Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
When Keith said I'm not rematching Porter, Swift, or fighting Spence

He's talking bout next??

If that's the case ... of course he coming off over a year layoff N ANOTHER injury

If he meant even after the tune up he not fighting one of them 3 names :patrice:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I have no problem with what Thurman said. Him and Spence is the fight to make at welter unless Bud finally decides to fight someone that we don't expect him to wipe his ass with.

It's not like Thurman is saying he gonna fight the man next and then fights someone else.....*cough Canelo cough*

and its not like he's saying he'll never fight the guy ever either..

We already know how Keith operates against prime undefeated punchers (Chaves) werewolf aggressive swarmers (Porter) and hard hitting counter punchers (Swift)
Lets give Spence a chance to catch up a lil with the Peterson fight and see what other wrinkles he has in his game. Another fight or 2 after PED won't hurt.

The biggest problem with all of these proposed big fights, is just the current state of the sport where guys fight once or twice a year, not enough cards where viable opponents are built up to face the elites and the A sides don't fight often enough to where they can share the same career trajectory.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
“He’s a tremendous fighter. He’s a champion, as well. He defeated a great champion. But the thing is, I just saw him in New York, right? When I first got back to America. He stepped up and said he’s ready to fight me whenever. Honestly, people can say what they want to say. I’m not going to fight him right now. I wouldn’t fight him right now. I’m not gonna fight Shawn Porter, I wouldn’t rematch Danny Garcia, I wouldn’t fight any of those guys right now. There’s no point. If I do have a mandatory around the corner, it just pushes things back."

"The fans can say whatever they want to say, but I just know how this sport works and how the business works. Plus, as much as I respect Errol Spence, he’s still a young, fresh champion. It’s not gonna hurt him by having a few title defenses, me getting back into the ring, doing what I want to do, before we see each other. If he’s that dude, he’s gonna keep his ‘0,’ I’m gonna keep my ‘0,’ we’re gonna see each other sooner than later, anyways. We’re gonna see each other eventually down the line."

"There is no Floyd Mayweather-Keith Thurman fight. There is no Manny Pacquiao-Keith Thurman fight. So if EJ’s gonna be my big fight, let it be the big fight."

“I know I’m not rushing into it."

“Me and my team, we know what we want from our career. And another thing, too, is we can make these fights happen practically at any time. It’ll happen at a good time. It most likely will happen on my time."

“As a champion of the world, I wish I could just say, ‘F that, I’m fighting Errol Spence.’ But I know better than that, to come off of the bench."

Keith Thurman: Fight with Errol Spence needs time to become bigger

#Thurminators....come get your boy @LauderdaleBoss @King P @reservoirdogs :francis:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with what he said. I don't get the hate on his decision making :why: He's coming off of major elbow surgery, and has been out of the ring since March 2017. Yet folks want him to jump right in there with the likes of Porter and Spence?:mindblown: Let that man get his tuneup which will happen in the Spring. Then the mandatory against Porter which will happen in in the Fall. Then he fights Spence in early 2019. Why is that controversial around here?:rudy:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
As far as I'm concerned, Thurman/Spence this is THE Welterweight fight, so it should be built up properly. Could do big numbers if so.

@Newzz I know that Spence is your boy and you're just pressed to validate him and put him over, so I'll let you cook

Spence doesn't need validation...he already has Kell Brook on his resume and about to have Lamont Peterson. Come February 1st, his best 2 wins are = to Thurman's best 2 wins........and he's already P4P stamped while Thurman has never been a P4P fighter:smugbiden:

I want Spence vs Thurman, because I've been saying Thurman has been ducking him for 4 years now.....2018 will make a 5th straight year:wow:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with what he said. I don't get the hate on his decision making :why: He's coming off of major elbow surgery, and has been out of the ring since March 2017. Yet folks want him to jump right in there with the likes of Porter and Spence?:mindblown: Let that man get his tuneup which will happen in the Spring. Then the mandatory against Porter which will happen in in the Fall. Then he fights Spence in early 2019. Why is that controversial around here?:rudy:

"He's been avoiding a fight vs Spence for 4 years now....what's a 5th?" - Thurman stans :mjlol:

#TruthSeekers

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Dillain Whyte vs Lucas Browne March 24.
Whyte is the brown guy and Browne is the white guy

bSkqitr.png

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Spence doesn't need validation...he already has Kell Brook on his resume and about to have Lamont Peterson. Come February 1st, his best 2 wins are = to Thurman's best 2 wins........and he's already P4P stamped while Thurman has never been a P4P fighter:smugbiden:

I want Spence vs Thurman, because I've been saying Thurman has been ducking him for 4 years now.....2018 will make a 5th straight year:wow:

"He's been avoiding a fight vs Spence for 4 years now....what's a 5th?" - Thurman stans :mjlol:

#TruthSeekers

Breh I love Spence and Thurman both, and to be honest I'm sad they have to fight each other but an 0 has to go. But lets keep it honest breh. Keep it honest. Keep it honest. :comeon: Thurman was supposed to fight Spence 5 years ago? :mjlol: Four years ago? :mjlol: Three years ago? :mjlol: etc, etc, etc. Spence only just this past year got a strap and stopped paying dues.

Did Floyd, Manny, Bradley, Porter, Kell, etc., give Thurman a shot when he was on the come up? :sas1: but Thurman was supposed to do that for Spence huh? :sas2: Yeah okay........

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Breh I love Spence and Thurman both, and to be honest I'm sad they have to fight each other but an 0 has to go. But lets keep it honest breh. Keep it honest. Keep it honest. :comeon: Thurman was supposed to fight Spence 5 years ago? :mjlol: Four years ago? :mjlol: Three years ago? :mjlol: etc, etc, etc. Spence only just this past year got a strap and stopped paying dues.

Did Floyd, Manny, Bradley, Porter, Kell, etc., give Thurman a shot when he was on the come up? :sas1: but Thurman was supposed to do that for Spence huh? :sas2: Yeah okay........

People been avoiding Errol Spence for years breh...its just facts.

Thurman was asking for 10 million all the way back in 2013 to face Spence...he still avoiding :francis:

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
People been avoiding Errol Spence for years breh.

He ain't got but 22 fights? :mjlol: but folks been ducking him for.......get this.....everybody ................years. :francis: stop it. We going off of the Loma amateur years automatically demand championship fights fresh out the gate of turning pro huh? :francis:

Everybody gotta pay dues except Errol. Yeah okay.