Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
No my friend, you need to stop it. Just because Mikey isn't fighting Easter, doesn't mean he's avoiding him. He has the opportunity to get a fight against Swift, a la BATB having to fight Abregu to get Pac, so he's gonna fight Fig newton to do it.

On to the point of my original post. Loma has been fighting Mikey's previous opponents (pointed out months ago) then threw mild shots when Mikey was safely a division away. Now that it looks like Mikey will be fighting 140+ Loma moves up :yeshrug: I guess his timing is just careful. Likewise, Mikey got too much fire power for Loma. Which I said 8 months ago, and I'm saying the same thing now. Props to Loma for having the balls to keep moving up, but he don't want the fade with MG IMO.

Again, you said Lomachenko is avoiding Mikey Garcia. How? By facing Rigo? Sorry breh................but :forreal:

Did you forget that Lomachenko called Mikey out?

“Let’s talk about that. I read that interview when he was talking about that he destroyed Salido,” Lomachenko told Campbell. “I especially looked at that bout and he got lucky because he broke his nose. After the fourth or fifth round, Salido had already gotten to him and was ready to destroy.”

“If we want to talk about Rocky Martinez, let me ask you: Who was on the floor from Rocky Martinez? Yes, [Garcia] got a lucky punch and knocked him out in the eighth round, which I did in the fifth round. So we can talk about that as much as we can but if he wants to get my attention and he’s going to be staying at the 135, I’m going to come up at 135 too.

“If, right now, people are talking more about me, with me being the foreigner in this country, and not talking about him, that’s not a problem. We can meet in a few fights to find out who is better.”

- See more at: Lomachenko Fires Back, SHREDS Mikey Garcia and His Wins - Boxing News

[/SIZE]“Listen, if Mikey Garcia’s interested in the fight, have his guys call us,” an agitated duBoef said during a conference call Monday to promote Lomachenko’s 130-pound title fight against Miguel Marriaga on Saturday night in Los Angeles. “We’re in. Any time. Any time. I mean, the guy leaves us and then he mentions the three guys I wanna fight are Pacquiao, Crawford and Lomachenko [all promoted by Top Rank]. Why would you leave and go on strike for two years? I hate to call it how it is, guys.”

Garcia’s third performance since he came back last summer was his most impressive. The Oxnard, California, native moved up from 135 pounds to 140 and out-boxed four-division champion Adrien Broner to win a 12-round unanimous decision Saturday night at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

After beating Broner (33-3, 24 KOs, 1 NC), Garcia reiterated his desire to embrace big challenges. He mentioned Lomachenko (8-1, 6 KOs), Crawford (31-0, 22 KOs), WBA lightweight champion Jorge Linares (42-3, 27 KOs) and even WBA/WBC welterweight champion Keith Thurman (28-0, 22 KOs, 1 NC) as potential opponents.

DuBoef scoffed at the idea Garcia is willing to take the toughest fights.

“I am sick and tired of people filling you guys with a bunch of bullsh*t,” duBoef said, “and telling you that they wanna fight the greatest fighters out there and they’re available. That is complete nonsense. Mikey Garcia turned down [Yuriorkis] Gamboa, which would’ve made him something. So don’t tell me he’s striving to fight the best out there. He then came and said, ‘Oh, I wanna fight Pacquiao,’ after a two-year layoff. ‘I wanna fight Crawford. I wanna fight Lomachenko.’ Great. We’re here. His f***ing trainer shows up to say, ‘Hey, we wanna talk about it.’ And then he goes off and makes a Broner fight. Stop the nonsense. Stop it.

“These guys, they yap bullsh*t to you guys and that they’re these pristine people. They don’t go out there and create making matches. Vasyl has never dodged anybody. Crawford never dodged anybody. … They fight everybody out there. I hate these guys that tell them, ‘Oh, the reason why [is] they wanted the big fights out there.’ [And] he couldn’t fight Gamboa. Nonsense.”

Top Rank's duBoef Rips Mikey Garcia, Open to Garcia-Lomachenko - Boxing News

I'll stop there....you already know I have all the receipts on Loma vs Mikey & about 10+ more to post if need be:sas2:

Did Mikey step up and call to face Loma? No, he didn't. Surprisingly, he no longer knows the number to the TR or the #AboutBillions hotline....but yet he can call the Waste Disposal and find Figueroa at 147:jbhmm:

So, if Loma is avoiding Mikey (:heh:), then Mikey is definitely avoiding Easter. You don't negotiate with Flanagan, Linares, and skip over Easter........to face Figueroa:comeon:

Loma is facing Rigo instead of Mikey. Mikey is facing Figueroa instead of Easter. The writing has been on the wall, it's just taking one of them CSI joints to show up for you:hubie:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Vasyl Lomachenko, who's called out Mikey Garcia, is avoiding him to face Rigo and then moving up to 135.:jbhmm:

Mikey Garcia, who has spoke to Flanagan & Linares, but never called to actually fight Lomachenko, Crawford, or Easter, isn't avoiding them to fight Figueroa, though:jbhmm:

Interesting perspective:patrice:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
fixed that for you choc

Id rock a Matthysse shirt :mjgrin:
54457.2.jpg

#swiftset :demonic:

:Lol88:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
You called (@mr. smoke weed) Mikey......Loma answered:birdman:

“Very similar to how I wanted to get 2 gold medals in the Olympics,”said Lomachenko when asked if he’s interested in fighting Mikey Garcia. “I want to win the fight. It’s a lot of motivation for us in this fight, and it will be a great and interesting fight,”said Lomachenko about the Mikey Garcia fight.

Vasyl Lomachenko wants Mikey Garcia fight » Boxing News

You really wanna get beat up by a #PrettyBoy? :smugbiden:

When Loma starts Pretty Boy Swaggin on Skinny Fat in the ring:banderas:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

#PrettyBoys

The #PrettyBoys vs #SmokeSquad catalog is very thorough....make sure Skinny Fat is still able to make 135 and he can get this work if Salido runs away from a career high purse again. If not, vacate and let Big Shot Bob get that WBC belt and face Loma instead:birdman:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Did Mikey step up and call to face Loma? No, he didn't. Surprisingly, he no longer knows the number to the TR or the #AboutBillions hotline....but yet he can call the Waste Disposal and find Figueroa at 147:jbhmm:

So, if Loma is avoiding Mikey (:heh:), then Mikey is definitely avoiding Easter. You don't negotiate with Flanagan, Linares, and skip over Easter........to face Figueroa:comeon:

Loma is facing Rigo instead of Mikey. Mikey is facing Figueroa instead of Easter. The writing has been on the wall, it's just taking one of them CSI joints to show up for you:hubie:

Lol breh........going to 147 to fight Swift>>>>>>>>>>fighting Easter. So he has to fight Fig Newton first, I'm not mad at it. Would I have rather had him fight and beat Easter? Yes of course.

On to Loma. Yea he's fighting Rigo and he gets props for that. He's re-tread Mikey's opponents (facts), didn't do as well against them (facts), and now apparently after fighting Rigo he's going to move up to 135, cool. All this coming out a week or so after Mikey says he's moving up is.............interesting. But see it however you want to. I want them dudes to fight.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
The #PrettyBoys vs #SmokeSquad catalog is very thorough....make sure Skinny Fat is still able to make 135 and he can get this work if Salido runs away from a career high purse again. If not, vacate and let Big Shot Bob get that WBC belt and face Loma instead:birdman:
Loma wouldn't fight Easter :heh:

Meet us at 140, once you're done licking your wounds from the Rigo fight loma. Because a 2 division jump isn't a big deal right ? :mjgrin:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
When Lomachenko called out Mikey to face him at 135 it was:

Nah I don't think boxers are ever afraid of fighting one another. Mikey's an easier fight than Rigo, right this second. They were talking how hard it is for Loma to find opponents, but Rigo is willing and able. Call it what you want, I want to see them fight[/SIZE][/B].

Now that his move to 135 has been pushed back due to the Rigo fight, at 130 it's:

I would actually say they're avoiding Mikey. Mikey makes move like he's going to 147....Loma slowly moves into LW. Knowing Mikey would fukk himself up going from 147 to 35, without any of Mikey's previous issues. Plus I believe MG would KO him but :yeshrug: that's my fighter

As if Loma didn't been say he was willing to move up to 135 for Pacquiao, Lomachenko: At 135 - I'm Ready For Pacquiao, 140 is Too Much, and that he was going up to 135 period because the other 130 Champs aint willing to fight, Lomachenko: Champs at 130 'Ran Like Rats,' Might Move Up to 135, and has called out Mikey himself at 135 already before the Rigo fight was even an option Lomachenko Critical of Mikey Garcia: I'm Ready For This Fight! which is why Smoke himself said he'd prefer Loma to stay and fight Rigo :dead:

But nope, facts be damned, instead, he's waiting Skinny Fat out who cant even decide if he can actually make a fight at 135 :mjlol:

Again, one of em is fighting Rigo next....the other is facing the easiest opponent that he could find. Why not just stay at 135 and face Lomachenko or Easter at 135 next?:jbhmm:

Last edited:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Y'all think Mikey might be struggling to 135?

He's only fought at 135 once in his career, struggled to make 140 vs AB (per reports I could post), blew up in weight when he was out up to 161 lbs, and already has dropped 2 belts because he couldn't make weight...so I don't put it past him.

Besides, he's said this himself in 2016:

“We don’t have any plans yet but I’ve told the WBO that when I do return, that I’d like to test it out. I would maybe want to get a fight between 135 and 140, maybe get a catchweight to see how I feel for that division. Maybe I’d fight fight at 138 and see how that works out. Maybe I can come back down to 135 if I feel that I can make it. But as it stands right now, I don’t think that I can make it to 135. I think that maybe a catchweight of 137 or 138 would work for a fight.

What is Garcia’s walking-around weight?

“I’ve been staying in the gym but we’re at 156 or so right now. I’ve actually been as high as 161. Those are numbers that I’ve never seen before. Never. Not even last year when I couldn’t make the weight. My body just gave up. Last year, when I fought Martinez and when I fought Burgos, just to get to 130, I was already walking around at 154,” said Garcia.

“That really just made it very hard to make it back to 130. Right now, I’m walking around at 156, but I was as high as 161. So it’s just very, very hard for me to say right now what weight class I’m going to be competing in officially
but I do want to come back at a catchweight between 135 and 140 and see how I feel.”

Mikey Garcia: 'It was so hard to make the weight' - The Ring

Since he returned, he's faced Rojas at 140...Zlaticanin at 135...AB at 140...and now about to face Figueroa at 147.

With the facts on the table + he walks around as a Middleweight + his own comments, I don't think he can make 135 unless it's for a big payday and that's it. He darn sure aint gonna stick around to face someone who can beat him like Loma or a high risk/low reward fight like Easter:hubie: