absolutely not consistent with our standards or the respectful experience we want to provide to our customers,” Borges said.

Tatro said the Mecklenburg County Republican Party feels the apology was acceptable – as long as the bullying stops. He calls what happened to Kayla Hart “terrible.”

“I think it not only hurt her feelings, but discouraged her from being involved in political process,” he said. “Many Trump supporters are afraid to wear Trump gear for that reason...It’s a shame that some people only feel comfortable when it’s group of 40 people or so.”

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
So that new public pool Double Oaks or whatever opened up on Statesville last Thursday. Its free this weekend.

If the weather hold up.... may go out in a bit since it closes at 7

Martha

My dude took his kids there last weekend.

Told me that there were some bad ass women out there and that it was packed, so packed that they had to have CMPD out there.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
My dude took his kids there last weekend.

Told me that there were some bad ass women out there and that it was packed, so packed that they had to have CMPD out there.

I went Sunday.... it was straight. Yea there were a few chicks out when I went but it was mostly like high school and middle school kids.... like a LOT.

Tell your dude to Roll Safe

589b4da582250818d81e748f.png

Martha

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I got a friend out in Charlotte, that was his mans... He posted about his funeral this past weekend on FB/IG... sad stuff :to:

Breh, I'm still not over this shyt...... The crazy thing about, dude's birthday was this past Saturday July 1st. He literally was taken a week before his born day. Life is cruel sometime breh.