Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
figueroa hasnt been impressive since he was at 135...in his notable fights above..he beat up a used up ghost, that demarco fight, and getting a gift against ricky burns in a fight he should have lost...i cant see him as being a bigger threat than linares unless omar stop eating candy and drops back down to 135..which is where the fight should be held

Mikey gonna have an easy time with Figueroa.

There's nothing Figueroa can do better than Mikey Garcia but take punishment...he's gonna be a walking punching bag.

Gonna look like Canelo vs Chavez Jr.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
figueroa hasnt been impressive since he was at 135...in his notable fights above..he beat up a used up ghost, that demarco fight, and getting a gift against ricky burns in a fight he should have lost...i cant see him as being a bigger threat than linares unless omar stop eating candy and drops back down to 135..which is where the fight should be held
You think Mikey Mr. 161 can get back down to 135 w/o fukkin himself up? I don't. @Newzz you posting that interview was the first time I've seen it. Mikey eating his way into 147 :snoop: Big G better know what he's doing RE Mikey's power. It was ? at `140 when he hit AB 600 or something times and didn't hurt him, dunno how they're gonna be able to bring it up to '47. He can box with any of the dudes there, but take those 147 power shots and give em back? IDK. Even if Mikey could get back to 135, there's no way figgy can.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Mikey gonna have an easy time with Figueroa.

There's nothing Figueroa can do better than Mikey Garcia but take punishment...he's gonna be a walking punching bag.

Gonna look like Canelo vs Chavez Jr.

We've seen Mikey :whoa:from constant pressure tho... (old small salido)

Hell when AB decided to throw punches he was successful bullying Mikey at times too

If it's at 147 Figgy will be full strength (unlike jccjr) N Figgy with glass hands N rolls of fat shows no quit or gassing :smugfavre:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
We've seen Mikey :whoa:from constant pressure tho... (old small salido)

Hell when AB decided to throw punches he was successful bullying Mikey at times too

If it's at 147 Figgy will be full strength (unlike jccjr) N Figgy with glass hands N rolls of fat shows no quit or gassing :smugfavre:
:heh:

That shyt vs Salido is so overblown, Salido had 1-2 good rounds but was still getting tagged up. If figgy is to do well against Mikey he will have to check his chin, or he will get with a shytload of hard punches.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Sister makes $42/hr as a RN in Chicago land area. As a CNA she was making 25+good benefits.
for sure..my lady is a RN..only works 32 hours a week and makes good money...my sister is one too..she picks up shifts at night and on holidays (to get that double time and a half) if she wants to make extra money for the week (or if shes about to go on her millionth vacation) in addition to her regular job.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
And, Im tired of this dude talking so much:russell:

He has to back it up...Twitter Fingers and now Motor Mouth:francis:

Guillermo Rigondeaux thinks too much has been made about him moving up two weight classes to challenge Vasyl Lomachenko.

The unbeaten Cuban southpaw has never weighed in at more than 125½ pounds for any of his 18 professional bouts, but will battle Lomachenko at the super featherweight limit of 130 pounds Saturday night. The long-reigning WBA super bantamweight champion considers skill more important than weight, though, and the two-time Olympic gold medalist feels he has been underestimated entering their 12-round title fight in The Theater at Madison Square Garden.

“[Weight] has nothing to do with it,” Rigondeaux said through a translator before an open workout Wednesday at Mendez Boxing Gym. “When there’s quality, you don’t need size or anything else.”

guillermo-rigondeaux%20(6).jpg

Based on their face-to-face meetings, Rigondeaux doesn’t think Lomachenko is all that much bigger than him.

Ukraine’s Lomachenko (9-1, 7 KOs), who began his professional career at featherweight (126 pounds) four years ago, is listed at 5-feet-6. Rigondeaux (17-0, 11 KOs, 1 NC), who has been almost exclusively a super bantamweight (122) since he turned pro eight years ago, is listed at 5-feet-4.

There is a clause in their contracts that prohibits either fighter from weighing more than 138 pounds during a second-day weigh-in Saturday morning. Rigondeaux refused to answer Wednesday when asked how much he expects to weigh at the official weigh-in Friday afternoon, at the second-day weigh-in or when he enters the ring Saturday night.

“More weight than what they think and less than what they really imagine,” Rigondeaux said. “Less than 140 and more than 122. You’ll see at the weigh-in.”

Regardless, Rigondeaux is confident he’ll fare far better than other boxers who’ve moved up two weight classes for big fights in recent years.

“What happened with Brook and what happened with Amir Khan,” Rigondeaux said, “it’s gonna be different because I’m gonna win.”

Rigondeaux referenced England’s Kell Brook, who was stopped by Gennady Golovkin in the fifth round when Brook moved up from welterweight for a middleweight title fight in September 2016 in London. England’s Khan, another welterweight, also got knocked out by Canelo Alvarez in the sixth round when he moved up for their middleweight title fight in May 2016 in Las Vegas.

ESPN will televise the bout between Lomachenko, 29, and Rigondeaux, 37, as the main event of a four-fight telecast set to start Saturday night at 9 p.m. EST/6 p.m. PST.

#NoExcuses.

Winner gets all props, loser...back to the drawing board:manny:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
They the ones who keep giving him the passes to do so though:dead:
Exactly

They try to wash their hands now like they would be the good guys :scust:

I hope I’ll live the day when these abc orgs going down

I want to see the faces of these mfers when it’s happening :ahh: