Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Why doesn't Berchelt get any heat to fight Loma like Tank does? Dude has a belt, he should be pushed to unify, vice versa as well, Loma and his team should be asked why they're not pursuing Berchelt.

They did pursue him, it seems that Berchelt is choosing to go in a different direction.

"I heard that somebody from Top Rank is already talking about a unification. We want to unify titles. I think they've been talking to (Miguel) Berchelt, the WBC title-holder or any other unification," said Lomachenko's manager, Egis Klimas, to BoxingScene.com.

"If we can't get anything interesting at 130, we're going to be moving up to 135," he added.

Berchelt had been ordered to make a mandatory defense against the winner of Orlando Salido vs. Miguel Roman, as that contest was set for the WBC interim-title. But then HBO cut the contest down to a ten rounder and the WBC interim-belt was pulled from the fight by the sanctioning body - so it remains to be seen if the WBC issues an order for Berchelt to fight Roman, who knocked out Salido in the ninth round.

The latest WBC rankings now have Roman in the number 1 super featherweight position, which was previously occupied by Salido.

Lomachenko Manager: Preference is To Unify at 130

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Then Berchelt needs to get hit with the same energy Tank getting

They did pursue him, it seems that Berchelt is choosing to go in a different direction.

"I heard that somebody from Top Rank is already talking about a unification. We want to unify titles. I think they've been talking to (Miguel) Berchelt, the WBC title-holder or any other unification," said Lomachenko's manager, Egis Klimas, to BoxingScene.com.

"If we can't get anything interesting at 130, we're going to be moving up to 135," he added.

Berchelt had been ordered to make a mandatory defense against the winner of Orlando Salido vs. Miguel Roman, as that contest was set for the WBC interim-title. But then HBO cut the contest down to a ten rounder and the WBC interim-belt was pulled from the fight by the sanctioning body - so it remains to be seen if the WBC issues an order for Berchelt to fight Roman, who knocked out Salido in the ninth round.

The latest WBC rankings now have Roman in the number 1 super featherweight position, which was previously occupied by Salido.

Lomachenko Manager: Preference is To Unify at 130

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

“He’s a tremendous fighter. He’s a champion, as well. He defeated a great champion. But the thing is, I just saw him in New York, right? When I first got back to America. He stepped up and said he’s ready to fight me whenever. Honestly, people can say what they want to say. I’m not going to fight him right now. I wouldn’t fight him right now. I’m not gonna fight Shawn Porter, I wouldn’t rematch Danny Garcia, I wouldn’t fight any of those guys right now. There’s no point. If I do have a mandatory around the corner, it just pushes things back."

"The fans can say whatever they want to say, but I just know how this sport works and how the business works. Plus, as much as I respect Errol Spence, he’s still a young, fresh champion. It’s not gonna hurt him by having a few title defenses, me getting back into the ring, doing what I want to do, before we see each other. If he’s that dude, he’s gonna keep his ‘0,’ I’m gonna keep my ‘0,’ we’re gonna see each other sooner than later, anyways. We’re gonna see each other eventually down the line."

"There is no Floyd Mayweather-Keith Thurman fight. There is no Manny Pacquiao-Keith Thurman fight. So if EJ’s gonna be my big fight, let it be the big fight."

“I know I’m not rushing into it."

“Me and my team, we know what we want from our career. And another thing, too, is we can make these fights happen practically at any time. It’ll happen at a good time. It most likely will happen on my time."

“As a champion of the world, I wish I could just say, ‘F that, I’m fighting Errol Spence.’ But I know better than that, to come off of the bench."

Keith Thurman: Fight with Errol Spence needs time to become bigger

#Thurminators....come get your boy @LauderdaleBoss @King P @reservoirdogs :francis:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Canelo's promoter saying Saunders won't ever get a fight with Canelo because he runs too much like Lara:mjlol:
That's Saunders fault. He had the fight offered to him for canelo's debut at 160. They were gonna put him on the undercard of the canelo-liam Smith fight. But Saunders bytched up and pulled out. Canelo has too much experience for him anyway. He's not ready for canelo.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
As far as I'm concerned, Thurman/Spence this is THE Welterweight fight, so it should be built up properly. Could do big numbers if so.

@Newzz I know that Spence is your boy and you're just pressed to validate him and put him over, so I'll let you cook